Missing guest on reservation, will this affect FP+ ???

crusin'minnie

Mouseketeer
Booked at the Swan (12 people, 3 rooms). 61 days out today.

3 of our party cannot go due to Hurricane Harvey, have 3 replacements. Called WDW yesterday to change guests. CM said my room total would increase $619 for the 5 nights. She agreed that this seemed ridiculous. She got assistance from another dept and after 1hr 45 min on the phone my changes were made with no increase.

BUT- when I went into MDX- I only show 3 people in each room. Will this mess up my FP+ when I try to book tomorrow?

My apologies if this has been answered in the FP thread, I could not find it.

I'm freaking out a bit and scared to call them back at this point since I had a mild heart attack at the thought of an additional $1,800.

I had/have the exact same issue, and I believe you will have FP booking issues for the folks not showing up in MDX.

Can you just cancel the reservation and rebook?

If everyone in the party are connected through Family and Friends, and if everyone has valid admission tickets you shouldn't have an issue with one provision. Each FP reservation you make needs to include at least one person from the group who has a room reservation.

If the "missing" three people show up as tickets but not room reservations I think you're fine for FP. If it's a package and they just aren't showing up at all I don't think you'll be able to book FP for them, how would you? Even if it's the former you're going to have to get it straightened out eventually if you are doing any EMH.

So, basically, the CM removed the 3 people who couldn't go and never replaced them with the 3 new people? Did you purchase a package with tickets? If you booked room-only and you purchased tickets separately it shouldn't matter as long as those 3 new people are connected to your MDE account through Friends and Family. If you booked a package with tickets and those 3 people aren't showing up in MDE with valid tickets attached, yes, you will have problems.

Just for future reference, it is much easier to book Swan/Dolphin directly with the resort by calling or going through their website. You will find the best prices there too. Swan/Dolphin are not owned or operated by WDW.

make sure everyone is linked to you as Family and Friends. Even if they are not on the resort reservation. you should be able to make FP+ for them (but they must get FP+s for the same time as someone else who is actually on the resort reservation).

Even if they are linked, if they aren't on the resort reservation, I don't know how you would get FPs at 60 days out. 30 days out? Sure.

Even if they are linked, if they aren't on the resort reservation, I don't know how you would get FPs at 60 days out. 30 days out? Sure.

If you are staying at a resort that qualifies for 60-day FP+ booking, you can make FP+ for people linked through Friends and Family even if they don't have a resort reservation. You just need to make sure a person ON the reservation is also on the FP+ booking at the time you make it. For example, I'm staying in a Swan room, my sister is staying offsite, we both have tickets linked - I can make 60-day FP+ reservations for both of us. I just can't make one just for her. I have to make sure I'm making a FP+ for myself at the same time.

It is odd to only have 3 in each of 3 rooms show up. I would want this fixed, so everyones magic bands worked the room doors (do swan and dolphin get MB?) and for EE day admittance (again, not sure if Swan/Dolphin is eligible?)

Yes you can as long as they are in a group of guests that are on property. I book FP+ for my sister niece and nephew all the time when they drive over for the day and go to the parks with us even though they don't stay in the resort with us.

So for now the OP can book the FP+ they want, again as long as an onsite guest is included in the selection.

You will want to get straight when you check in of course to ensure everyone has access to the correct room, room charging (where applicable) and access to EMH.

It is odd to only have 3 in each of 3 rooms show up. I would want this fixed, so everyones magic bands worked the room doors (do swan and dolphin get MB?) and for EE day admittance (again, not sure if Swan/Dolphin is eligible?)

No magic bands at S/D and I am sure they can get the guests straightened out at check in and get everyone a room key if they can't get it done prior. Swan Dolphin is elibible for EMH, just need to show that room key.

In the meantime they are good to go with FP+ as long as they book them along with a guest (guests) who is showing in the room.

In the meantime they are good to go with FP+ as long as they book them along with a guest (guests) who is showing in the room.

Still - that is annoying if the group wants to split up. I would deal with it for the next few days (since you are already at your FP+ booking window tomorrow) but get it fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you for all the great responses! I am going to try and book my FP without making changes to the reservation. EMH is just not worth $1,800. :)

Still - that is annoying if the group wants to split up. I would deal with it for the next few days (since you are already at your FP+ booking window tomorrow) but get it fixed as soon as possible.

Agree - just fyi you can split up the groups as long as at least one guest is recognized as staying onsite so its a good workaround until the op can get the situation resolved.

Yes you can as long as they are in a group of guests that are on property. I book FP+ for my sister niece and nephew all the time when they drive over for the day and go to the parks with us even though they don't stay in the resort with us.

So for now the OP can book the FP+ they want, again as long as an onsite guest is included in the selection.

You will want to get straight when you check in of course to ensure everyone has access to the correct room, room charging (where applicable) and access to EMH.

I to would be concerned about their their ability to access EMH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter