Missing the Epcot Sign.

NJ2Boardwalk

DIS Veteran
We just got back roughly a week ago and finally saw for myself that the sign was gone. I didn't want to believe it, but when I saw it I had to. I think the sign was also a part of Epcot's symbol, not just Spaceship Earth. Does anyone feel the same way?

Here is what I'm missing.....
Epcot.jpg

I feel the same. I loved the wand! I will miss it when we go back in November. :( We are the minority though, most people hated it and are glad it's gone.

The first time I went the wand wasn't there. I much prefer Spaceship Earth without it - as it was meant to be.

I miss it too =[ I didn't like when it said '2000' but I liked it this way.

At first I really did but lately I've been seeing some nice pictures taken with Spaceship Earth and the lack of hand/wand is growing on me.

Do not miss the wand at all. It wasnt there when it was built, doesnt need to be there now. Kinda like the cake castle, somethings should not have been done

I like it better without the wand. It didn't make much sense.... just a random floating arm. Now if they would have added Mickey ears to Space Earth I could dig that.

That always made me feel like I was really in epcot. I thought it was just the wand, not the whole thing!

I am so glad it is gone. I hated that wand with a red hot loathing that seethed deep in my soul. I thought it was ugly, poorly done and in bad taste.

I have to disagree. I am so glad that ugly wand is gone! Spaceship Earth is beautiful in its unadorned form. I have no idea why they thought the wand added anything to it. You don't have a big sign on the castle saying "Magic Kingdom."

My trip last October when they first took the wand off, I took about a gabillion pictures of Spaceship Earth. It is so pretty, it doesn't need all that stuff on it.

Now if they would only get rid of the tombstones out front, Epcot would be back to its former glory.:wizard:

I have to disagree. I am so glad that ugly wand is gone! Spaceship Earth is beautiful in its unadorned form. I have no idea why they thought the wand added anything to it. You don't have a big sign on the castle saying "Magic Kingdom."

My trip last October when they first took the wand off, I took about a gabillion pictures of Spaceship Earth. It is so pretty, it doesn't need all that stuff on it.

Now if they would only get rid of the tombstones out front, Epcot would be back to its former glory.:wizard:

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Now if we could only get rid of that darn hat!

I loved the wand. Disney is about magic and whimsy, and I thought it fit in perfectly. I never loved the "golf ball" look of Spaceship Earth, and I think it is very boring without the wand. But I guess it fits in better with all the golf courses Disney is now promoting in their WaterPark and More package....

I loved the wand. Disney is about magic and whimsy, and I thought it fit in perfectly. I never loved the "golf ball" look of Spaceship Earth, and I think it is very boring without the wand. But I guess it fits in better with all the golf courses Disney is now promoting in their WaterPark and More package....

Magic Kingdom is about magic and whimsy, not Epcot! Walt Disney represented many things, and although EPCOT Center was not the city he planned, it was very similar to what he wanted for a futuristic world's fair...and that didn't include Mickey & the gang.

So saying that it's "more" Disney than what Walt himself wanted is not being aware of history.

Epcot has always had Journey into the Imagination... which was even more whimsical in its original form. Nemo and Turtle Talk are very whimsical. Epcot has always had character appearances in the WS. Didn't they at one time have a red bus with characters? (Been a long time since I've seen it, and can't remember where it was.) But, my comment did not refer to Epcot as a separate entity, but as a part of WDW as a whole. And lets not forget that "it all began with a mouse."

Epcot has always had Journey into the Imagination... which was even more whimsical in its original form. Nemo and Turtle Talk are very whimsical. Epcot has always had character appearances in the WS. Didn't they at one time have a red bus with characters? (Been a long time since I've seen it, and can't remember where it was.) But, my comment did not refer to Epcot as a separate entity, but as a part of WDW as a whole. And lets not forget that "it all began with a mouse."

Nemo and Turtle Talk are also not what I consider true to the ideas of the original Epcot. When EPCOT Center first opened, the red buses were used for guests to get around WS.

Future World was designed to have a very clean, symmetrical appearance and with very organized shapes and presence. The wand ruined the original architecture. It was ok for 2000 but it overstayed it's welcome. Not to mention that from the Universe of Energy side it looked horrible.

Count us in on ones who miss the wand. We are so glad we got that final picture in front of Spaceship Earth with the wand...we won't get a picture this year...just not the same.

Never saw the wand, never want to see the wand. I like Spaceship Earth the way it was meant to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter