More from me - Mickey key rings!!!

Soooo you are telling us that cooking isn't your "passion"!! :laughing:

I looked everywhere I could think of with NO luck. (I didn't want to order it online) Actually what I did was cut LGMH (paint sample from Home Depot) and used the backing of the paint sample for my stencil. Then once the clay was ready I layed the stencil on top and used my exacto knife to cut out the Mickey head. I know.... I know.... sounds REALLY easy .... you know how long it took me to figure that out! :)

My poor family will definately agree that cooking is not my speciality!

I tried cutting around the LGMH with a purple scupley tool, but it came out very choppy and the edges were not smooth at all. It's not too bad for my first attempt at sculpey, but I would like to try more. Maybe an exacto knife would be better.

My poor family will definately agree that cooking is not my speciality!

I tried cutting around the LGMH with a purple scupley tool, but it came out very choppy and the edges were not smooth at all. It's not too bad for my first attempt at sculpey, but I would like to try more. Maybe an exacto knife would be better.

I used the exacto knife. Had to make sure that the knife was straight up and down and not slanted. I promise if I ever get caught up I will get that darn picture posted!! DH has been TDY for the past month so life around here has been crazy. We also just found out his unit has recv'd a warning order :crazy2: :scared: .... Oh I guess I need to explain that DH is in the military. :idea:
I have been having a lot of fun playing with a few ideas. Now I am just tyring to figure out how to cast my little projects in resin. :confused3

2900755083218080_1.jpg

EBAY has them!!

Thanks ... I will have to go searching ..... was there a particular seller that you foung those at. I must admit I am not a e-bay person so I really know little of the site. :confused3

Thanks ... I will have to go searching ..... was there a particular seller that you foung those at. I must admit I am not a e-bay person so I really know little of the site.

www.ebay.com

THEN on the search box at the top right of the page type in:

MICKEY ring

and click enter

It should pop up on the first page :)

I have been having a lot of fun playing with a few ideas. Now I am just tyring to figure out how to cast my little projects in resin. :confused3

I bought something called glaze by Sculpy brand. It is a clear finish that comes in satin (which I hope is clear and glossy) and another clear (maybe a matte type :confused3 ). It's one of my many projects waiting for me. When I eventually try it I can let you know, but it might be a week.

OK, so I know it is just a little project but DARN this is getting addictive! The casting came out really cool. It took forever to dry and SMELLS ~~ PU STINKY ~~ but needs a little sanding to clean it up a little. I couldn't get the darn thing out of the mold! DH is going to help me on drilling a hole for the jump ring. (He came home Friday night! ... :woohoo: )
I haven't used the scuptey sealer, although I think it may be better than the poly sealer I have. That seems to peel if you put too much on.
SO the goal today is to get the jump ring drilled and take some pics AND post them today..... what else am I going to do with DH and DS hooked to the TV for the rest of the afternoon! :) DD6 & DD5 and I will play with clay!:) Ofcourse they will have NOTHING to do with drilling and sealing but they can have some fun with the clay.

OK, so I know it is just a little project but DARN this is getting addictive! The casting came out really cool. It took forever to dry and SMELLS ~~ PU STINKY ~~ but needs a little sanding to clean it up a little. I couldn't get the darn thing out of the mold! DH is going to help me on drilling a hole for the jump ring. (He came home Friday night! ... :woohoo: )

Is that how you do it? I made one Mickey head (it was thin and scary) and I baked the jump ring into it. I have been trying to figure out if I would melt beads if I tried to put them on. This would also solve my problem of wanting the clay to be loose enough to spin on the jump ring!

Is that how you do it? I made one Mickey head (it was thin and scary) and I baked the jump ring into it. I have been trying to figure out if I would melt beads if I tried to put them on. This would also solve my problem of wanting the clay to be loose enough to spin on the jump ring!

Well drilling the hole is for the resin. But PRIOR to this resin brainstorm (and I mean that sarcasticly) I would take a pencil point and punch a hole through the clay BEFORE I baked it. This way the mickey head would move freely around the jump ring.
If they are glass beads I don't thtink there should be a problem with melting. I had wanted to try that too...
BUT this resin stuff is driving me crazy! :)

OK, so it's been more than a week.... now I have to figure out how to post a picture!

have any of you baked rhinestones into polyclay?

No I haven't, I would be afraid of them melting in the oven. Now if they were glass beads I don't think it would be a problem.

I was thinking swarovski or czech crystal...

That might work, but I am by NO MEANS claiming to be an expert!! :) I have a very detailed conversation with the poly clay instructor at Michaels. Other than that..... I am just winging it! ;)

Thank You for fixing the link..... The photobucket thing was all that I could handle this morning! :)

thanks, I just *may* give it a try...if I ever get around to picking up somy polyclay!

I love the speckled look! That is so cool how do you do it?

I'm just now getting around to looking at it and haven't tried it yet even though I'm hoping to do some polyclay craft at my DD6 birthday party in 2 weeks :scared1:

I love the speckled look! That is so cool how do you do it?

I'm just now getting around to looking at it and haven't tried it yet even though I'm hoping to do some polyclay craft at my DD6 birthday party in 2 weeks :scared1:

By accident!! :) I just rolled all three colors together into a tube and cut little circles and rolled it out, layed the stencil down and.....TA DA ..... red, white and blue mickey head! It has a resin seal on it so it won't break. That was the tricky part, I went through three different products before I found one that worked.

By accident!! :) I just rolled all three colors together into a tube and cut little circles and rolled it out, layed the stencil down and.....TA DA ..... red, white and blue mickey head! It has a resin seal on it so it won't break. That was the tricky part, I went through three different products before I found one that worked.

Which resin finally worked? Do they make a mickey head stencil or did you create one yourself?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter