Morimoto lunch vs dinner

Brett6646

Earning My Ears
We will be on the DxDP when we visit in July and we will have 3 credits remaining on our final day. We intend to spend that day at Disney Springs. We currently have Morimoto scheduled for lunch , which, is one credit if I am looking at it correctly. We would also like to try Raglan Road which is 1 credit. I believe that Morimoto is 2 credits for dinner. So my question for those that have been there for both, would it be worth it to switch the Morimoto to dinner and do RR for lunch to use the 3 credits or should I keep the Morimoto as a 1 credit lunch and use the signature at STK or The Boathouse. I guess my question is, is there a significant upgrade in experience from lunch to dinner to warrant the use of an additional credit. thanks

We will be on the DxDP when we visit in July and we will have 3 credits remaining on our final day. We intend to spend that day at Disney Springs. We currently have Morimoto scheduled for lunch , which, is one credit if I am looking at it correctly. We would also like to try Raglan Road which is 1 credit. I believe that Morimoto is 2 credits for dinner. So my question for those that have been there for both, would it be worth it to switch the Morimoto to dinner and do RR for lunch to use the 3 credits or should I keep the Morimoto as a 1 credit lunch and use the signature at STK or The Boathouse. I guess my question is, is there a significant upgrade in experience from lunch to dinner to warrant the use of an additional credit. thanks

I would go to Boathouse or STK with the 2 credits.

Lunch is great at morimoto for 1 credit. We arrived at 4:30ish and ended up somehow with lunch and dinner menus for our party. Since we were there before 5 were were able to use only one credit per person. The main difference in the menus was that the Filet of Beef and I think some Lobster dish were not on the lunch menu. Other than that they were exactly the same except for the addition of the "lunch sets" were not on the dinner menu. We got some pixie dust and the waiter let my husband and son order the filet of beef and still only charged us one credit. I would do a lunch and use the one credit. Still so many amazing food options. Its soooo good!!

Lunch is great at morimoto for 1 credit. We arrived at 4:30ish and ended up somehow with lunch and dinner menus for our party. Since we were there before 5 were were able to use only one credit per person. The main difference in the menus was that the Filet of Beef and I think some Lobster dish were not on the lunch menu. Other than that they were exactly the same except for the addition of the "lunch sets" were not on the dinner menu. We got some pixie dust and the waiter let my husband and son order the filet of beef and still only charged us one credit. I would do a lunch and use the one credit. Still so many amazing food options. Its soooo good!!

Thanks, we will stick with the lunch then. So now the question is do we do STK or Boathouse?

According to Touring Plans, STK does not participate in the DDP. Is this wrong?

Here's the list of Disney Dining Plan participants as of January 2018:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/m...ld/en_us/PDF/Jan_2018_DDP_Locations_added.pdf
It mirrors what is said on Disney's website.

Thanks, we will stick with the lunch then. So now the question is do we do STK or Boathouse?

Both serve excellent steaks in different settings and are considered Signature restaurants. Prices are pretty much the same. Both have the addition of a seafood menu with Boathouse's being more extensive than STK. Both have been reported as loud (depends on eating area for Boathouse) but in my experience STK is significantly nosier; this is probably by restaurant concept.

Truth in posting: Have never eaten at the STK, Orlando, however I've experienced the one in NYC. I've eaten at Boathouse at least 3 times.

HTH!

Here's the list of Disney Dining Plan participants as of January 2018:

I couldn't follow the link (it kept getting highjacked to another site). I searched for the dining plan and we able to see that STK Orlando is indeed on the dining plan. Yay! I can add that to my list of potential reading places.

Thanks for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter