Montreal June/July

MrsDanielle

Mouseketeer
I will be in Montreal for a whopping four weeks this summer for educational purposes. During my stay, I will likely have plenty of downtime.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding what I should do? Any good links out there that can provide me with info related to concerts and other events happening around the city ? I should note that I have been to Montreal a few times in the past, but it’s been about 10 years since my last visit.

I will be carlees, and staying downtown. I have rented a car tho for one weekend and have planned a mini stay in Quebec City.

Hi! WHat dates exactly? It is festival season so depending on your dates there should be tons to see and do.

Hi Joan, I’ll be in Montreal from June 25 (St. Jean Baptiste Day) to July 22. I’ll be in Quebec City during my last weekend.

Btw - do you know whether taxis at the airport still charge a flat fee to downtown ?? If so, would you happen to know the price ?? Thank you

Hi Joan, I’ll be in Montreal from June 25 (St. Jean Baptiste Day) to July 22. I’ll be in Quebec City during my last weekend.

Btw - do you know whether taxis at the airport still charge a flat fee to downtown ?? If so, would you happen to know the price ?? Thank you
The flat rate to downtown is 41 $ atm.

I was in Montreal this past year for work so I traveled a lot. From the airport you can grab the 747 bus as well and takes you right downtown. You can grab the metro and go pretty much anywhere in short time. If you have some time during the evenings I would check out the Atrium at Bonaventure bus terminal. The buses and metros all operate out of there but upstairs has a pretty good sized food court and skating rink. I didn't spake but I was in and out of there every week.

For sure make a weekend trip up to Mont Tremblant. It’s the largest ski resort east of the Rockies but has almost as much to do in the summer. Music, zip lining, biking, hiking, food

To expand on that, Just For Laughs starts July 11 and the Montreal Jazz Festival runs from June 28 - July 7

I was thinking about seeing a Jusr for Laughs show or two. Unfortunately, the acts while i’m there aren’t the greatest, and see to get great once I leave.

I know the jazz festival is a super popular event, but i’m Afraid to say I really dislike jazz! it’s just not for me!

I appreciate your suggestions tho.

Apparently there’s some circus festival which I believe begins next week in the Latin quarter. Question: in the research I’ve done, this is probably the most dangerous part of central Montreal. If I go for a show or two at night, will I likely be okay ? The best shows seem to be near the Berri-UQAM metro station. I’ll be a solo female traveller, so would this be a big no—no ??

Thanks

For sure make a weekend trip up to Mont Tremblant. It’s the largest ski resort east of the Rockies but has almost as much to do in the summer. Music, zip lining, biking, hiking, food

I’ve been up there a few times. I wonder if I can take a tour... remember I will only have a car for one weekend and I’ve decided to go to la ville de Quebec.

Thank you for your reply

I was thinking about seeing a Jusr for Laughs show or two. Unfortunately, the acts while i’m there aren’t the greatest, and see to get great once I leave.

I know the jazz festival is a super popular event, but i’m Afraid to say I really dislike jazz! it’s just not for me!

Apparently there’s some circus festival which I believe begins next week in the Latin quarter. Question: in the research I’ve done, this is probably the most dangerous part of central Montreal. If I go for a show or two at night, will I likely be okay ? The best shows seem to be near the Berri-UQAM metro station. I’ll be a solo female traveller, so would this be a big no—no ??

Thanks

Jazz Fest can still be fun even if you don,t like Jazz. That's actually the main complaint nowadays 'there is no more jazz at the jazz fest' :)
I dont think any central areas in Montreal are dangerous. Quartier Latin will have some homeless denizens and Squeegee Punks but you will be in a populated area, even at night due to the festivities.

Have a dinner in Griffintown/St Henri. TONS of new restaurant openings there.

Old Montreal is pretty touristy but can still be beautiful. Grab a lobster roll from Muvbox and take in the scenery. Or relax in Bota Bota spa on the water.

First Fridays is a Food Truck event on the Olympic Stadium taking place the First Friday of every month.

Thanks

I live in Montreal.

There are a lot of people in the street during festivals. Most events happen before midnight so you'll be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter