Monsters, Inc. movie review...

Mop

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure this is the right forum to post this, so please delete if it ain't right...

Anyway, one of my contributors at The Trades has gotten to see Monsters, Inc. and has written a review.

Thanks,
Mop

Mop, thanks so much for sharing that! My daughters (9 yr. old twins) have decided to take a couple of friends to see it for their birthday. They are so excited, but I was wondering whether it would be good. I am very relieved!! Can't wait now!!:bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc

Kim:smooth:

Awesome review. I hope it lives up to it for Disney's sake. And yes, I will be there on 11/2

Woohoo!!! I am definitely looking forward to this film. Way to go Pixar and Disney!

Thanks. :)

Good review, though I think his comment regarding Monster's Inc 'destroying' Shrek's box office total (currently $266M) and easily walking away with the Oscar is a bit ridiculous and premature. This reviewer also gave Chicken Run and X-Men "9 out of 10" reviews and we didn't particularly care for either of those films. Also, I don't think John Goodman and Billy Crystal are in the same league as Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy.

Disney does need a hit though and I hope this movie does well for them. We are looking forward to seeing it on opening day!

I too hope that Disney has a hit. For some reason though, the ads haven't appealed to me. They have left me cold. I felt drawn to both TS movies and a Bug's Life right from the trailers. My wife feels the same way.

Will I still see it? Sure! I am a disney nut though. Will the ads break through and draw a full cross over audience? Time will tell.

DisneyFanGuy, I would agree with you up until the most recent ads. The most recent ads have really pulled me in.
Coupled with the Star Wars Trailer, Monsters Inc. is sure to have a stellar opening weekend.

I don't know that it would beat Shrek, but hopefully it will make a good showing. As enjoyable as Shrek was (well I didn't completely like it, but it was fun) I can't imagine all of feature length animation being that type of story. I want my Cinderella, Lion King, etc.

maybe i did'nt see it but where in this article does it say that monsters cost twice as much as shrek to make. thx. you mike.

Sorry...that may have been a little misleading. Shrek's budget was $60 million. Monsters is "more than $100 million" plus another $50M in advertising.

Dreamworks spent Big bucks advertising Shrek though. I don't have the numbers, but I would guess $50 million to be a good starting estimate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter