most embarrassing thing happened to you

old lady

DIS Veteran
My shoe starting to fall apart in the Grand Floridian while the sheiks were looking at me.

I was speaking French to a guy over in the France pavilion and I accidently said something wrong, I've had many years of French, but I'm still not that great. I meant to say "a little bit" and instead I said "hurry up." He was our waiter at the restaurant so he probably thought I was rude to cut off our conversation and tell him to "hurry up!" Anyway, I was so embarassed that I did not make eye contact the rest of the time. This was at the beginning of the meal! Hopefully that guy was on a college program and didn't stick around too long afterwards.

In my zeal to rn out of the hotel and catch the bus to the AK, I had a run in with a revolving door. We were at the Swan and as we were making our way out front to the bus stop to head over the AK, we entered the large revolving door, fresh cup of hot coffee in hand. As we entered...I looked up and saw a bus pulling in and I was so excited that I tried to exit the door before it had gotten to its opening. BLAMMM! There I went into the glass door, coffee goes everywhere. It wasn't even the AK bus!

A nice elderly gentleman was sitting on a bench outside and I said, "you are never going to forget that are you?" He simply replied "Nope."

A day and a half before my graduation trip in 2006, I fell down a flight of stairs on a dinner cruise, totally messing up my legs. It was so bad I was limping all around. While getting ready to board the flight to Orlando, we heard a large crack on the escalator - part of my friend's suitcase broke! Only..we didn't know this until we arrived in Orlando and she dropped it on my foot. Okay, I thought, it stings but I'll be alright. Ooooh, it's really stinging and my foot feels cold and wet, I think in the line for ME. My best friend Caitlin glances down and looks back up - "Natalie, do not look down!" So naturally I look down, around with half the people near us in the ME line - my white flipflop and right foot is literally covered in blood! Thankfully Caitlin whips out lime green (coincidentally!) Band-Aids, and we try with the help of some moms to clean up. All the families are now staring at me as I drag along, and finally, after lots of effort, ready to board the bus. But - ouch! My left leg has a bone dent in the shin from two days before (and it's still there..) and now my right foot is bleeding profusely! I take a limp up, and bam! Onto my butt I go!! I finally crawl into the ME bus, completely wrecked. Another guest who was already seated with crutches even offered them to me, saying I need them more than he did, and he was casted! All in all, it was just a mess and quite embarassing as all these people must have thought I was a bumbling mess, which is what I definitely looked like!

A close runner-up is the time I went to pose on the edge of the fountain in front of Spaceship Earth and barely avoided falling in! The two little old ladies next to me couldn't stop laughing at me the whole five minutes I was there!!

Or..the time, all on the same trip, when my friends were getting FPs for Little Mermaid. I'd been up since the day before (different story!) and hadn't eaten much at 1900 Park Fare. We'd done RnR twice in a row, and suddenly I wasn't so stable anymore. I clutched the metal rail and tried to warn my friends I needed help - I was already banged up, I didn't need a cracked skull! They never heard me, and I slumped over the railing. I came to with parents surrounding me, kids looking horrified, and a father who must have made sure I didn't crack open my head! My friends still had no idea until they turned around and there I was, splayed all over the floor. In a dress. Facing the public. :scared:

Oh..Did I mention this was all with a terrible eye allergy? Yes, the trip of 2006 was one for the embarassing memory books. :sick:

I just remembered two more that are really funny. I'm a really clutzy person as you will tell. Thankfully I don't embarass easily!

1) I was on Magical Express, and it just so happened that a seeing eye dog was on with us. Well I love dogs so as I was getting off the bus I was staring at this beautiful dog and I just slip and slide down the stairs of the bus. I pretty much did the splits, one leg was behind me and one leg was out in front of me. And on the slide down my mom behind me tries to save me by grabbing my ponytail. :scared:

2) The other one was not really my fault. The MK had closed at 2am. My sister and I sat around for about an hour in the park just watching people leave and seeing main st empty. Pretty cool. Well we walk outside to catch our bus and there's our POP bus sitting in the wrong spot, so we run over and hop on it. The bus clearly said POP Century on it. We're driving and he turns into Beach Club. My sister and I just sit there and wonder what's going on. I go up and ask him if he's going to POP last and he said NO. I told him the bus had said POP before we got on. He looked at me like I was an idiot, even though it was really his fault. So he ended up making a special trip over there just for me and my sister. It was so embarassing, and for some reason my sister makes fun of me over this, even though we both saw the same thing on the bus. :confused3

My most embarrassing Disney moment was a LONG time ago, when I was probably about 12 years old. I was in line for the Haunted Mansion with my two older sisters. They already had me pretty worked up and scared about the ride. We were still outside the building. The horn for the riverboat sounded very loud behind me. I hit the ground like I'd been shot! Everybody around me was laughing.

But, after all that, I did enjoy the ride... MUCH better than I did when I was 8 when I did it with my eyes closed!

1) I was on Magical Express, and it just so happened that a seeing eye dog was on with us. Well I love dogs so as I was getting off the bus I was staring at this beautiful dog and I just slip and slide down the stairs of the bus. I pretty much did the splits, one leg was behind me and one leg was out in front of me. And on the slide down my mom behind me tries to save me by grabbing my ponytail. :scared:

That's awesome! Nice save by your mom. I'm sure you were happy to be able to hold your head up high thanks to her quick thinking to grab your ponytail! :rotfl:

Alright this might not count because it was at Universal but it was on a Disney trip and it's the most embarassing thing to ever happen to me, EVER. Okay so it was near Christmas time and they had the Grinch character show and all the Who's in Dr. Seuss land, it was awesome. Anyways, we were watching the Grinch show and I was drinking some milk and my sister said something really funny and I started choking and like half spit out the milk. Unfortunately, the milk went all over this British girl and before I can even breathe (still choking) her whole family is shouting at me. The show is still going on and people are staring while my sister is trying to explain what happened XD I pretty much wanted to be dead. It still embarasses me just thinking about it!

How about, in the midst of your worst day at work *EVER*(at GMR-I rate this above the day in MK when a guest gave me a scar by grabbing and injuring me...), trying to distract/entertain guests while the ride is broken down and there's nothing I can do about it, trying to sing Happy Birthday to a little girl (over my microphone) and getting her name wrong(Mom gives me *evil* look), ride breaks down twice more... We miss Oz... Oz is reset and I end up looking like a ******* trying to cover up what happened while it restarts...

And having it end up on YouTube. O_O

O_O

I'd like to see you top me.:rotfl2:

Hopefully none of you have seen that video and/or have newfound sympathy for a struggling CM in a situation..... sigh....

PS: I KNOW y'all vindictive people are trying to find this on youtube...hay if you do let me know so I can comment and yell at that person for meanly posting the worst day of my life on the interwebz... thanks:rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Most embarrassing had to be at Blizzard Beach. I'm a big gal and never even put on a swimsuit, but for BB I bought a modest suit with matching swim shorts. While DS and DH head over to do all those huge slides, I stayed at the Junior Ski Patrol area with DD. She was about 8 or 9 at the time.

Anyway, I bobbed around in the pool for a while and she did some of the small slides, but then asked me to go down the short tube ride with her. So I did. MORON! I flew down the little slide and totally wiped out at the end, with the tube landing on top of me. I came up sputtering and tripping along that nasty fiberglass bottom, scrapping my hands and knees. DD was trying to come back to help me but the CM told her she couldn't go back.

She's screaming, "My mother is drowning! My mother is drowning!"

I'm in, like, two feet of water . . .

One evening last summer, DH took DD2 outside while I paid the bill at the Rose and Crown Dining room. (she has really short patience in restaurants. When I waled out and went around the corner to find them, there was my little darling, in a fountain:banana: completely soaked, being laughed at photographed:eek: :guilty:

One evening last summer, DH took DD2 outside while I paid the bill at the Rose and Crown Dining room. (she has really short patience in restaurants. When I waled out and went around the corner to find them, there was my little darling, in a fountain:banana: completely soaked, being laughed at photographed:eek: :guilty:
Was DH in there too? You need to share that picture if you have it. :)

I have always thought if I enjoyed one of the stories then I must share one too.:surfweb:

So here it goes;
Back in October 2006 I took my family (DW, DS21, DD6, myself) to the 7PM Hoop De Doo dinner show. Well at dinner DD was acting up and after a couple warnings I felt I needed to take her outside for a more serious discussion about her disruptions. So on the way out she decides she is going to act out even more :sad: (this is unusual for her). So I go outside and we had that I’m the parent talk if you don’t stop certain consequences are going to take place. I give her another good five minutes and she is now back to a normal mood for her and I now see the show actors moving towards the front door. I thought we needed to go back in before the show started and as I approach the side door that we left out of, I can hear the music pumping up and an announcer talking about a stage coach pulling up or something like that (I was outside). Well I open up the side door and as DD and myself walk in a spot light shines right on us and everybody in the theater looked right at us!!! :eek: I wanted to crawl under one of the tables, but all I could do was freeze in place and with both hands in front of me point with just wrist movements towards the front door where I knew the actors would be coming in. Well the actors did bust in at that point with a lot of noise so the attention to us switched very suddenly to them. DD was as good as gold from then on in fact our best family memory came later that night too.:grouphug:

In my zeal to rn out of the hotel and catch the bus to the AK, I had a run in with a revolving door. We were at the Swan and as we were making our way out front to the bus stop to head over the AK, we entered the large revolving door, fresh cup of hot coffee in hand. As we entered...I looked up and saw a bus pulling in and I was so excited that I tried to exit the door before it had gotten to its opening. BLAMMM! There I went into the glass door, coffee goes everywhere. It wasn't even the AK bus!

A nice elderly gentleman was sitting on a bench outside and I said, "you are never going to forget that are you?" He simply replied "Nope."

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl:

In 1997 I had some disruption at my wedding by my DRUNK in-laws. I was so upset that while honeymooning at Disney World my stomach hurt, and I had constant diarrhea. I mean we basically spent our days moving from bathroom to another bathroom, rather then ride rides as DH waited outside every bathroom in the world. How romantic.

:scared: :eek:

In 1997 I had some disruption at my wedding by my DRUNK in-laws. I was so upset that while honeymooning at Disney World my stomach hurt, and I had constant diarrhea. I mean we basically spent our days moving from bathroom to another bathroom, rather then ride rides as DH waited outside every bathroom in the world. How romantic.

:scared: :eek:

That's TERRIBLE!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter