Mobile ordering time limit

martin33

Mouseketeer
Good morning,

tried to fin the answer to this but no luck. What is the cut off for mobile ordering for an ADR? I had the misfortune of trying to do the mobile order a couple hours before our BOG ADR and it wouldn't work, so I ended up waiting in the regular order line about 40min. Is there a cut off ?

Cheers
Martin

Good morning,

tried to fin the answer to this but no luck. What is the cut off for mobile ordering for an ADR? I had the misfortune of trying to do the mobile order a couple hours before our BOG ADR and it wouldn't work, so I ended up waiting in the regular order line about 40min. Is there a cut off ?

Cheers
Martin

BoG is NOT a mobile order, it is a pre-order that has to be done through MDE. I'm not sure when they cut it off, but I thought you could pre-order on day of.

Ok - come to think of it now that you point that out I have just assumed mobile order was synonymous with pre order in that you had to use a device to pre order. I did mean pre order - but is there a difference? I was on my mobile phone phone ordering lunch mid morning on same day as the ADR. (last March) and it wouldn't let me. So was it that BOG never lets you pre order by mobile device no matter when you do it,, or did I exceed a time deadline for the order by ordering too close to the ADR? We are back again this March so just want to make sure I'm doing all this right. Thanks again

Cheers
Martin

I'm not aware of a time limit. Last October, we used the mobile ordering a few hours before we walked over to pick up our food and had no issues.

We have pre-ordered for BoG less than 30 minutes prior to our arrival time in the past. There is no cut-off. There was apparently a glitch with the app (which unfortunately happen more than they should) that would not allow you to pre-order on that day.

Ok - come to think of it now that you point that out I have just assumed mobile order was synonymous with pre order in that you had to use a device to pre order. I did mean pre order - but is there a difference? I was on my mobile phone phone ordering lunch mid morning on same day as the ADR. (last March) and it wouldn't let me. So was it that BOG never lets you pre order by mobile device no matter when you do it,, or did I exceed a time deadline for the order by ordering too close to the ADR? We are back again this March so just want to make sure I'm doing all this right. Thanks again

Cheers
Martin
yes there is a difference
They are similar but the process to do them are totally different
There is no time limit for mobile orders.
No idea about BOG. We rarely go

Cheers
Martin

Were you going through your ADR at BoG to pre-order or were you going through the mobile order app that is there for all the other QS restaurants now doing this? If you were going through your ADR, then I agree with DisBuckMan that it was probably a glitch with MDE on your phone.

To be honest I can't remember how I did the attempted pre order (ADR vs mobile order)- it was last March and it was the only time I had tried to do any sort of order before arrival. I did a few dry runs the day before so it (ADR vs mobile- unsure)was working for me when I tried it as a test. Will familiarize myself with both options moving forward. And from your answers above it sounds like I can do a pre order right up to the reservation time if pre orders are allowed for any given restaurant.

Thanks everyone for your insight,

Martin

Just found this - seems like "order ahead" is only available exclusively for BOG

Dining Reservations – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.

Can I order my food using the My Disney Experience app or your website?

A.

Yes. There are 2 different ways to order some meals in advance at Walt Disney World Resort—you can use Mobile Food and Beverage Ordering on the My Disney Experience app at select quick-service restaurants or use Order Ahead on our website for breakfast and lunch at Be Our Guest Restaurant.

Mobile Food and Beverage Ordering

You can avoid the line to order and pay at select quick-service restaurants by using the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device. Guests can also use their Disney dining plan to make a mobile order purchase. Learn more about Mobile Food and Beverage Ordering—including a list of participating locations.

Order Ahead

You can order ahead for breakfast or lunch—but not dinner—on disneyworld.com if you have a reservation for Be Our Guest Restaurant—up to 30 days in advance!

To make your meal selection, go to the My Reservations page. Starting 30 days before your reservation date, a link will appear next to your reservation. Select the link to view and choose food and beverages from the breakfast or lunch menu, then submit your order. You don’t have to pay until you arrive at the restaurant!

The amount shown on your advance order does not include tax or gratuity. For your convenience, you can pay using your credit or debit card, Disney Gift Card or cash—and with Order Ahead, you can also use your dining plan meals.

Be Our Guest Restaurant is very popular, so please be sure to make a reservation as soon as possible.

Yes, Order Ahead is only at BOG.
There is no reason whatsoever to not go on and preorder as soon as you can. You are never locked in to that order, you can change it when you arrive at the restaurant if you want, or leave it, whichever.

As far as I know, you can only pre-order BOG in one method, using the link from the My Reservations page on MDE.

You might as well put an order in early--I mean before you are at MK, so you don't have to think about it. Once you are sent to the CM to pay, they will ask if you want to make changes, and you can at that point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter