~*~ Mindyjoy's May 19 2012 Disneyland Wedding TR ~*~ Trip Report Has Begun!

So I know you were going to stick with Betsey, but did you ever think of using a necklace extender?? It'd add a few inches to the back and blend right in, especially if your hair is down??

Necklace extender! :faint: Why didn't I think of that! I'm not sure how I'll be wearing my hair yet. I kinda want to wear it up because my hair is so fine that it tends to get really heavy .... bygones.

I love this one! Gorgeous and affordable!

The Betsey one is cute too, though I kind of agree with the others that maybe it's a bit too young or trendy for a wedding? I think it would be cool for a rehearsal dinner or shower though. On the other hand, you're a pretty unique bride so I think if you want to you could pull it off! :goodvibes

Yeah, nothing about my wedding outfit will be age-appropriate, haha! I'm still in denial that I'm in my 30s. BTW, gorgeous wedding photos on FB! Congrats!!!!!!

I love this set :thumbsup2

Corinna

Yep, it sure is purdy.

I haven't been around for a little while and I missed a bunch. First of all I love love love your save the dates. They are absolutely adorable. The fabric flowers are turning out awesome!!! And I agree on the sparkle tulle that would totally be my choice as well.

I share your thoughts on the D23 expo. I was there the whole weekend and it was frustrating but I did have some fun. Saturday was crazy and I didn't even stay I went back to my hotel and swam. I did however have a lot of fun at Disneyland!!!

Thank you! I hear the expo was crazy on Saturday, I'm so glad I wasn't there! One day was enough for me.

Hi Mindy!

It feels like ages since our April cruise and I have been very absent from the DIS since then, but just randomly found your PJ when I was looking at some D23 Expo stuff so thought I'd pop in and see how you're doing.

LOVE the dress you found and your STDs are FABULOUS. Showed DH your engagement pics and he said "why didn't we have a Disney wedding?!?!" (only a Disney honeymoon for us back in 1998 :rolleyes1)

Good luck for the next couple months of planning - it will go by quickly! And, of course, congrats to you and Tim! :yay:

Take care!
Holly

HOLLY!!!!!!! So good to see you! Thanks for stopping by! Our cruise was so long ago and I'm itching for another one! We booked a dummy cruise but not sure when we'll end up going. John is so funny, maybe it's time for a Disney vow renewal?? :rolleyes1 Perhaps a 15 year Disney cruise vow renewal? :lovestruc Thanks for checking in with me and I hope to talk to you again soon!

I LOVE UR ENGAGEMENT PICS! :love: They made me grin ear 2 ear :goodvibes & chuckle as well :rotfl: All ur projects are coming 2gether nicely. I know u must b excited :cool1: The jewelry are so sparkely ( i love everything bedazzled :cutie:)

Thank you sweetie! I'm a big fan of bedazzling, myself! :cutie:

Hello friends!

First of all, today is the 6 dating anniversary for me and DF. :lovestruc Our first date was on Labor Day so we always celebrate on Labor Day.

I have been super busy lately working on my fabric flowers, and I thought I would share the latest update.

Some of the colors:

P26981109.jpg

I decorated the centers of the flowers with gold glitter glue. Some have hidden Mickeys! :)

P26980808.jpg

Here is a semi-finished topiary. What do you guys think?

P26979807.jpg

P26965800.jpg

The final one will have a shorter stem, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it! I was worried DF would think the colors are too feminine but when I showed it to him he was really impressed! He said it looked like I bought it at the store. He said it looked really pretty and asked if one was going on every table. :goodvibes

So one down, seven more to go .... :rotfl2:

Also, I have a giveaway going on over at my blog, so check it out! http://budgetfairytale.blogspot.com/2011/09/name-our-new-mascot.html

The colors are very pretty...knowing me i would put glitter & hidden mickeys in everything :rotfl: I'm sure u save alot of money doing it urself.. ur DF was right when he said it looks like it was made at the store :thumbsup2... yesterday at work i read the 1st 28 pgs of ur PJ.. i still have alot of catching up 2 do :surfweb:

Oh wow, Mindy they came out fabulous! LOVE it! =]

And happy dating anniversary to you and DF! =]

Those topairies DO look gorgeous! I love the way you pulled off the ombre look!
Remind yourself that they don't all have to look EXACTLY the same!:goodvibes

Mindy sweetie - the topiary is really lovely!! Oh the cleverness of you!!!

So Thursday is my birthday, and Friday is my planning session!!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: I'm so nervous; I spent all weekend collecting all my inspiration clippings and getting my questions together - and I'm sure there is TONS I'm forgetting! I'm so excited to spend next weekend at Disney!

I am thinking about taking the necklace back. I tried it on with the dress and didn't love it. I think I want something a little less busy. So the hunt is still on.

I was in Joann Fabric a couple weeks ago and I saw and fell in love with the look of this little fake plant.

P79554901.jpg

I loved the mossy pot and thought it would look great on the tables next to the topiary, filled with my fabric flowers. But it was $20 and even if I used 50% coupons that's still $10, or $80 total (for 8 tables). I have a bunch of unused pots and such at home so I thought I would try to make my own. I bought a "sheet" of moss for $8 (and used my half off coupon), twig "rope" for 99 cents, and a glue gun for $5.

With the sheet moss I was able to make two pots, so that's a pretty good deal, I think! And I think mine look a little better than the store bought one because mine is greener. DF was pretty impressed too, and luckily he likes them.

P79553600.jpg

They aren't perfect, like in some spots you can see the glue or the pot under the moss. But hopefully the lights will be kinda low during the reception. :laughing:

With the sheet moss I was able to make two pots, so that's a pretty good deal, I think! And I think mine look a little better than the store bought one because mine is greener. DF was pretty impressed too, and luckily he likes them.

They aren't perfect, like in some spots you can see the glue or the pot under the moss. But hopefully the lights will be kinda low during the reception. :laughing:

I agree with your DF. They do look better than the store bought ones. Great job! I am sure no one will notice the little imperfections that you do. I couldn't find any in the picture. They will look great! I LOVE the topiaries!

The topiary looks awesome, I love the colors and the hidden mickeys! Those Pots are pretty awesome as well! Everything looks amazing so far :)

Oohhh I love the fabric topiary and the moss to go with it! You did a GREAT job!!

And Mulan came out today, so happy early birthday!!!! :D :lmao:

Happy Early Birthday & Planning Session!! :)

Your topiary came out BEAUTIFUL!! Love it!! Those colors are so pretty and naturally I love the hidden mickeys!! :goodvibes

HI MINDY!!!
I started your TR last night bc we just had our big wedding (we were legally married in vegas 2 yrs ago)/vow renewal on sunday (09/09/11) and we are going on the Wonder :cool1: for our honeymoon. I saw that you had a PJ, wondered what it was and officially became obsessed reading more and more! You would think I was sick of wedding planning, but I guess I have to wean myself LOL! :rotfl2:I have enjoyed reading it all since last night. Its like reading a book and hoping the character (the princess) gets her dream come true! I would have loved to have a DFTW! Maybe for another vow renewal! ;) I am totally living vicariously through you!! I am so glad you have been getting what you have wanted! I will be following your journey!

Love the topiaries! :thumbsup2

Awesome deal on the dress! :thumbsup2

I am a glitter w h o r e too! :rotfl2:

My colors were fushia & black

Can I come to the wedding if someone bails last minute? LOL :rotfl:

p.s. I was totally not the fru fru bride either. I couldn't imagine a big poofy dress. I found mine online for 200 :) Our wedding was a computer themed wedding because we are total nerds and met online :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter