More on the amazing $50-park-passes-deal

My FIL called Vernon Hills and they told him it was going through November. I don't know if they stop when they run out or they get more in. You should be okay going Monday. Call down there before you leave to be sure.

Leslie

The gift card promos are not normally good on Dept. 99 stuff (disney dollars, passes) but if it's a regular gift card that you could purchase, i would imagine you could use it just like cash and see no reason why anyone would say no. But if these are special promo gift cards, it will say on the back. i STILL say DVC members should be given same pass discount as DC members. Gosh, we sure PAY more for a membership!

Please let us know. I'm in Southeastern Wisconsin and wouldn't mind driving down for the deal. I'm especially interested in if the CM's at Vernon Hills will let you buy DD's with the gift cards. I already have two gift cards and the CM's at Brookfield Square won't let me buy DD's with the gift cards.

Thanks,

Martha

I called two Chicago stores today.
Stratford Square, Bloomingdale, IL said they were running it until Nov 24th, but they were out of adult t-shirts for buying the kid passes, only child size shirts left

Woodfield Mall, Shaumburg said they had them until the end of the month. They also said that as of today they were moving to another site in the mall.

Hope this info helps

Tami

Got our passes yesterday. There are few if any restrictions on the use of the gift cards, and there is no precedence that can be used. Interestingly, this promotion appears to be aimed at promoting the new gift cards and not the passes themselves. These are regular gift cards for use in the store and can be used for passes or for Disney Dollars. We bought Disney Dollars with ours. The key is that if someone left the store, there is no way to tell the gift card they give you from one that is purchased. Gift certificates for the Disney Store/ the new gift cards would be good on Disney Dollars and passes, and the cards obtained in this manner are, too. This is afantastic promotion and a great way for Disney to generate some cash flow (as well as some park traffic). I'm not sure why we lucked out int he Chicago area, unless it is a goodwill thing since they closed our Disney Quest and because Disney is a sponsor of the upcoming Magnificent Mile lights festival that has a Disney parade as a kick off.

When I went to my local TDS in Florida, I asked the CM why the offer was available in Chicago. He said that outside of Florida, more people visit WDW from Chicago than any other place in the US. I bet that's why they tried DisneyQuest there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter