Mobile Food Ordering

serendipityaey

Mouseketeer
Interested in hearing about everyone’s experience with the mobile food ordering as I haven’t seen anything. It seems like a great idea but curious how it works in practice. Have you used it and where at? Did it really save time and was it easy to pick up? How early did you order?

I use it all the time. I’ve used it at a variety of places: red rose tavern, clarabelle’s, Flo’s, Jolly Holiday, lucky fortune, bayside brews. If you have an AP, and it’s linked in the app, it automatically applies your discount.

The lines for food places at the parks are super slow! Like frustratingly slow. Each location has a special window for mobile order pick ups. On the app, you’ll choose a return time that works for you. When you are near the restaurant, you click “I’m here prepare my order”. Then it will tell you when it’s ready.

Yes it saves time! The majority of the time when I pick up my food, the regular line is very long, and I bypass all of it.

Downside: you can’t use gift cards for mobile ordering. Only debit and credit cards. Also people who use DVC points can’t use them on mobile ordering, only in the regular line.

We used it several times on our trip two weeks ago. We had a group of 8, 4 kids, and it takes us ages to order. So we'd find a shady table and sit down then I would pull the app, have everyone order, then hit submit. The app tells you when your food is ready to get picked. The only downside was we could not figure out how to order cups of ice water so I would do that in person when I picked up the food.

We used it at Jolly Holiday, Red Rose and for Dole Whips which is the easiest thing ever. Takes one minute and you waltz right up the window to pick up your Dole Whips. Easy peasy!

I've used it at Bengal BBQ and Red Rose Tavern and it worked fine at both locations. As others have said, you place your order and then tap on the "I'm here" link when you get to the venue. They'll prep your food at that point and then you pick it up at the window/counter for Mobile Ordering. It doesn't mean that your food will be ready the moment you arrive, but it does reduce the wait time (no waiting to place the order!). You'll need to link your AP to your account to get the AP discount and you'll need to have a valid credit card associated with your account as well.

The only drawback (that I've found) is that it doesn't work well at all places or in places where you are hoping to highly customize your order. For example, at Jolly Holiday we like to order an entree plus several of the desserts. The dessert options on the mobile order menu was very limited (almost none of the seasonal desserts were available via the app even though they were available in the cases), so we would have still had to stand in line to order dessert. We didn't do mobile ordering there because it wouldn't have really saved us any time. If we had only wanted an entree or only the standard desserts, it would have been fine.

We love mobile order. We set up the order for the timeframe we want, then about 5 mins before we will want the food, we hit the "We are here" button and it is ready shortly after that.

How far in advance can you place the order?

I really want to try this on our next trip.

How far in advance can you place the order?

It looks like it depends on how busy the venue is. For most places the first time window is "Now to <30 minutes later>", but for very popular places, the first available time window might be further out. It looks like it goes for several hours (you might actually be able to pick any of the windows until the venue closes), so you could place your order well in advance.

It looks like it depends on how busy the venue is. For most places the first time window is "Now to <30 minutes later>", but for very popular places, the first available time window might be further out. It looks like it goes for several hours (you might actually be able to pick any of the windows until the venue closes), so you could place your order well in advance.

Thank you!

We love some of the QS locations, but the line to order is forever long, so this should be great!

Just note that it's only available at select locations: Bengal Barbecue, Galactic Grill, Gibon Girl Ice Cream Parlor, Harbour Galley, Hungry Bear Restaurant, Jolly Holiday, Red Rose Taverne, Tiki Juice Bar, Award Wiener, Bayside Brews, Clarabelle's Hand Scooped Ice Creak, Cocina Cucamonga, Corn Dog Castle, Flo's V8, Lucky Fortune, Pacific Wharf, Paradise Garden Grill, and Smokejumpers.

The major/popular ones that I can think of that are not included are Plaza Inn, Alien's Pizza Planet, French Market, Cozy Cones, Schmoozies, Corn Dog Wagon, Rancho del Zocalo, anything in Toontown, and anything in Pixar Pier. Other, like Jolly Holiday, might not have their full menu available. And I've found that you cannot substitue ice cream flavors in the sundaes at Gibson Girl and Clarabelle's.

That's a bummer. I must have not read the finer details. Thanks for sharing.

I have been stocking up on gift cards to use in the parks for all manner of things...might need to change up my strategy.
I have this issue to. I have a gift card left overs. I can’t remember why I have it. I think I planned to buy tickets and used LMT instead.

Question: can you get the Disney visa rewards discount on mobile order?

Has anyone tried with food allergies tried mobile ordering ? At one time I saw allergy options on the app menus but wasn’t able to find them last time I checked.

We've used it at Jolly Holiday and Bengal BBQ; best thing ever! Ordering is easy and its nice not having to wait in line. For Jolly Holiday though, you might want to glance at the desserts in the cases if you haven't been.

Has anyone tried with food allergies tried mobile ordering ? At one time I saw allergy options on the app menus but wasn’t able to find them last time I checked.

I only looked at Jolly Holiday and Flo's today (because I wanted to see if I could order the pumpkin pie shake omg.... :rolleyes:) and they had plenty of GF, dairy free, egg free etc options. Pull it up on your app and check for yourself, but I was pretty impressed.

Jolly Holiday also has all the special holiday options at the very top of the ordering menu.

Jolly Holiday also has all the special holiday options at the very top of the ordering menu.

This is inconsistent. I’ve ordered from JH a few times when special desserts were listed (the “UP” eclair, seasonal macarons, etc.), but other times they aren’t. Last week, they barely had anything listed at all; it was just a chocolate chip cookie and one other thing under desserts!

Overall, I love mobile ordering but with they’d allow for some customization. There are several kids meals that come with those Danimals yogurt drink things that my daughter won’t drink; in person we can sub something else. On mobile order, no dice. We use it all the time, though!

I only looked at Jolly Holiday and Flo's today (because I wanted to see if I could order the pumpkin pie shake omg.... :rolleyes:) and they had plenty of GF, dairy free, egg free etc options. Pull it up on your app and check for yourself, but I was pretty impressed.

Thanks! I'll check the app again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter