Mission Space

sandyneck

DIS Veteran
We did MS this past week and I wanted to tell people to believe the warning signs!! I know on most other rides, I just blow right by them and never give them a second thought because I never have a problem on rides. My husband was discombobulated for 3 full days and I had bed spins for 2 days after the ride. It really does mess with your equilibrium. My 2 kids loved it though. If you have any problem with motion be prepared to feel a little strange when you get off it, but no matter what anyone says, we had to do it!! It was kinda of cool but I was very uncomfortable for most of the ride. My dad waited for us and he said no one came off the ride saying how great it was, they all just had this strange look on their faces!! It you can enjoy it, it will be a blast!

i think the key to not getting sick is to keep your head back and focus on the monitor. if you let your eyes wander from the monitor you will realize that you are spinning and get sick.

i "generally" have a problem with motion sickness...for example, i have problems with the tea cups at mk or body wars at epcot (but i still do them)...we rode ms twice in july (during the time that they were offering previews of the ride) and i had no problem either of the times...it is a great ride and not to be missed...
have a great time!!!
sunking

We used a fast pass, but only had to wait a 1/2 hour for the fast pass time. The standby wait was 45 minutes. I think what is weird about this ride is there is no way to know how it is going to affect you. I did keep my head back and my eyes straight ahead. I did not feel like I was spinning, I just felt horrible! I think everyone should just try it and hope for the best!!

We waited in the standby line and it was ok until we got into the inside que. The line stopped moving for about 40 minutes while the fast pass people kept zipping ahead. It looked like 2 standby people would board for about every 50 fast pass riders. There were people in front of me yelling to different cast members about this. It was pretty ugly. I heard afterwards that someone got sick and that caused the standby line to come to a halt. I think the anger could of been prevented had an annoucement been made on why the standby loading was stopped. People were also complaining to a supervisor about the stoppage of boarding standby riders as we left out the exit.

It is not just the spinning that is a problem. It is a very confining when the control panel drops very close to your face. I wanted to get out as soon as that happened but it was too late. It is the only ride I will never attempt again. My friend at work got stuck inside for 30 minutes when it broke down Sunday. Just the fear of being trapped that long inside is too much for me. You could even smell vomit as you walked the hallway exiting the ride. Please heed the warnings about this ride if you are in anyway in the slightest bit claustrophobic.

My DH went on it this weekend while I waited outside like the chicken I am. His wait was 75 minutes. He said he enjoyed the lift off, but not the rest of it, especially the part where they were trying to make you lose your focus.

I'm prone to motion sickness, so I waited across from the exit, around the corner where the benches in the shade were. In about 5 minutes time, I saw three people throw up right in front of me! Yikes! That made me feel sick to my stomach too, and I hadn't even been on the ride. It seems like they could all make it to that point before they had to barf. I really didn't realize what was wrong with the first older man, he seemed like he was going to collapse and all I could think of was that he was having a heart attack. Call 911! Call 911! LOL! Then it dawned on me and ohhh too late to look away. I started to jump up and here comes a teenage boy whose face was as red as a beet - poor thing, right in front of his girlfriend too! Followed by an older lady with her husband trailing her with a handkerchief. If you're waiting for someone DON'T sit there! I ran back to the exit where the store is and waited beside it instead. You could tell who was queasy as soon as they walked out....and I just turned and looked the other way.

I'd say a good rule of thumb is if you get car or sea sick, or are older and maybe on some medications this might not be the ride for you - or at least don't eat a bunch of stuff before you get on!

Hi - we did Mission Space last week.. :)

The stand by line said 50 minutes but we were on and off within 30, which was great!

I was the navigator and my DD9 was the pilot, we had 2 strangers with us for the Commander and Engineer... the ride is cool, I like Gary Sinese as the preshow... we had no ill effects at all, I did not feel weird or strange? nothing.. just a fun ride,

There is a pressure on your chest during take off and your face sort of pulls back, if you try to lift your arms they feel like dead weight.

Hope you all get to try it out soon

>>^..^<<

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter