• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monorail DVC Resort

Where would you most like to see a Monorail DVC

• Contemporary Resort

• Polynesian Resort

• Grand Floridian Resort

• An all new exclusive DVC resort on the monorail

Results are only viewable after voting.

dwelty

"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney
Hi everyone, I have noticed that many DVC members are anxious for a DVC property on the Monorail line. I have created a poll to find out where members would most like to see this happen:

If the monorail went to all the parks you would have a sell out. The monorail was designed too long ago. Back in the days when a handful of hotels needed to get people to the MK. Then they added EPCOT to the mix so they added the EPCOT line that requires a transfer. Disney has grown over the years but the monorail hasn't. Seems like Disney has decided that buses are the way to go. :sad2:

You forgot a choice for those of us who do not want to be on the monorail!

The monorail setup is too inefficient and costly to ever be expanded resort-wide for a property with as many stops at WDW would have. Resort-wide monorail tracks may seem like a romantic vision, but the implementation would quickly turn into a nightmare for guests. Pollution and all, busses are still far more efficient for point-to-point transportation.

To answer David's question, I went with the last option. Not so much for the "exclusivity" aspect (it could be mixed-use for all I care), but I tend to favor DVC resorts that were created that way from the start. BCV and VWL (and soon AKV) have always disappointed me in how they feel like an afterthought.

Love the way BWV was designed as cash/DVC from the start.

Of all of the DVC rumors, the one that really made my eyes light up was when there was talk of building a resort around the STOLport site on the Epcot monorail. :thumbsup2

Monorail rides are nothing special to me, so simply having a DVC on the monorail wouldn't have that much appeal. But since the Polynesian is my favorite WDW resort, I would love to see a DVC there just for the sake of being there.

snip
Of all of the DVC rumors, the one that really made my eyes light up was when there was talk of building a resort around the STOLport site on the Epcot monorail. :thumbsup2

You convinced me! I can see that too, but unless they turn GF or Poly totally over to DVC, I see no benefit in "add-ons" there. They would be too small to matter.

I like the idea of an "exclusive" DVC resort on the monorail. Gated and available only to members and guests staying there at the time. No hopping to it. Double the points required for other DVC resorts. I don't think DVC would be willing to take the risk, but I bet it would sell out.

I voted for the CR. I love being able to walk back from the MK after the fireworks and not deal with the crowded busses and monorail! But you still have the convenience of being on the monorail to visit the other monorail resorts and to travel to Epcot. Plus the bonus of a boat to WL/FW.

CRV is on our wish list; i'd settle for any monorail resort - whether existing or brand new.

of course it would be nice to be the last stop on the monorail before MK:thumbsup2

why not in the land behind the MK, with a sep. monorail linepopcorn:: jk - i can dream lol

At first I thought about the Contemporary, because I've always wanted to stay there (with an MK view!) but upon further reflection I chose the last option. Epcot is my favorite park so I would love to see a DVC resort on the Epcot monorail.

Polynesian all the way. We love the hotel, the location, taking the launch, monorail or ferry to the MK and making the short walk to the TTC for the Epcot monorail. To visit FW, I prefer the Polynesian over BCV.

We love the restaurant choices on the monorail circuit. It's fun to go to dinner at CG via monorail or Narcoosee's by launch. Or pop over to Main St for a bit of shopping.

The Polynesian seems more immersed in the magic than any other to my family. It seems a world away from the hustle and bustle of the parks and yet you can look across Seven Seas Lagoon and watch Wishes. The Electrical Water Pageant floats in front every night at 9pm just as it has since the PVR opened. Ahhh...the Polynesian.

I also voted Polynesian, although I've heard it said repeatedly that it probably can't happen, due to space limitations. It's a wonderful resort for all the reasons that BCV23 gave.

There is just something about the Poly that would result in a nice DVC. We've stayed there before and loved it. We also visited / toured the GF and found it a bit too elite for our common tastes. And we love traveling on the monorail. It's one of my DS's (11) favorite rides

We are very anxious for a DVC on the monorail line....I am not sure if this topic has been brought up but we were in Disney Last month and we were on the monorail leaving the ticket and transportation center headed for Epcot....as we pulled out I noticed a monorail line I had not seen befor running next to the line we were on....Sure enough when were on the bus leaving the Wilderness Lodge Right as we passed under the monorail I looked down to the right and saw scaffolding erected and a new monorail line was being constructed.....Not sure if this is old news but it is new to me???

I love to ride the Monorail, it is a have to for me, no matter where I am staying. I first voted for Poly, then saw GF so, I changed. :)

We are very anxious for a DVC on the monorail line....I am not sure if this topic has been brought up but we were in Disney Last month and we were on the monorail leaving the ticket and transportation center headed for Epcot....as we pulled out I noticed a monorail line I had not seen befor running next to the line we were on....Sure enough when were on the bus leaving the Wilderness Lodge Right as we passed under the monorail I looked down to the right and saw scaffolding erected and a new monorail line was being constructed.....Not sure if this is old news but it is new to me???

Could the scaffolding be just for maintenance of the current lines? There are two running between Epcot...to and from. There is also a spur off to the North where the monorails go to nap.

Its probably the spur that connects the express loop to the EPCOT loop you saw. Its a very short section, but it does cross over World Drive.

I'm with Tim. I would like an exclusive DVC resort near Epcot's monorail. I wouldn't mind the option of staying at The Poly though either!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter