Mom & Son Take on The Land (with Dad)! Food Pic Laden Report - Completed 8/16

Our next day, Tuesday the 27th ended up being way more laid back than we had planned. DH got home late from the game so we decided not to go to DL at 7am for the early morning. Instead we heading back over to DCA about 9:15 and got in line for the TSMM rope drop. We all made it onto the ride this time! Again, one of our favorites.

After riding, we wandered back to DL as we had an 11:30 reservation at Blue Bayou. We checked in just after 11 and were seated just before 11:30 at a waterside table. As much as I loved the atmosphere, we were disappointed with our meal.

DS and I shared the Monte Cristo

img_1368.jpg

DH had the chicken

img_1369.jpg

I thought the Monte Cristo was very greasy. I only ate a quarter and DS only two. I did enjoy the potatos and veggies though. And I thought DH's chicken was very good. Overall though, I don't think I would go back.

After lunch we went to the HM ... loved these -

img_1371.jpg

img_1372.jpg

img_1373.jpg

img_1374.jpg

For some reason, DH went back to the room. I cannot remember why. I am guessing to bring back stuff we bought but I really cannot remember. DS and I waited for him at the entrance of DCA. Since DS didn't really eat much lunch, he had some ice cream

img_1375.jpg

img_1377.jpg

Then off to Grizzly River. I didn't really want to get wet plus I had all of the stuff including the prized fedora so I stayed off ...

img_1382.jpg

img_1383.jpg

Once was enough for DH, but DS ran back thru the single rider line!

img_1385.jpg

This ended up being his favorite ride, especially at night.

After the ride, I needed a snack ... we were close by so we stopped in at Whitewater Snacks for some nachos and a Mickey pretzel. Very tasty and a nice relaxing break

img_1388.jpg

img_1389.jpg

We were then off to stake out a bench for the Pixar Play Parade ...

While waiting we saw these guys -

img_1390.jpg

And DS got yet another snack ... fish and chips

img_1391.jpg

Time for the parade! I have to say this is one of my favorite parades! I love all of the Pixar characters so this was perfect for me. DS took the photos while I took video -

img_1393.jpg

img_1396.jpg

img_1397.jpg

img_1399.jpg

img_1402.jpg

img_1403.jpg

img_1405.jpg

img_1412.jpg

img_1413.jpg

img_1414.jpg

img_1415.jpg

Continued ...

img_1419.jpg

img_1420.jpg

img_1421.jpg

img_1422.jpg

img_1423.jpg

img_1424.jpg

img_1425.jpg

img_1426.jpg

img_1427.jpg

img_1428.jpg

img_1429.jpg

We definitely got wet but once the surprise of that wore off, we really enjoyed this parade. We were able to catch it again later in the week while eating our WoC picnics so we stayed dry!

I am not sure what we did after the Parade ... I am thinking Muppetvision and probably Monsters, Inc. May have spent some more time in the Animation Building as well.

Dinner tonight was supposed to be at Napa Rose. We decided to cancel as none of use felt like going back to the room to get dressed. And the food had been somewhat of a disappoint to us ... not bad, just not spectacular. Now I am sure Napa Rose may have been spectacular but we just didn't want to spend that much money to walk away going 'eh, it was ok'. I thought I would regret our decision but I still haven't so I think I'm good! :)

Instead we ended up at Tortilla Joes. I am sorry the pics are dark ... with the flash was much worse!

Loved the balloon guy -

img_1432.jpg

DH had sangria and I a peach margarita (which was VERY tasty!)

img_1431.jpg

We started with Jo’s Favorites (A large platter with beef or chicken flautas, tequila-BBQ ribs, spicy mango-mustard shrimp and a carnitas tostada)

img_1435.jpg

Everything here was pretty tasty ... especially the tostada!

For my meal I had Nachos with shredded beef

img_1439.jpg

There were delicious but waaaaaaaaaaay too much food. I didn't even put a dent in the plate. Loved every messy bite though!

DS had the Tortilla Soup (Made fresh daily with chicken broth, tender chicken
and garden-fresh vegetables. Topped with tortilla strips and queso fresco)

img_1441.jpg

And an ala carte enchilada and something else. The picture came out way too dark.

DH had an ala carte enchilada and tamale

img_1438.jpg

We all enjoyed our meal here. Granted, not Napa Rose but it worked for us.

Tomorrow our non-Disney day trip to Hollywood & Santa Monica Pier!

Agreed, I could have spent hours there!

You have never seen Crush! Oh my gosh, we go every trip to WDW at least once. I just love him.

Didn't know about the 4 leaf clover. Bummer.

Those paint tubes were the only ones we saw. Where were the others? :confused3

We saw them up past the Farmer's Market & heading up around the bridge to Ariel's Grotto/Paradise Pier.

Isn't the Aladdin show fantastic?! I'm really disappointed because we didn't make it to it this trip...sure hope it sticks around....otherwise I'll be kicking myself!!

Love the House of Blues....we should have gone back instead of doing the Rainforest Cafe....the food would have been better & the prices would have been WAY better!!

I was so glad I got the opportunity to meet you....just wish we could have spent some time together in the parks.....think we would have had fun!!

The Blue Bayou seems to be hit & miss on quality & service. It's pretty spendy & to not be satisfied stings a bit!! I have always found the Monte Cristo to be very good at the Cafe Orleans. They are rich & we always share this meal. No way anyone could eat the whole thing.....woof....that would make for one big gut ache!!

Love the pics from the parade....yet another thing we didn't get to this trip. Heavy sigh....so many things missed......

Can't wait to see more!!

The food all looks so good and is making me hungry. I love all the Pixar characters. White Water Snacks is one of my favorite places to eat. What is it about boys our sons ages and fedoras? Mine got one too.

The Pixar Play Parade is adorable! I'd love to see it someday.

I absolutely loved it! We saw it twice and I video'd it. Already watched parts of it at home! :goodvibes

Isn't the Aladdin show fantastic?! I'm really disappointed because we didn't make it to it this trip...sure hope it sticks around....otherwise I'll be kicking myself!!

Love the House of Blues....we should have gone back instead of doing the Rainforest Cafe....the food would have been better & the prices would have been WAY better!!

I was so glad I got the opportunity to meet you....just wish we could have spent some time together in the parks.....think we would have had fun!!

The Blue Bayou seems to be hit & miss on quality & service. It's pretty spendy & to not be satisfied stings a bit!! I have always found the Monte Cristo to be very good at the Cafe Orleans. They are rich & we always share this meal. No way anyone could eat the whole thing.....woof....that would make for one big gut ache!!

Love the pics from the parade....yet another thing we didn't get to this trip. Heavy sigh....so many things missed......

Can't wait to see more!!

Yes, Aladdin was really terrific. I love the Lion King in WDW but this was even a step up from that.

We didn't have the Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans because we knew we were going to have it at Blue Bayou. In retrospect, I wish I had tried one there. Oh well, what can you do? As you said, you can't see/do/eat it all!

The food all looks so good and is making me hungry. I love all the Pixar characters. White Water Snacks is one of my favorite places to eat. What is it about boys our sons ages and fedoras? Mine got one too.

No idea. I didn't even realized he wanted one until we were there. Now I see several of his friends with them as well. Interesting that it seems to be an all over the country phase/fad!

Wednesday, July 28th was a non-Disney day for us. We had breakfast scheduled for Storytellers but cancelled the night before as we just wanted to sleep in a bit. We rented a car from Alamo and headed up to Hollywood!

As much as I envy the California weather, I do not like the traffic! Oh my! GPS told us the trip should have taken 27 minutes and it took an hour and a half! :scared1:

But we ultimately made it to the Walk of Fame! I took pics of the Disney related stars that we saw -

img_1443.jpg

img_1444.jpg

img_1445.jpg

img_1446.jpg

img_1454.jpg

img_1455.jpg

img_1458.jpg

img_1464.jpg

img_1466.jpg

img_1468.jpg

And Donald's "feet"

img_1462.jpg

And of course we had lunch at

img_1465.jpg

img_1448.jpg

img_1447.jpg

img_1450.jpg

DS had chicken & dumplings in a bread bowl

img_1451.jpg

DH had chili in a bread bowl

img_1452.jpg

I had a tuna sandwich. Why I am not really sure but it was darn tasty!

img_1453.jpg

I didn't know this store/restaurant even existed so I was very happy!

From there we went up to the Griffith Observatory ... very steep winding road up but what a reward when we got there! Beautiful!

img_1472.jpg

img_1473.jpg

img_1474.jpg

img_1475.jpg

img_1476.jpg

Then we were off to the infamous Pinks! I didn't expect it to be as "divey" as it was! We waited in line close to an hour!

img_1477.jpg

img_1479.jpg

img_1480.jpg

DELICIOUS! Especially the fries! But oh so messy!

From there we went to the Santa Monica Pier -

img_1481.jpg

img_1482.jpg

img_1484.jpg

img_1485.jpg

img_1486.jpg

On our way home, we had to find an In And Out Burger. With the traffic, I don't think we found one til well after 8! But we did end up finally finding one ...

img_1489.jpg

For me, it just didn't live up to the hype. It was good, but not what I expected. And I think Pink's fries spoiled us!

All in all a very busy but very fun day. Tomorrow it is back to DL for early morning hour!

We should of followed along with you.....our Hollywood day was on Saturday & we did a ton of the same things.....lol We started at Krispy Kreme, drove by Pink's just to get pics, drove to Burbank to get pics of the Walt Disney Studios, ate lunch at Bob's Big Boy, drove back to Hollywood to get pics on the Walk of Fame, the Kodak, Mann's & have ice cream at the Soda Fountain. We're both so touristy.....lol :rotfl2: We've never been up to Observatory but really do need to make this a must do. Quite a view from up there!! Did you have ice cream at the soda fountain or just lunch?? The food looked very good!! The sundae's were divine!!

Can't wait to read & see more!!

Just lunch. It was probably 11am. We knew we were ultimately heading to Pinks and didn't want to get too full!

Oh my!! The food from Pink's look extraordinary. Yummo!! Scotty loves hotdogs!!

Thanks for sharing this great trip report with all the wonderful photos. I love it and can't wait for more to come. Now I look even more forward to our next vacation at Disneyland, we will be there in the end of September.

Oh my!! The food from Pink's look extraordinary. Yummo!! Scotty loves hotdogs!!

You know what? The hot dogs were good, but not the greatest I have ever had. I think the attraction is all the weird combos. Heck, I had pastrami on mine! Now the fries --- oh my! They were the best I have ever had. I am glad I got to go for the experience, not sure I would stand in the long line again!

Thanks for sharing this great trip report with all the wonderful photos. I love it and can't wait for more to come. Now I look even more forward to our next vacation at Disneyland, we will be there in the end of September.

Thank you for the kind words! Enjoy your trip!

Thursday, July 29th we were up early & made it to DL about 7:15. I wanted to take some pics so I told DH & DS to go on ahead and ride the Matterhorn (DS's choice)

img_1490.jpg

img_1491.jpg

img_1492.jpg

img_1493.jpg

img_1494.jpg

img_1495.jpg

img_1496.jpg

img_1497.jpg

img_1498.jpg

img_1500.jpg

img_1501.jpg

img_1502.jpg

img_1503.jpg

img_1504.jpg

We met up at the Matterhorn and went over to Buzz. This is truly one of my favorite rides. We rode it 5 or 6 times before they had enough and told me we had to move on! ;)

img_1505.jpg

img_1506.jpg

img_1509.jpg

img_1510.jpg

Sadly we passed this -

img_1511.jpg

On to the teacups for the boys ... no spinning for me!

img_1513.jpg

img_1514.jpg

We next headed up to It's a Small World which is definitely a favorite of mine. Absolutely love the addition of the characters in the ride!

img_1515.jpg

img_1516.jpg

img_1517.jpg

img_1518.jpg

img_1519.jpg

img_1523.jpg

img_1524.jpg

img_1525.jpg

img_1528.jpg

img_1529.jpg

img_1531.jpg

img_1539.jpg

img_1540.jpg

Next we were off to breakfast with Minnie & friends!

I think Minnie's is probably my favorite character breakfast of all that I have been to including WDW. I didn't take any pictures of the food or buffet though. We had a blast with the characters -

img_1542.jpg

img_1543.jpg

img_1544.jpg

img_1545.jpg

img_1546.jpg

img_1547.jpg

img_1548.jpg

img_1550.jpg

img_1551.jpg

img_1552.jpg

img_1553.jpg

img_1554.jpg

img_1556.jpg

img_1558.jpg

img_1559.jpg

I made an autograph book so each character had a page. Captain Hook looked thru to find the villians. Baloo wrote a note that he never had his own page before. Max loved the one of Goofy. Somehow I messed up and didn't make a page for Rafiki ... boy was he unhappy with me! It was so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter