MONSTER INC Box Office Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Wasn't that fun.:rolleyes:
Harry Potter was very good.
It was also very long. I have a suspicion that will hurt in the repeat viewing market. (yes going to see a movie more then once in the theater is very typical :))
Monsters Inc. had a very good 3rd week. I expect it to ride the wave all the way through the holidays. I just don't see Harry Potter stealing buisness anymoreand I doubt that LotR will have any effect on it (although it COULD hurt HP.)

Yes, that was a riot. ;)

I hope that Monsters beats Shrek. Then I hope that the next movie from Dreamworks beats Monsters. And so on and so on. Theoretically, the movies should get better and better if this happens. Hey, maybe Disney will even jump into the fray eventually. ;)

As far as longer movies not attracting as much repeat business, that didn't seem to affect Titanic. I recall that Titanic had a loyal following that went several times. I can't imagine doing that, well unless it's Star Wars. :D

Harry Potter was very good.
It was also very long. I have a suspicion that will hurt in the repeat viewing market. (yes going to see a movie more then once in the theater is very typical
We saw Harry Potter on Saturday and though I agree that it was very good, I don't think I'd want to sit thru the whole thing again. Heck, I'm not even going to bother downloading a VCD copy (which btw, is already available!). :)
Monsters Inc. had a very good 3rd week. I expect it to ride the wave all the way through the holidays. I just don't see Harry Potter stealing buisness anymoreand I doubt that LotR will have any effect on it (although it COULD hurt HP.)
Not everyone has seen Harry Potter yet, so I still see it taking business away from Monsters for the next few weeks. Dont underestimate Nickelodeon either...Jimmy Neutron should hit the theaters on Dec 21st and that will likely grab a big part of what's left of Monster's audience at that point.

This has gone on far too long & wandered away from the original post... Kindly begin a new post when you deviate from the orignal topic, since this makes it easier on your poor moderators, who read everything.

Also, I'd like to state that this site does not condone any illegal activity. Kindly do not post links here that allow it.

Thanks

Sarangel

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter