money no option...

noodle

Earning My Ears
Where would you eat if money were not a limiting factor. Besides of course V&A?

Originally posted by noodle
Where would you eat if money were not a limiting factor. Besides of course V&A?

We have spent close to the cost of a meal at V&A (alcohol, appetizers, main course and dessert) at other fine(r) WDW restaurants such as Yachtsman Steakhouse, Flying Fish, and Artist Point. We like all those, in the order listed, better than V&A:)
We pretty much eat where we want every trip, with mandatory visits to Yachtsman and FF.

Citricos
Shulas
Fultons Crab House
Yachtsman Steak House

We have ps for all these restaurants during our October trip.

JIKO at AKL

or

California Grille, the food and view are out of this world!

Scratch
:smooth:

The same places I usally eat at. :) I'm not the type to eat someplace fancy just because i can afford it. Besides what if I don't like it? :(
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I think atmosphere is the most that we look for when dining at Disney. We love the Trails End. We can get good food at home, but the atmosphere that is Disney, we can't get at home. We also enjoy the restaurants with a view of the Disney happenings, like Calif. Grille, etc.

We did V&A and liked it, but there are many other places I love and we can visit two or three for the same price as one visit to V&A. Our favorites are California Grill, Narcoosees, and Artist Point. Those are the places we keep going back to. There are great meals to be had at many places, but those I can also find at home. I love having an extra Disney touch, like a view of something special, to add to the experience.

Narcoosees
Citricos
Coral Reef

Narcoosees is our favorite by far. Our bill in 2000 came to $170.61 which included a lobster appetizer, Oysters, Filet and Lobster for DH and myself, Tiramisu for DH and Chocolate Mousse for myself and Vanilla Ice Cream for the kids and coffee. Expensive? Yes, but worth every penny!

Coral Reef bill came to $125.18 and included 1 Rock Shrimp appetizer, 1 soup, 1 Filet, 1 Maine Lobster, 1 Lg. Bottle of Vitel (water), 1 Chocolate Wave, and 1 Millenium dessert.

I lost the receipt for Citricos but I recall it being around $225, but that also included meals for the kids.

Just my 2 cents!

Hoping everyone has a "magical" day!:wave:

Wolfgang Puck's upstairs dining in DTD West Side.
California Grill
Artist Point

I would have to say the same places we always eat also:

Jiko, Artist Point, Lunching Pad, Tusker House, Chefs de France,
Alfredo's, San Angel Inn

When my partner and I go, we never let money be a deterrent from dining where we like. That being the case, we always eat at Portobellos and Fultons. Otherwise, we eat where our appetites lead us.

Wolfgang Puck- the Dining Room in DTD. The food is amazing!!
California Grill
Jiko

I have been looking, going on almost two years now, for a review of Puck's Upstairs at DTD with no luck. CRSNDSNY and KJo719, would you be able to give more details about your good experiences there?

What did you have? Quality of service? Quality of food compared to other WDW restaurants?

Thanks!

Originally posted by ghidorah97
I have been looking, going on almost two years now, for a review of Puck's Upstairs at DTD with no luck. CRSNDSNY and KJo719, would you be able to give more details about your good experiences there?

What did you have? Quality of service? Quality of food compared to other WDW restaurants?

Thanks!

We went on a Friday evening this past January. The atmosphere is dim lighting, romantic and upscale modern decor -- possibly art deco. A lot of black and jewel-toned colors. When we arrived, we sat at the bar until our table was ready. DH had a beer, I had a club soda. Soon after getting our drinks, we were seated at a small table next to a window overlooking the lake -- in fact, during dinner we witnessed a couple stroll along lakeside, stop and kiss. It was so romantic!

We each had salads (with fresh leaf lettuce) to start. DH had a Chilean Sea Bass with steamed veggies and cous cous. Being a vegetarian, I had concerns (as I usually do) about what would be on the menu for me. The menu was quite varied, but nothing struck me. I spoke with the waiter, told him what I liked, what I didn't like and he spoke with the chef who was happy to 'create' something for me. I ended up with a platter of various steamed and grilled vegetables including some of the tastiest portabello I've ever eaten. My dinner also came with cous cous. I was so happy to not see a plate of pasta in front of my face -- vegetarians get sick of eating pasta veggie dishes. We also enjoyed champagne with dinner. DH skipped dessert but I had creme brulee. Now, I've eaten creme brulee in a lot of places, but this was hands-down the richest, smoothest, sweetest creme brulee I've ever had in my life.

Overall, we were both very happy with our meals. The place was very clean. The service was great. We had a younger gentleman wait our table and he was very prompt with refilling our water, as well as making sure we were content and enjoying our meal. The dinner was also well-paced. I don't like being rushed from one dish to the next. I believe our bill without tip came to around $70/$80.

We would definitely go there again. The only picture I have of this dining experience:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/60789925/60792471DaNDMJ

I hope this helps!
GOOD LUCK!

Ghidorah,
The atmosphere at Wolfgang Puck is pretty much as CRSNDSNY said. It's very romantic and the evening that we were there it was very quiet. We were there on a Fri. night this past July and our reservations were for either 6:00 or 6:30. When we were leaving it was starting to get more crowded.
For appetizers, my husband had shrimp wrapped in bacon in an apricot sauce- very good. I had a crabcake which was the best crabcake I have ever had- it was all crabmeat. For our entrees, my husband had filet and a lobster tail and I had a pasta dish with scallops. Both were very good- the lobster tail was huge- it could have been a meal itself. For dessert they brought us the creme brulee (it was our honeymoon, so we didn't even order it, they just brought it to us!) The creme brulee was outstanding.
The service was fantastic. We had 2 waiters wait our table and as soon as we needed something it was there. We were not rushed at all. I'm not sure exactly what our bill was, we were on the gold plan, so we only had to pay for the alcohol. But I think with tip and alcohol it would have come to about $250 (but we had a very expensive bottle of wine). Since it was our honeymoon we ate at many sit down restaurants during our trip and Wolfgang Puck was by far the best one that we ate at. Hope this helps!

Our new fave is yachtsman!! It was wonderful! We had the filet and the beef tips both medium!

Thanks CRSNDSNY and KJo! Both of your reviews sound fantastic...we will definitely give Pucks a try for our next trip.

:D

They have a great food and wine pairing meal. It is on the menu. If I remember, it was six courses, all foods from the menu, each with a glass of wine.

They also have a special food/ wine pairing. About a week before your ressie, you call the chef and tell your likes and dislikes. He prepares food especially for your meal, definately not on the menu (e.g. cooked sushi). It was great, and fits the topic of this thread. Two years ago it was about $140 per person.

Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter