• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Minivan Capacity: Luggage & Passengers?

monzmom

Mouseketeer
Has anyone out there recently rented a mini-van out of MCO? My sister has a mini-van reserved through Budget for our trip in January. They are arriving 2 days before us and will pick us up at the airport. We hope to head out to the Kennedy Space Center on one of the days during our vacation. We will be a party of 4 adults, two kids in boosters, and one infant in a regular carseat. Will we all fit in a standard mini-van? Or should I get another car? Any input would help. TIA! DU :wave:

A minivan should seat 7. 2 front, 2 mid seat & 3 rear seat. Also fitting luggage in with all 7 could be a problem. We twice traveled with 6 and had luggage in peoples laps.

We traveled with 4 adults and 2 kids and their luggage(3 bags apiece). While we did have some of the luggage on the floor at our feet, it wasn't bad. I'm assuming that you won't be traveling to Space Center with all your luggage. If you just have to get from the airport to your resort with all the stuff it won't be a problem. I just wouldn't want to travel for an extended period of time with stuff around my feet.

We rented a minivan with Budget once, and we got a Ford Windstar. I'd say you wouldn't have enough room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter