• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

More connections ?s

I will be using my vouchers next week.

I ordered 2 of the 29.50 ones for our lunch at Marrakesh ... it will work out better for us here, and our 2 kids ages 2 and 5 will eat off of us.

I ordered 6 of the 10.50 ones to use at Beaches, Tusker and Cosmic Rays ... these will be good value here.

I ordered one breakfast for the CP for everyone ... this saves us a few bucks with tax and tip.

I did it more for the convienice of getting some meals paid for months ago ... if you are tying to save big bucks it will only happen at a few places like Marrakesh or Concouse Steak House.

I also have TONS of other meals where we will not use them ... so that way we do not worry the whole trip about getting our $$ worth.

I am DISMAYED though that I got a new membership kit from connections today ... same number .. but with the welcome letter stating how I have 30 days free trial ... I hope they don't try to charge me AGAIN for my membership.

I need to call them today and cancel like I tried to do before they talked me out of it offereng a $30 dining rebate I have yet to see.

Maybe I should call now.

wdwo

Well, we are back and it was fantastic! I hated leaving, in fact I cried right in front of
2 ducks who were following me as we were heading to the parking lot to go to the airport.
(The ducks made me cry because they were one of the fun things about CBR and when they
followed me I felt like they were saying bye) Anyways all things I got from Connections
were great, they worked with no problems. I am glad that I am able to report that to you all
so u can be free of worries etc...and u can have a great trip.
The 10.50 vouchers worked great. Here is what we had:

Beaches n Cream (Beach Club) We each had a 10.95 steak sandwhich with french fries
plus a 4.00 orange ice cream drink (as a beverage choice) plus we could get any ice cream selection for desert, but were too full after the orange shake thing to get anything but a 4.00
Mickey Mouse Sundae. It was pretty big too, but not as big as the other things. So for 21.00
we got 38.00 + worth of food. Oh, while we were there someone ordered THE KITCHEN SINK
it was HUGE and so cool, it came in a stainless steel kitchen sink and three boys ate the entire thing which had a WHOLE CAN of whipped cream on it in addtion to all the ice cream and
other toppings, I got a picture of it, will post as soon as I can

Cantina de San Angel (Epcot) I got the Plato Combinacion (6.95) a churro (1.89) and a large drink (2.25) and hubby got the Wet Burrito which i think came to the same price as mine, and also a churro and large drink, we saved some money but only a few dollars, but it was good food.

Bridgetown Broiler (CBR) I got the rib/chicken combo that came with 2 sides (mashed potatoes/gravy and caribbean rice) that was 9.59, I also got a slice of chocolate cake (3.95)
and an orange juice (2.25) this place has really good food, good quality too.
I got this same thing 2 days later (I really liked it alot)

The coupons would not have been of value at other places we ate.

I will post trip report soon and all the pictures (even the ones of my duck friends!)
I am booking CBR for 2002 this week, i recommend it to anyone who likes tropical settings.

Hulabird
AUG/SEP 2001
carib01a.gif

Hi HulaBird!! We just got back today as well!!! We also ate at Beaches & Cream one day after DH & DS played Mini-Golf across the street at Fantasia Gardens!

Anyways, we got Lime Rickey's as drinks (2.50) & the Double burger with bacon (8.95) & then I got a Sundae with 3 scoops (7.95) & DH got a Banana Split (7.95)... We sat at the table & the coupon also covered the gratuity... I shared my entire meal with DD since she doesn't actually eat anything but bread & ice cream LOL.... (she's 3)... with taxes & gratuity our Beaches & Cream dinner would have cost $47.00... By the way if you want to order dessert, be sure NOT to eat half your meal... otherwise you won't have room for dessert, which is what I was really interested in!!!

We stayed at Coronado Springs & we ate at the Pepper Market a couple of times... We made a KILLING by using the coupons!

One night we each had the following:
2 Prime Rib dinner with potato & vegetables 18.00 (36.00)
2 Soda 1.95 (3.90)
2 Dessert 4.00 (8.00)
Tip @ 10% & Tax (8.00)

For a Grand total of about FIFTY SIX DOLLARS!!!

We used two coupons & were set!! I did share my meal with DD (again since she just eats the bread & dessert LOL)....

We repeated the Prime Rib dinner again one night (they were very good) & on one occasion DH ordered the Sampler at 14.95 & I ordered the Ribeye at 17.95....

Since the Pepper Market charges the 10% tip, just about anything you order will get you up over the $10.00 cost of the coupon... since it covers gratuity & tax....

All in all, we were VERY pleased with the value at these two restaurants!

I just got back as well and I agree that you can save tons of $$ at Beaches and the Pepper Market.

We ate at Beaches twice and the Pepper Market once and each of these meals were almost $50 and we only paid $21 for the vouchers we used to cover the bill.

One thing though .. at Beaches they stuck a card in it saying how gratuity was not added to the bill ... blah ... blah ... so I tipped our server ... nicely I may add.

Are you telling me that gratuity was included at beaches? I wonder why they stuck that card in with my bill for the kids meal AFTER I presented the vouchers?

Oh well ... if gratuity was included on the voucher and we tipped him .... he had a good day just off our table.

wdwo

Since the $10.50 Quick and Casual vouchers are for counter-service eateries, the waitstaff at Beaches and Cream are probably NOT getting tips.

They are getting tipped using the vouchers!!! Just like at Pepper Market, they charge a 10% gratuity.....

If you read the fine print on the vouchers, it says that the voucher includes both tax AND gratuity... I do know that when you check out, they have to write the value of your meal in the space provided... that's how the gratuity is collected I would guess... but the 10% gratuity was definitely paid at Pepper Market....

The only thing you should have to tip on at Beaches & Cream is the kids meal... which of course we did tip for..... But, the voucher clearly states that it also covers gratuity & taxes....

But on the Pepper Market ticket the 10% fee is listed.

And on the other tickets for the sit downs ... Crystal Palace and Concourse .. the bottom of the ticket said "Gratuity Included"

The beaches ticket said nothing .... and they stuck a little card in the thing saying how "No gratuity has been added to your bill."

The voucher does day "All applicable taxes and gratuities are included" ...

I should have just come out and asked.

wdwo

I DID ask, and the waiters at Beaches n Cream DO get a tip out
of the 10.50 coupons, I asked our waiter just to be sure and he said the
tips are given to them and I didn't have to leave one....its based NOT on
10.50, but on the total bill that u normally would have paid.

Hulabird

Aug/Sep 2001 CBR

Thanks for confirming this Hulabird!! In fact I think I'd read in one of the previous Connections threads that someone else had come out and asked about the tip & was told the same thing, that the voucher covered the gratuity, based on the total amount of the bill.... Glad to hear I wasn't remembering something I made up LOL.....

Wow! Wish I had known that.

Maybe they stuck it in the bill to remind me to tip on the kids meal that was not covered by the vouchers.

Well - He got a hefty tip that day.

oh well

wdwo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter