Moana - Journey of Water AP Previews in Sept/Oct

WAstateDVCDaddy

DIS Veteran
Being reported by the local NBC affiliate, Journey of Water is due to open for AP holders the week of 9/24.

We’re visiting on 9/23-10/1 - I’m really tempted to upgrade our 6 day passes to APs. Sucks that we’re only resale DVC - hard to justify buying full APs since we don’t know if we’ll get back to WDW within the next year - but maybe this is the tipping point.

https://www.wesh.com/article/disney-passholders-moana-journey-of-water/45036968#

Just saw the DVC preview dates and I’ll actually be there! I’m wondering if there’s anyone out there who’s been through and can tell me about how long it takes. I know it’s self paced, so just a rough estimate.

I’m having the same dilemma. We’ll be there 10/2-10/7. If I hadn’t been in January this year already, I might do it. But I wasn’t planning on going back until probably next fall/winter after this trip.

Have both DVC and annual pass but my trip ends 9/18 so will miss the preview.

Returning in December for the holidays… will look forward to seeing it then.

Being reported by the local NBC affiliate, Journey of Water is due to open for AP holders the week of 9/24.

We’re visiting on 9/23-10/1 - I’m really tempted to upgrade our 6 day passes to APs. Sucks that we’re only resale DVC - hard to justify buying full APs since we don’t know if we’ll get back to WDW within the next year - but maybe this is the tipping point.

https://www.wesh.com/article/disney-passholders-moana-journey-of-water/45036968#
MDE sent out a push notification to AP holders. Same dates as DVC. No reservation needed.

MDE sent out a push notification to AP holders. Same dates as DVC. No reservation needed.
That’s good to know. Guess I’ll try my luck with presenting my DVC membership card and hope they don’t limit it to Y members only. Would really like to be able to see the new area, but definitely not worth $1k to do so.

Yes, I got MDE push notification, too. I received an email from DVC earlier today that the DVC preview was going to be 9/24 - 9/29 and 10/1-10/4. I was hoping that AP previews would be a little later when I'm there, but MDE app just had an update in The Passholder Buzz saying that AP previews will be the same dates. Oh well; I'll catch it next time.

For these previews, you have to have a park reservation for EPCOT. Registration is not required, but no park hopping to EPCOT if you're starting with a theme park reservation somewhere else.

We have EPCOT reservations on 9/25 and 9/28. Hopefully we’ll find someone who will be willing/able to let us into the experience. I’ll completely understand if they won’t, but mid week, with school in session, hoping it won’t be too busy, and we won’t be keeping anyone else from experiencing it.

I’m traveling to WDW with a friend 9/24-9/29. I was pondering upgrading to an AP, she definitely won’t. Historically, what had been the policy/latitude re: APs bringing guests?

I’ll actually be in California in Disneyland for the first half of previews… gambling on once I get my schedule for 10/1-4 that A I have one of those days off and B park reservations are still open if not I assume by wine and dine in early November they will be

Attraction is interesting but NOT worth going to any trouble or spending any money on.
You can see it next trip, most people say ONE AND DONE. Great for a hot day.

Attraction is interesting but NOT worth going to any trouble or spending any money on.
I saw it last week from the monorail and also when they started removing walls last week was surprised at how tiny it appears. Also find it interesting that the 3 vlogs I skimmed all showed exactly the same things. Not really sure what it will be like. Interesting and great on a hot day but it seems hard to believe that it will handle too many people at the same time.

Appears a bit like the things after the figment ride that quickly create lines.

Hope I’m wrong.

I’m traveling to WDW with a friend 9/24-9/29. I was pondering upgrading to an AP, she definitely won’t. Historically, what had been the policy/latitude re: APs bringing guests?
I’m assuming it’s the same as all the other passholder previews have been - everyone entering must be an annual passholder. No guests.

Unfortunately for my family, that probably means the difference between a DD6 who is still in a Moana phase being able to see a new WDW attraction (and telling her friends about it), and a DD11 who just barely remembers liking Moana when she was a little kid, being forced to stop at something on her way to a new(er) ride she’s been hearing about.

Opportunities are not always the same the next time you get a chance to visit somewhere.

Happy for those able to go. Sadly, we arrive 3 days after the preview ends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter