Missing the old OKW colors

kid-at-heart

DIS Veteran
I just uploaded our recent OKW photos into Facebook and was comparing the pre and post renovation colors. I really miss the lighter tones. The dark brown colors just do not seem right in an Old Key West environment. I do hope when it is time for the next OKW renovation the color scheme is updated to reflect "Old Key West".

On a positive note, we absolutely loved our visit and have no complaints other than the color scheme and that we did not get to stay longer. Our villa was spacious, clean and quiet. The view was wonderful. We did not get the upper floor we requested but it ended up being ok. The folks above us did have a young one running around but we only heard him/her in the morning and early in the evening.

kate

A few photos from our visit:

IMG_7306.jpg

IMG_7292.jpg

IMG_7280.jpg

IMG_7277.jpg

IMG_7436.jpg

Many of us here had the same reaction as yours to the redecorating that was done.

Count me in with the previous posters. Color scheme reminds me of "Old Beach Club West". But -- the picture of that huge balcony makes up for a little bit.

mac_tlc

As long as they don't repaint the outsides. I love those colors and have painted the rooms in my house those colors (didn't know it at the time, but realized it on a trip shortly afterwards).

Thank you for the pictures. I haven't seen then newly done rooms. I do like those colors alot, but I do think of Key West as the peachy, seafoam green colors. I could live with the new color scheme, and I love wood floors, but not noisy laminate, but I completely understand the colors not "feeling" like Key West.

It looks like you were one of the fortunate ones who got building 45 or 46! I totally agree about the horrible color scheme and redo of the decor. It no longer looks like turn of the last century Key West, but more like any other modern day hotel. HATE the bed spread and head boards in the master and I can't stand that ugly brown fabric on the wicker master BR chair and living room pull out chair.

It looks like you were one of the fortunate ones who got building 45 or 46! I totally agree about the horrible color scheme and redo of the decor. It no longer looks like turn of the last century Key West, but more like any other modern day hotel. HATE the bed spread and head boards in the master and I can't stand that ugly brown fabric on the wicker master BR chair and living room pull out chair.

I do agree. I wish OKW and all the rest had duvets instead of the heavy bedspreads. I also am a fan of lighter colors on chairs, sofas, beds, etc.

We were lucky to be in building 45. We had two requests and actually had one request granted. This is the first time in many visits that we were lucky enough to have one of our requests granted. :)

kate

We are here now and also like the old color scheme better. It was very strange, it doesn't feel the same.

I do agree. I wish OKW and all the rest had duvets instead of the heavy bedspreads. I also am a fan of lighter colors on chairs, sofas, beds, etc.

We were lucky to be in building 45. We had two requests and actually had one request granted. This is the first time in many visits that we were lucky enough to have one of our requests granted. :)

kate

I'm not a fan of the duvets because that usually means there isn't a blanket on the bed, just the duvet. And most of them are very heavy. So if you are only a little cool, you only have the sheet to cover with. And I hate sleeping with a duvet.

Another fan of the lighter colors here. I'm sorry, but the new color scheme looks like it was designed by one of the losers from "Design Star", that is, someone whoo didn't really know what "Key West-style" was supposed to look like.

Another fan of the lighter colors here. I'm sorry, but the new color scheme looks like it was designed by one of the losers from "Design Star", that is, someone whoo didn't really know what "Key West-style" was supposed to look like.
LOL
Pretty good description.

You have hit the nail squarely on the head!:laughing:

I agreed completely - definitely like the old colors better than the new ones.

that say - it was probably the peach that looked in pictures like pink - that made them decided to go with other colors. but why did they do with beach theme instead of kW....:confused3

kw to me is definitely more colorfully than any other beach areas.

Ugh. We just booked a week at OKW for December. We haven't stayed there in a long time (my wife has never been there) and our choice was OKW or Saratoga. I chose OKW because I distinctly remember the light and airy feeling of the rooms and such. Not looking like that now. I'm not going to fret over it, just kinda a bummer is all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter