Minor OKW Grand Villa AC "design flaw"

Uncleromulus

Plain grey will be fine
Now it's a good thing that the upstairs has it's own temperature controls. But I wonder why they had to have seveal upstairs "vents" right over the main living area?? Those vents are directly above the vents already servicing that room, so they do nothing for the upstairs bedrooms.
Turned out each AM I was freezing downstairs even tho I'd turned my own AC off. The upstairs AC was still running (the people still sound asleep), pouring cold air directly downstairs.
Anyone else ever notice this??? I found myself thinking that the entire top part of the downstairs room is mostly wasted space, and they almost could have closed it all in and added a 3'rd bedroom upstairs-----

We have never experienced that. Was this the first time you noticed that problem in a GV? Maybe it was a problem in your unit.

Only time we've done a grand Villa. As soon as we got in and looked around, I noticed the "double level" of outlets in the main room. I wondered why, and later it became clear--the upper ones are for the upper thermostat. But they too blow down on the main room, and do absolutely nothing for the upstairs. Now --who really cares if there are one or twow outlets in a room?? But when one is pouring cool air down and you really can't shut it off--it's a nuiscance.

Hmmm, we have never had that problem, but maybe it was an issue if the upstairs thermostat was set considerably lower than the downstairs one.

Which--of course--it was!! But it was THEIR themostat, so no way I could really go up and turn it down!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter