Moonlight Magic Worth It?

LaurLaur247

Earning My Ears
Our next trip is planned to start the day after the Moonlight Magic event at EPCOT. We are thinking of adding on an extra day to our trip to go to this event. Anyone that has been to a Moonlight Magic can you tell me if it's worth it to add on another day to go?

just went to the Moonlight Magic event at EPCOT on DEC 11th. Definitely worth it plus I think Disney will get better at organizing these events. some of the free food stands were in odd locations and far away from eachother. The extra firework show was awesome. It's like Disney said let's just blow up the rest of the fireworks they had

Everyone has different opinions. We attended the Epcot event, not worth it for us, time was too short , felt like we were rushing to get it all in. DW went to the bathroom and we missed the fireworks.

:earsboy: Bill

Our next trip is planned to start the day after the Moonlight Magic event at EPCOT. We are thinking of adding on an extra day to our trip to go to this event. Anyone that has been to a Moonlight Magic can you tell me if it's worth it to add on another day to go?

Our opinions are they are worth it. Actually made an October reservation so we can attend one at DHS, and made arrangements to go to one of MK’s in January. I was getting off a cruise, decided to stay and DH was able to get some reasonable flights.

Was fortunate to attend both a MK event and an EPCOT event this year. Definitely worth it, IMO. MK especially! I'd start my trip a day early to attend one.

Our planned 2018 trips do not match up with any of the 2018 events, so we will have to live vicariously through those of you fortunate enough to attend one.

FWIW, the MK event holds more people than the others and offers the best chance for off site guests to get in.

I haven't attended one yet, but if I just needed to add 1 day onto my vacation and it didn't change my airfare too much, I'd go for it. I wouldn't book a trip/pay new airfare just to go to one though.

My family went to two Moonlight Magic events at Typhoon Lagoon last summer and enjoyed them very much.

we are headed there this january. i am super excited, mostly to see mk at night and being able to wander without the crowds.

If your trip is already scheduled and the Epcot ones falls during it , it is worth doing. Its not like it costs more so go and enjoy do what you can and know you can't do it all.

We attended a MK event last Feb. We thought it was very nice. Character lines were a bit long, but the fireworks were great. You have nothing to lose by going. It is free (other than adding a day to your trip, but its an extra day at Disney!). I'd give it a shot.

We love doing them. Have been to a few Typhoon Lagoon ones, a MK one and AK one. Lots of fun.

To me the AK and TL ones were worth it, but did not enjoy the MK or Epcot ones as much.

we are headed there this january. i am super excited, mostly to see mk at night and being able to wander without the crowds.

Don't get too excited about thinking there won't be any crowds. A good evening EMH on a cooler night will provide fewer crowds than a Moonlight Magic event.

Don't get too excited about thinking there won't be any crowds. A good evening EMH on a cooler night will provide fewer crowds than a Moonlight Magic event.

I don't completely agree. When we did the MK on last march it was the emptiest I have ever seen in it in the hub for fireworks. Walking around was very light in crowds, but the lines for the characters were crazy long. Most of the crowd was eating or in a line...lol. Ride lines moved fast though. Still in 3 hours we did 2 character lines, rode 4-5 rides, ate food 2 different times and saw the fireworks.

I don't completely agree. When we did the MK on last march it was the emptiest I have ever seen in it in the hub for fireworks. Walking around was very light in crowds, but the lines for the characters were crazy long. Most of the crowd was eating or in a line...lol. Ride lines moved fast though. Still in 3 hours we did 2 character lines, rode 4-5 rides, ate food 2 different times and saw the fireworks.

For fireworks I could agree although I'd have compared it to less than say MVMCP or something. There's no doubt that there are more day guests and the entire park is open and the majority is filling in to watch the fireworks before leaving but the poster was talking about wandering around an empty park. So the rest of the experience? Ours had more people than a late EMH once a few day guests cleared out. And I'd say Epcot did too. It's not packed like a busy day but I could never call it empty. DVC wouldn't want it to be either - it's a selling point and they want as many to experience it as comfortably can.

For fireworks I could agree although I'd have compared it to less than say MVMCP or something. There's no doubt that there are more day guests and the entire park is open and the majority is filling in to watch the fireworks before leaving but the poster was talking about wandering around an empty park. So the rest of the experience? Ours had more people than a late EMH once a few day guests cleared out. And I'd say Epcot did too. It's not packed like a busy day but I could never call it empty. DVC wouldn't want it to be either - it's a selling point and they want as many to experience it as comfortably can.

I guess seeing a few people around feels empty to us, being able to walk with out bumping into people every second. Yes it was crowded in a sense but far less than most events/days at disney at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter