More about transfers

jodyb

DIS Veteran
I'm starting a new thread to let you know what I've found out about transfer from CDG to Disneyland early in the AM - as well as to ask you all another question...

All of the car services/taxis quoted me about 80 to 90 Euro. Then I discovered a company called Silver Shuttle.

http://www.silvershuttle.biz/index_en.php?Act=Intro

They advertise 24 hour service to and from CDG, and that they will meet your flight even if it is delayed.. and they charge 18 Euro per adult for transfer from CDG to the Disneyland hotels.
Everything about this sounds so perfect!

Before I sign up with them I was hoping to read a review.... anyone used them before? Or heard of them?

I just checked again, and Silver Shuttle advertises 12 (not 18) Euro per person from CDG to Disneyland. How can this be... all the others post at least 80.....

The "towncar" type services charge about 80 euros per car, rather than per person. Maybe you end up sharing with a few other people going to other DLP hotels, rather than an exclusive taxi type service. Just a guess!!

Whatever - it looks really good to know about. Well done, and many thanks for finding out about it. :D

Becky, I think you are right - it is probably a shared ride, which is fine with me - especially since if you reserve with them they will meet your flight - just like a private car service...
I'm going to email them and make sure that what I think I understand is really what they are offering. I don't like to say it but it sounds almost too good to be true!

I don't like to say it but it sounds almost too good to be true!

LOL! After years of many bitter disappointments, I think just like that now!!! :teeth:

It says their vans are eight seaters, so if they fill them up with adults they could make up to 96 euros per trip, which works out about right. The 12 euro per head does sound like a really good deal - even better than the VEA. AND it runs 24 hours, AND picks up at a time to suit you. It really is almost TGTBT!! :p

Looking forward to hearing what they have to say.

Well, I just filled out their online reservation form - it did not require any prepayment or credit card number... and I just received an email confirmation of my reservation (below)
I guess we'll have to wait until Jan. 9 to see if it's really what it promises, but so far it looks good! They charged 12 E for me adn 6 for my daughter... - much cheaper than the VEA!!
The English on their site is so bad that some things are anyone's guess what they mean... but I think I got the basics!

www.silvershuttle.biz
shuttle - paris - airport
Dear(e) Baron Jody,

Here the summary of your reservation

Departure Coming
Place : Roissy - Charles de Gaulle
Compagny : Arkia
Flight Number:
From to : Tel Aviv
Terminal : 3

Place : DisneyLand Hotel
Name : Sequoia Lodge

First Name : Jody
Last Name : Baron
Phone : +972-54-4602206
Portable :
Email : jodyb@tx.technion.ac.il

Date : 09 / 01 / 2005
Hour : 05 h 30 min

Number of persons :
Adults : 1 Childrens : 1
Childrens less than 3 years: 0
Fares : 18 €

hi:wave2:
goodluck and i hope everything goes well, you will have to let us know how you get on! i was thinking of to to cdg sometime next year but alwqays wondered about the transfers, what dates are you going? have a brill time:sunny:
::MinnieMo tracy::MinnieMo

The English on their site is so bad that some things are anyone's guess what they mean... but I think I got the basics!

Yes - I noticed that too!! :teeth:

The very best of luck for a successful transfer - and thanks for being our Silvershuttle guinea pig! :D

Well, we are try silvershuttle next week.

Had not thought about sharing, but will see very soon.

Let you know what I think when we are back.

Regards
:D

Cyrano, would you mind telling us some details? Which terminal are you coming into at CDG and what time do you arrive? Have you signed up with Silver Shuttle online or have you had any phone contact with them?
Thanks in advance if you feel like sharing more!
All the best,
Jody

Jody

flying easyjet which goes in to Terminal 3, but hope that does not make a difference. Should be arriving at 5.00pm so I expect the roads will be busy with commuter traffic.

Signed on-line and received a quick courtsey email confirming meeting at arrivals.

My DD of 7 and 2 along with DS of 5 don't even know we are going. I'm busting to tell them but with parents evening the day before we depart this is the perfect surprise .

Regards
Reid :D

Reid, you are very strong! I tried to keep it from my daughter that I upgraded us to Disneyland Hotel for the last 3 days of our week in DLP, and that lasted for about 20 minutes after I had the reservation! LOL Your little ones are going to be thrilled! Please do keep us informed about the shuttle! (We arrive at terminal 3 as well - coming from Tel Aviv on an Arkia charter)
Have a fantastic time!
Jody

I just received an email from SilverShuttle!! They said "The shuttle is not available in January"! They suggested the VEA... sigh... which does not run until 8:35 AM and we arrive at 5:30 AM!!! Back to square one! I'm so disappointed!
Jody

Oh no! I'm so sorry Jody. :( That is such a shame for you, and I also thought it would be the best option for my next visit too.

Wonder why they don't run in January? :confused:

Jody
why do they not run?

I would be so disappointed if this was us, now I'm worried :(

Regards
Reid :jester:

Reid, they did not give any explanation. Immediately after signing up online I received an email confirmation of our reservation, but today I received another email from them with just one line: "shuttle not available in January: Try VEA from terminal 3 entrance".
I assume you will have no problem since you are traveling in November... I have no idea why they suspend service. Maybe just doesn't pay for them in the off off season?
VEA doesn't run early enough for us, and the TGV arrives at the park at 7 AM, leaving us in the freezing morning with luggage and no way to get to the Sequoia Lodge...
I may have to bite the bullet and shell out 80 Euro for a taxi...
Jody

Jody - Have you though about the TGV? The first one of the day isn't until just before 7 am, but that does give you a bit of time to collect your bags and then get a shuttle over to Terminal 2 where the station is. And, of course, the journey only takes 12 minutes!! The price given by a UK website was £16, so probably works out a bit cheaper than the taxi, but it's a bit more of a hassle - not door to door service!

Just a thought - still a big shame about Silvershuttle not operating.

Becky, thanks, actually I had thought about that but it would get us to the Disney station just a few minutes after 7, with a full 2 hours before the shuttles to the hotels start running... and the walk with luggage and an exhausted child after being on the journey all night... AND the possibility of snow/ice and who knows what else in mid-January... I think I need an option that drops me right at the Sequoia.
I'm beginning to think January was not the best time to go... but our APs run out Jan. 26, and December did not work out for us (sadly, because I had really wanted to experience a DLP Christmas...) - but even if I have to pay the 80 or 90 Euro to get to the hotel from the airport I intend for us to have a fantastic vacation! My next battle will probably be getting the Sequoia to give us a room so early in the AM! We'll be exhausted from being up for over 24 hours at that point. But hey - at least will be in the MAGIC!! right?

Yes, I see your point Jody - I didn't know what time the Disney station shuttle started of a morning! In fact, until recently I didn't even know they existed!! For some reason I just assumed you had to drag your luggage through the Disney Village to your hotel!!! :o :p

Personally I would always look at the TGV as a last resort. I know it gets you there really quickly, but it's all the faff either end that would bother me! I don't care if it takes a bit longer, but even in the middle of the day, after a quick flight, I want door to door service!! :D

BTW you should get to see one day of the Christmas decorations - I think they're up until the 9th Jan!!

Fingers crossed for an available room at Sequoia Lodge - surely in January?!

That's great news! I know the 9th is the last day for Lion King before they close for hiatus - so no matter how exhausted we are we'll be in the park that first day for sure! I'll be so excited if I also get to see the decorations and the trees! Do you know if the Christmas parade also runs on the 9th?? Becky, you just made my day! It's worth getting there so early in the AM just to have one day of Christmas...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter