MONSTER INC Box Office Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
No results yet for Monsters Inc. this weekend so far but Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone grossed between $25-30 million dollars in its opening day alone.

gg Monsters got clobbered on Friday bringing in jut 5.4 million to potters29.65 M Today is the final tally.

Monsters Inc. grossed about $23.05 million dollars. Not bad but still not the same as Harry Potter's $93.52 million over the weekend.

NEXT UP: THANKSGIVING WEEKEND BATTLE

MikeS, I would hardly call that clobbering. $23 million for Monsters is VERY respectable for a movie's third week in release.

Monsters Inc. has made about $160 million dollars which is very good for an animated film. It is well ahead of where Shrek was at its three week point.

Disney & PIXAR still have the Thanksgiving weekend. It might do well since the huge hype for Harry Potter will have died down a bit.

Sorry, I've been out of town but...
That's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. I just don't share that viewpoint. I suppose you've never listened to an .mp3 file of a song which you didn't own on CD, never copied a piece of computer software, never copied an audio or video tape, never photocopied a page or two from a book or magazine, right?
I have done all of the above. I just never tried to justify my actions as something other than theft of intellectual property.

Monsters Inc. has made about $160 million dollars which is very good for an animated film. It is well ahead of where Shrek was at its three week point.
Monsters is at approx $156.7M after it's 3rd weekend. Shrek was at $148.4M after it's 3rd weekend. Not that far ahead at all, especially when you consider that Monsters opened WAY higher than Shrek.

Listen, johare, don't take this the wrong way, but this was my fave quote:
Anyway, with me it really doesn't hurt the studios if the movie is good...I saw Shrek at the theaters, had DVD quality VCD's since August and still bought it on DVD the day it came out. Same with Monsters...we saw it at the theater on opening day and will buy it as soon as it comes out on DVD.

For how long? Once perfection exists in the world of copying, there will be no reason to purchase the DVD. Right?

I mean who would go out and buy the Monsters Inc dvd when it comes out if they could just download a perfect copy of it right now? I will anticipate your answer to be "for all the goodies," but is that an intellectually honest answer?

You may never have gone twice, but I know (especially in the case of Disney/family films) my family and I have gone to see good movies more than once, and when we lived by a discount movie theatre, sometimes many times. I saw Herc three times with different friends and family, Lion King twice (cause our youngster prevented us from watching the whole thing ;) ), etc.

The point is that Monsters Inc. is still ahead of where Shrek is, big weekend or no big weekend. Shrek was a highly anticipated film because of the news going around that it was making fun of Disney. It grossed about $50 million in its opening weekend which was better then Disney's Atlantis the Lost Empire's $28 million opening weekend.

I still say what you is doind is theft. There must be a law against what you are doing.

For how long? Once perfection exists in the world of copying, there will be no reason to purchase the DVD. Right?
Wrong. Depends on your reasons for obtaining the copy. Near perfect DVD rips in SVCD/mpeg2 format are usually available on the internet right after (or sometimes weeks before) an official DVD release. Doesn't stop me from buying the DVD's I want.
I mean who would go out and buy the Monsters Inc dvd when it comes out if they could just download a perfect copy of it right now? I will anticipate your answer to be "for all the goodies," but is that an intellectually honest answer?
I would still buy it. I had a perfect...and I mean perfect SVCD copy of Shrek about a month before the DVD release. The copy was so good that I doubt anyone would have been able to tell that it wasn't a DVD...and I still bought the Shrek DVD the day it went on sale. The 'goodies' were nice, but were not the reason I bought it...heck, even the goodies were available for download 2 days after the DVD came out.
You may never have gone twice, but I know (especially in the case of Disney/family films) my family and I have gone to see good movies more than once
That may be true for you, but I've never gone to see the same movie twice in a theater.

The point is that Monsters Inc. is still ahead of where Shrek is, big weekend or no big weekend. Shrek was a highly anticipated film because of the news going around that it was making fun of Disney.
Grow up already. Shrek was not anticipated just because it made fun of Disney a few times. It was anticipated because it was a great movie.
I still say what you is doind is theft. There must be a law against what you are doing.
I don't remember asking for your opinion on this. I thought you were discussing 3rd weekend box office results for Shrek vs. Monsters?

I saw Shrek in the theater twice and the original Star Wars at least a dozen times. But then those were different days... :)

Originally posted by johare
I don't remember asking for your opinion on this.

May I speak master? Apparently you think we should obtain your consent before we voice our opinions? Well guess what, I think what you're doing is really quite wrong, you didn't ask me, and you can't shut me up. :rolleyes: :mad:

MickeyMoose is free to comment on whatever he WANTS to voice his opinion on, whether you like it or not.

And I've seen movies multiple times in the theater, too. :)

A partial list: Titanic, the Sixth Sense, Pearl Harbor. :D

May I speak master? Apparently you think we should obtain your consent before we voice our opinions? Well guess what, I think what you're doing is really quite wrong, you didn't ask me, and you can't shut me up
In case you didn't notice, I wasn't speaking to you either. I'm not really concerned with what you might consider 'quite wrong'.
MickeyMoose is free to comment on whatever he WANTS to voice his opinion on, whether you like it or not.
Do you always feel the need to rush to the aid of a fellow teenager.

I will speak about whatever I please. You have no right to tell me when I should not post about something. I'm really not concerned with you think about what I post, either, OK? I post about what is on my mind, and that was on my mind.

Oh of course, focus on the AGE thing. I rushed to the aid of a poster who was getting beat up on, and I would have done so had he been as old as you are. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I will speak about whatever I please. You have no right to tell me when I should not post about something. I'm really not concerned with you think about what I post, either, OK? I post about what is on my mind, and that was on my mind.
Well, I specifically remember you asking "May I speak Master?", so my answer is NO you may not.
Oh of course, focus on the AGE thing. I rushed to the aid of a poster who was getting beat up on, and I would have done so had he been as old as you are.
Who made you the 'defender of posters'? btw: How come I only got 7 frowny faces from you? I would have liked 8...may I please have another.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter