Yes we shall see if we have a Tim Gunn moment and make it work, or if we end up going with a couple of simple props like ears or something!

I'm banking on BTMR being open and it's usually a walk-on later in the evening. Peter Pan would work best as a FP because it's wait times are consistently high.

I'm hopeful that it will be open as well now that SDMT has been added to the list. If it is open, either based on reports or the list is updated then I might change my strategy to a PP FP, but if not then I'll stick with Big Thunder. I know that even in April we were able to ride it twice in a row after Wishes with little to no wait, and then run over and ride Mine Train with no wait before close. (We were literally the last people to ride Mine Train!)

Speaking of choices 6:30-7:30 both are great! Sadly, you only get to pick one

I know, decisions are hard! I'm leaning towards Pooh & crew and trying to knock that out early because I kind of think I'd like the Magic Shots when it's dark? Are they better that way?

I'm hopeful that it will be open as well now that SDMT has been added to the list. If it is open, either based on reports or the list is updated then I might change my strategy to a PP FP, but if not then I'll stick with Big Thunder. I know that even in April we were able to ride it twice in a row after Wishes with little to no wait, and then run over and ride Mine Train with no wait before close. (We were literally the last people to ride Mine Train!)

I know, decisions are hard! I'm leaning towards Pooh & crew and trying to knock that out early because I kind of think I'd like the Magic Shots when it's dark? Are they better that way?

The "ghostly" magic shots are best taken when dark as for the Headless Horseman, Poison Apple and the new Tangled Lantern MS those look best at dusk. Here's my go to site for MS and where you can see how different they look:
http://capturingmagic.me/a-guide-to-disney-world-magic-shots

Also bring a compact before you say "Cheese" nothing like getting food stuck in your pearly whites!
upload_2017-5-18_11-24-15.png Lol

I have a few questions. First off, please don't shoot me for asking. :)

We are going August 30th and September 1st. We are going on a cruise on the 2nd so just a very short WDW trip for us. And it will just be hubby and myself, no kids (first ever childless vacation after 19 years of marriage... WOOHOO!). So, with all that in mind, we are not excited about the MNSSHP. We had been planning on going to Epcot and AK on the 30th, and then MK on the 1st. However, now I'm not sure since MNSSHP is on the 1st as well. Will it be crowded on the 1st in MK? Should we flip flop our park days and just avoid MK on the 1st and we'll be fine? Or should we do MK in the morning and early afternoon? If we do this, do we need to buy another ticket for the MNSSHP if we don't want to attend that event? We want to try to avoid the crowds as much as possible to go on as many rides as we can.

Thank you so much!
You do not need to purchase a party ticket to attend MK during the day (just know you'll need to leave by 7 if not attending the party). If that's ok with you, I've found party days are some of the lowest day crowds at MK. If you want a full day at MK (but do not want to attend the party), flip your days. But also know that non party days at MK will be significantly more crowded. Have a great trip, whatever you decide to do!

Hi FOXC63,

It's Betty, again thank you for contacting us. Bob and I have been reading your thread and looking through all the links and I have a few questions. Do you think we should purchase the Memory Maker Package or the One Day during our trip? Are there seats we can sit on during the Halloween entertainment? If we need to leave can we come back into the parks? Thank you.

Hi FOXC63,

It's Betty, again thank you for contacting us. Bob and I have been reading your thread and looking through all the links and I have a few questions. Do you think we should purchase the Memory Maker Package or the One Day during our trip? Are there seats we can sit on during the Halloween entertainment? If we need to leave can we come back into the parks? Thank you.

I recommend the MM package even though you won't be together the entire time you'll still be able to see all the pictures taken of your family. Seats? Ha! Don't I wish! Most people sit on the sidewalk during the parade, for shows you'll have to stand and during fireworks benches are located throughout. Most people sit in the fake grass area in front of Casey's or stand directly on Main Street. Yes, you can come and go at any park. MK will be the easiest.

Also bring a compact before you say "Cheese" nothing like getting food stuck in your pearly whites!
upload_2017-5-18_11-24-15-png.237838
Lol

:rotfl2: I'm dying! This picture is hilarious!

The "ghostly" magic shots are best taken when dark as for the Headless Horseman, Poison Apple and the new Tangled Lantern MS those look best at dusk. Here's my go to site for MS and where you can see how different they look:
http://capturingmagic.me/a-guide-to-disney-world-magic-shots

I forgot about that site! Thank you! I might try the lantern on a regular MK day. I'll have to keep in mind that dusk is better for the Headless Horseman, Poison Apple and that!

Sounds like true love and a really good sport!:laughing:

It was definitely true love and he was a fantastic sport. We stood in line to meet Cruella and we each took a hand, got down on our knees and begged her to give us our puppies. She was great, never broke character, kept complimenting us on our gorgeous pelts.....er coats. The handlers to the sides were completely cracking up, as were the people behind us in line.

I'll take those memories of my DH over flowers and chocolates any day!:lovestruc

Quick off-subject, will you be here on October 12th? I have reservations for V&A that night and I'd really like to share it with someone.

Bob & Betty's
2017 MNSSHP Itinerary
upload_2017-6-2_14-20-7.png
Carl & Elizabeth Fredricksen

October 29, 2017
9:00 - 9:20 Peter Pan
9:20 - 9:40 Haunted Mansion
9:40 - 10:00 It’s a Small World
10:00 - 10:30 Liberty Square River Boat
10:30 - 10:50 Hall of Presidents
10:50 - 11:15 Muppets
11:15 - 12:30 11:30 Crystal Palace (With family)

Leave the park after lunch and return at 3pm and pick up where we left off.

2:50 - 3:20 Mickey’s PhilharMagic FP 3:00-4:00
3:25 - 4:30 Tom Sawyer Island
4:30 - 4:45 Pick up Wristbands at Tortuga Tavern
4:45 - 5:30 Pecos Bills Tall Tale Inn (Just me & Bob)
5:30 - 5:40 Pirates of Caribbean FP 4:30-5:30
5:40 - 6:00 WD Tiki Room FP 5:30-6:30
6:00 - 7:20 Captain Jack Sparrow
7:20 - 8:30 8:15 Boo To-You Parade at Frontierland
8:30 - 9:30 9:15 Hocus Pocus Show
9:30 - 10:30 Castle Show and Happy HalloWishes in front of Casey's
10:30- 11:00 Talking Mickey - If we are still able to stand!

Last edited:
We haven't been to MNSSHP since 2012. We will be going twice this year, either once early Aug/Sept and once in Oct or twice in Oct. Has so much changed since 2012 that this kind of planning is necessary to really enjoy the party? I have not kept up with the changes over the years and reading about the intense planning involved is bringing me to the verge of not going at all. We know all of the regular Disney planning process inside and out but this is beyond any type of planning we have ever done.

We have also been to MVMCP four or five times-not since 2010- and will be attending that as well this year. Is the same level of planning now required for that too?

It was definitely true love and he was a fantastic sport. We stood in line to meet Cruella and we each took a hand, got down on our knees and begged her to give us our puppies. She was great, never broke character, kept complimenting us on our gorgeous pelts.....er coats. The handlers to the sides were completely cracking up, as were the people behind us in line.

I'll take those memories of my DH over flowers and chocolates any day!:lovestruc

Quick off-subject, will you be here on October 12th? I have reservations for V&A that night and I'd really like to share it with someone.

These are fantastic memories! Pelts...ha! I see what you did there:laughing: I'm banking on meeting her at Club Villain! I wish we were going to be there on Oct 12th, we've never been to V&A but thank you for the invite!:hug: Have you been working on your plans? I sent away for fabric samples I hope they arrive soon I'd like to start on my costumes asap.

We haven't been to MNSSHP since 2012. We will be going twice this year, either once early Aug/Sept and once in Oct or twice in Oct. Has so much changed since 2012 that this kind of planning is necessary to really enjoy the party? I have not kept up with the changes over the years and reading about the intense planning involved is bringing me to the verge of not going at all. We know all of the regular Disney planning process inside and out but this is beyond any type of planning we have ever done.

We have also been to MVMCP four or five times-not since 2010- and will be attending that as well this year. Is the same level of planning now required for that too?

Absolutely you can enjoy attending the party without making any plans and yes things have changed since 2012. There are more people staying in October to the degree Disney no longer offers Fall Free Dining and it's been years since they've offered Stay Three Nights and the Fourth is Free. The parties have changed as well, the offerings are plentiful and encompasses the entire park.

Creating a plan like the one on page 1 post #2 helps keep things in perspective, it shows what can be accomplished on any party night whether sold out or not. I don't find this to be "intense" at all, I'm surrounded by intelligent people that have facts based on their own experiences as well as my own. We work in a stress free collaborative environment.

I think you should familiarize yourself with all that is offered please refer to the Official MNSSHP 2017 thread read the first and second post. Here's the link:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...-so-scary-halloween-party-boo-to-you.3580223/

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to post!:flower3:

Last edited:
When I look at your time vs Touring Plans they are different. You have 9:00-9:20 for Peter Pan 20 minutes and Touring plan lists duration as 3 minutes. Shouldn't it read 9:00-9:03?
We haven't "agreed" on Characters yet. We prefer to see the first Hocus Pocus show, parade and after the fireworks go back to our resort. Thank you.

Hi Betty & Bob! The time allows you to get from Point A to Point B, get on and off the ride, ride time and possible people ahead of you. So your plan would look something like:

9:00 - 9:20 Peter Pan 20min
9:25 - 9:45 It’s a small World 20min
9:45 - 9:50 Mickey’s PhilharMagic 25min
9:55 - 10:15 FP Haunted Mansion 20min **Schedule FP 9:30-10:30???
10:20 - 10:50 Liberty Square River Boat 15min
I'm not positive about the timing of this ride, I think you'll catch the 10:30? There are benches to sit on while you wait.

10:55 - 11:10 Tom Sawyer Island
I can't see how to work it in you'll need round trip transportation time and time to enjoy this hidden gem. Don't forget you have Memory Maker you might want to use this time to have pictures taken or schedule something else?

11:15 - 12:15 11:30 Crystal Palace
Leave the park after lunch and return at 3pm.

3:15 - 3:35 Pirates of Caribbean 20min **Schedule FP 3:00 - 4:00
3:40 - 4:00 Magic Carpet of Aladdin 20min
4:05 - 4:30 WD Tiki Room 20min

This is what I see for now. Let it sit. Take your time and we'll work on it some more.:smickey:

Thank you FOXC63 for your help! Do you really think we'll need to make a FP for Haunted Mansion so early?

My husband and I have never been to WDW, we'll be meeting our son and his family there and we are very excited! I think this is a very important step in planning a vacation. We've read several people suggest "make a solid plan" which we did not know how to do until we saw this. We were completely overwhelmed but by taking it one day at a time it has lessened our anxiety. I wish planning the rest of our vacation were this easy.

I'm trying to estimate some wait times for some character greetings that aren't the big names (like Jack & Sally, 7 Dwarfs, etc).

Has anyone 'rope dropped' a group like Minnie with Donald & Daisy? Is that necessary? Kenny the Pirate has a list from last year of approximate wait times for characters from last year's first party (I'm going on 9/1 so I assume it will be similar). Probably my must-meet characters for this party are:

Minnie w/ Donald & Daisy
Mickey
Ariel (I know she can be met during reg. park hours but I'll be dressing in an Ariel-inspired costume so I want to grab a shot)
Gaston w/ village Belle

Can anyone comment on approximate wait times and which one of these I should get in line for first? Do any of them see super short wait times toward the end of the party?

Thanks all!

Thank you FOXC63 for your help! Do you really think we'll need to make a FP for Haunted Mansion so early?

I put question marks there to see if you are willing to move it and go earlier so no you wouldn't need to. Please feel free to use the same post to correct your itinerary instead of posting a new one too. That is your page and no one else can make changes to it. If you want to decorate add pictures feel free.

We're looking at the Pandora link you posted. Do you have any links to help us plan the rest of our park days like your post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter