• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monorail DVC Resort

Where would you most like to see a Monorail DVC

• Contemporary Resort

• Polynesian Resort

• Grand Floridian Resort

• An all new exclusive DVC resort on the monorail

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anything but the GF. I've been on the monorail too many times totally full before we pulled into that station to pick up people.

I voted for the CR. I love being able to walk back from the MK after the fireworks and not deal with the crowded busses and monorail! But you still have the convenience of being on the monorail to visit the other monorail resorts and to travel to Epcot. Plus the bonus of a boat to WL/FW.

Exactly. Walking to MK is just the highest priority for us. If GF or POLY were located where CR is-we would vote for them. We travel during busy seasons so minimizing any waiting for transportation is first priority.

In the earlier brainstorming sessions, the idea was floated about a new resort on the monorail with a Future's Past (Buck Rogers) theming. The idea of what futuristic looked like in the 1930's-1950's would accompany the monorail fantastically! I would love this idea, and it keeps with Disney's perpetual theme of making the DVC resorts based on ideas from the late 19th century through the mid 20th century.

But Poly would be my first choice, followed by a new DVC resort. I would love to see a castle/fantasyland themed resort near the MK! But I bet they wouldn't do anything that would overshadow Cinderella's castle, so that's probably just a pipe dream.

I like the idea of an "exclusive" DVC resort on the monorail. Gated and available only to members and guests staying there at the time. No hopping to it. Double the points required for other DVC resorts. I don't think DVC would be willing to take the risk, but I bet it would sell out.
I don't ever see WDW building an "exclusive" DVC Resort on the Monorail line that is gated to members and guests staying there for a few resons. WDW encourages all guests to visit every Resort on property which includes the current DVC Resorts, so that would go against what they tell others to do. Plus having a Resort that is gated does not seem like a WDW thing to do and finally if it's on the Magic Kingdom Resort Monorail line, what would not stop non DVC members from getting off the Monorail to take a look around?

dwelty....my guess is that the desire for CRV is a little stronger than you imagined? Among the GF, CRV and Poly only, it is getting about 37% of the votes at this time.

I must say that I'm a bit surprised by that. :)

dwelty....my guess is that the desire for CRV is a little stronger than you imagined? Among the GF, CRV and Poly only, it is getting about 37% of the votes at this time.

I must say that I'm a bit surprised by that. :)

The vote is probably impacted to some degree by the fact that CR is the most "real" of the options. We've all seen the concept artwork and photos of construction at the old North Garden Wing site.

Of course it could be a 2-way street. I wonder how many people are turned-off to the CR based upon a dislike of the concept itself?

The vote is probably impacted to some degree by the fact that CR is the most "real" of the options. We've all seen the concept artwork and photos of construction at the old North Garden Wing site.

Of course it could be a 2-way street. I wonder how many people are turned-off to the CR based upon a dislike of the concept itself?

Good points. And of course, the survey is not scientific yadda, yadda.

Still, I was with Dwelty in thinking that given the option of a monorail resort among the existing ones, CRV would be in last place. No particular reason other than a gut feeling, that apparently was misplaced. :confused3

Still, I was with Dwelty in thinking that given the option of a monorail resort among the existing ones, CRV would be in last place. No particular reason other than a gut feeling, that apparently was misplaced. :confused3

with CR you can walk to the MK.

the GF you will never be able to walk to the MK. the lagoon where the EWP is kept will pretend that from happening.

the Polyn you can walk over to TTC so it has multiply ways to get to the MK too.

GF only has the monrail and boat (which it use to share with the Polyn)

For me, CRV would be first choice between the 3. I do not care for Poly. GF would by out of my league $$$. CR is classic Disney. And you can walk to MK from it!

I figured the Poly would be first and GF last with the other two options somewhere in the middle.

For what it's worth, I'm one that was negatively influenced by the CR designs circulating. I'm sure the rooms will look top-notch when it comes down to seeing models, but the exterior design does nothing for me. It's a functional structure, and that's about it. The CR tower is at least imaginative and unique. There's nothing unique about the look of the new building.

Given that I have no great affinity for either the Poly or GF, I went with the new resort option.

Polynesian all the way. We love the hotel, the location, taking the launch, monorail or ferry to the MK and making the short walk to the TTC for the Epcot monorail. To visit FW, I prefer the Polynesian over BCV.

We love the restaurant choices on the monorail circuit. It's fun to go to dinner at CG via monorail or Narcoosee's by launch. Or pop over to Main St for a bit of shopping.

The Polynesian seems more immersed in the magic than any other to my family. It seems a world away from the hustle and bustle of the parks and yet you can look across Seven Seas Lagoon and watch Wishes. The Electrical Water Pageant floats in front every night at 9pm just as it has since the PVR opened. Ahhh...the Polynesian.

Agree, I don't know what it is but, I feel so far away from the real world when I am there. If DVC can't add-on or take over rooms there, it would be cool to build a second poly style DVC somewhere. Monorail, lagoon, view of either spaceship Earth or the castle all needed. I am hoping AKV will have that type of feel.

Hoping for the Contempory Resort Villas!

I voted for the Poly. We have always been very big Polynesian fans and would love to see DVC be there. Also would love to be on the monorail route. Also, would love to see a new DVC resort go up on the route too. That would be very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter