MNSSHP replaced by After Hours Event "Boo Bash"

Nah, Eric is right on.

There are a couple posters who notoriously come in here and bash Disney because it’s fun for them to rile people up. Negative about absolutely everything. Very predictable posts.

These posters have said before how the offerings at places like Six Flags and other places are better than Disney. Can’t imagine them enjoying place that they constantly criticize and seem to hate. They also feel it’s right to judge what’s worth it for other people to spend their own money on.

For me, spending $1 at Six Flags is too much. I wouldn’t even go if someone gave me free tickets. Awful experience last time. But hey, if someone enjoys that kind of thing they can spend as much money on it that as they see fit.

I guess I haven't been on much lately and hadn't paid much attention to that person's posts. Yes, I can understand that if you never have anything nice to say, and don't enjoy the place, then why even bother being here?

I guess just sometimes it seems as though some people take any realistic views as negative criticism. Some here don't always understand the difference between being realistic and being negative. But as I said, I haven't followed it (the board in general) or particular people's posts closely lately. The place hasn't really been the same since "The Departure".

I certainly don't see Disney (the corp) with rose-colored glasses, and I absolutely think as a business their model over the last few years has been to see how much they can cut while increasing prices (which makes financial sense) - they definitely prioritize their shareholders over their "normal" guests. But that doesn't mean we don't love them all the same. We are one of those "emotionally attached" families, who will continue to come as long as we can financially do so.

And for us, that's the key - finances, and how the changes they make affect what we can get for our money - how badly it will cut into our experience. We're on an extremely tight budget, so cutbacks, changes etc... have a much bigger impact on both our willingness and honestly just flat out our ability to go, than someone who makes a lot more. If we had the bank accounts of some people here, lol, then what we would be willing/able to tolerate, would absolutely be different. I wouldn't hesitate to go right now - if my bank account had different numbers, lol.

Sometimes to see those flippant comments of, "If it bothers you so much go elsewhere" are almost... I don't want to say hurtful, but... show that some have no clue what other people are thinking/feeling/going through. Because Disney has emotional ties for our family, it really SUCKS when these changes happen (generalizing here, not talking about MNSSHP), because every one just edges us that much closer to being priced out, and as such, yes, I'm probably more vocal about the little things that people don't think are a big deal (either because it doesn't really matter to them financially, or they don't really have that emotional connection). And I'm certainly not alone in this.

You don't know there won't be fireworks at this party. They didn't say either way. I expect that if fireworks come back before these parties start, then the party will have fireworks as well. Do you feel as passionately about ticket prices now since people are still paying full price even though there aren't fireworks or parades? They're all a bunch of suckers!

I didn't miss anything. This party will be different than MNSSHP. It may be better, it may be worse. Time will tell. I know change is scary sometimes, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Yes! I wish everyone would protest with their pocketbooks so they might hit a wall with all of their constant price raising. It won't end until we stop spending. I mean it really has gotten sooo expensive. It always was but it's so crazy now.

Yes! I wish everyone would protest with their pocketbooks so they might hit a wall with all of their constant price raising. It won't end until we stop spending. I mean it really has gotten sooo expensive. It always was but it's so crazy now.

Disney had the unique "problem" in that the two biggest complaints seem to be 1) the expense and 2) the crowds .... No matter how much they raise prices people keep coming. It doesn't follow the normal supply/demand laws

But people get enjoyment out of it that many don't find elsewhere so it is worth it to them and I am happy for them. I still think Disney gives an amazing value for what they offer (even if it can be argued it is less value than in the past) which is why we still go. Though we are adding on a Universal stay to our next trip

It doesn't negate anything. They haven't announced capacity like they haven't said whether fireworks or stage shows or a parade will be part of this event. We don't know the details yet. I can see that the negative contingent on this board just loves to complain but you'd probably be less miserable if you waited for some details before going off the deep end.

Do you think they are going to announce and stick to said capacity? Not much in the history of Disney would make someone think that. Its also quite clear that if they had something major to announce about this event...ie. fireworks, they would have.

This event wasnt created with fireworks and a parade in the budget, its not happening.

Also keep in mind the only one stopping disney from doing fireworks from day 1 has been disney.

Theres nothing negative about looking at whats actually been happening rather than throwing down a $100 and crossing my fingers. Youd have better luck in vegas.

Do you think they are going to announce and stick to said capacity? Not much in the history of Disney would make someone think that. Its also quite clear that if they had something major to announce about this event...ie. fireworks, they would have.

This event wasnt created with fireworks and a parade in the budget, its not happening.

Also keep in mind the only one stopping disney from doing fireworks from day 1 has been disney.

Theres nothing negative about looking at whats actually been happening rather than throwing down a $100 and crossing my fingers. Youd have better luck in vegas.
You’re still just making a bunch of assumptions.

It is very possible they are planning for best case scenario of being able to do more stuff but also have a plan B and C and D contingency and they are simply announcing what they absolutely know without a doubt they can do.

Better to promise one thing and add to it then to promise something and remove things. We really just don't know if this is all that will be there or if there are situations where things can be added.

Or put a cap on the number of tickets they sell, regardless of the price.
That is the way it used to be for late night events, in the early 2000s you would pay $20 extra for evening extra magic hours , you got a wrist band and only 5-10,000 max were let in, you had to be a resort guest. They were open till 1 or 2 am.

It is very possible they are planning for best case scenario of being able to do more stuff but also have a plan B and C and D contingency and they are simply announcing what they absolutely know without a doubt they can do.

Better to promise one thing and add to it then to promise something and remove things. We really just don't know if this is all that will be there or if there are situations where things can be added.

What do you mean? The only ones preventing them from running MNSSHP in its entirety is Disney. They chose to run a watered down option. Florida is one of the most lax states in the nation and if Disney wanted fireworks or a parade, the state wasnt stopping them.

What do you mean? The only ones preventing them from running MNSSHP in its entirety is Disney. They chose to run a watered down option. Florida is one of the most lax states in the nation and if Disney wanted fireworks or a parade, the state wasnt stopping them.
Sure, Disney COULD, but the optics would be terrible if there was an outbreak linked with the parks. They’d have to shut down again to save face which would be unbelievably costly.

Chances it happens outdoors with parades and fireworks? Yeah I agree, pretty low. I still understand why it’s not a chance they’re willing to take. I also get why they don’t want to spend the money right now after the year they had with just unbelievable loss. Luckily it’s not a party, it’s an After Hours, so what is expected is different.

Why I think Walt Disney World is doing with the Mickey's Not-So Scary Halloween Party and renaming it Boo Bash is a way to make guests pay more money for Halloween related activities such as Halloween cookie decorating and pumpkin carving. I also think what causes people to go to Halloween at Walt Disney World is the fact that children LOVE going trick-or treating and I can bet with this new change they will make people pay for it as well. And why bother having it last until midnight when Halloween activities end at 8PM when children are very tired and the parents have to take them back to the room to nap and sleep? If this new Boo Bash gets rave reviews from people it will be a new Halloween tradition that will last a while. But when Halloween parades character meet and greets and Halloween shows return it will be much better

This is oversimplified, and the reasons why will probably result in points for a political discussion. Disney is being responsibly cautious and following health guidelines, NOT state guidelines.

There could be another event happening later this year that's taking up resources that would normally go to MNSSHP.

There could be another event happening later this year that's taking up resources that would normally go to MNSSHP.

I think it's just belt tightening. They don't really have to save for post-Boo Bash, Disney's new fiscal year starts Oct. 1 and they get to start with a clean slate. The parks were still hemorrhaging money for the 1st half of FY21 and are going to keep the budgets tight for the 2nd half to balance the scales for the annual report. The bonus schedule is based on the balance sheet, not customer satisfaction. But I do believe we'll see a lot more spending this Fall with the next fiscal year and the 50th kicking off as they'll want to invest to maintain momentum for a strong FY22. But that doesn't mean everyone gets to have it the way they are used to. Some here keep complaining and threatening to vote with their wallet, but they're right here on Disboards talking WDW...if they weren't going back, they wouldn't be here. I do not expect anything more than Disney promised for the Boo Bash or what they are offering right now in the parks but I know we are looking forward to our August trip even if the motto is, "shut up and take my money".

Last edited:
Oh my gosh. I just don’t get why people don’t understand the difference between an after hours event & a full blown party. The parties have extras, like parades, fireworks & meet & greets. After hours events, which Disney has had for about 5 years now, are ride focused with short wait times the prime draw & limited snacks included. Neither one has ever had cookie decorating or pumpkin carving.

This is clearly advertised as an after hours event, not a party. They are throwing in a theme & candy is replacing popcorn & ice cream. It doesn’t mean they won’t bring back parties in the future. Holiday parties are extremely popular & they can sell way more tickets for them. I have no doubt they’ll be back next year. Disney can make a lot of money offering both parties & after hours events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter