most embarrassing thing happened to you

Our son, then 11 or so, looked down at a salad he has just been served in a rather nice restaurant, and said "Great cleavage!" It was early and not many people were there so the place was rather quiet and most everyone around us heard him. Turns out he was trying to use the word 'leafage" but didn't quite get it right. (I thought at first that he had seen too many of those trashy Florida postcards with the busty girls in bikinis on them.)

Well this story didn't happen to me, it was actually my father but it is still a great story. We were walking infront of Space Ship Earth and there was this little boy (probably around 4 years old) dancing as he was walking. My dad turned to watch him as we were walking. This kid was really cute- you know how little kids act when they're all excited in Disney. Well, while my dad was walking with his head turned, he failed to see the little metal stantion poles. Needless to say, he walked right into one and it was "hooha" height. I heard the clang and I'm not sure which one rang louder, the pole or his "hoo ha." :lmao: He will never live that one down!

At CAAdv once, I was walking in and I started doing a little dance to the ambient music.

Flat on my face in about 40 seconds. I laugh about it... now...

This wasn't embarrassing to me, but to my DD. We were at Hoop De Doo Revue and one of the characters said something about "it wasn't fat, it was floating muscle". I took one look at DH and knew he was going to remember that line forever. I burst out laughing. :rotfl: I was louder than most of the others around us and my DD tried to shush me and looked like she just wanted to crawl under the table and hide. She was a teen and on top of everything else, Mom was wearing Gold Mickey ears.

Another time we took DD's best friend with us. This whole trip started out with problems. Locked the house to find that I had locked my purse with the only set of house keys inside. Had to break in through a window to get that before we could leave. On the way down, thought we had missed the exit, so double backed and had to pay additional tolls, one of which DH missed getting in the bucket and we had to try again. Come to find out we hadn't missed the exit. Got to the correct exit and thought it was 50 cents, so told DH to use the exact change line. It was actually 75 cents and we were short. Were trying to dig up the rest. Ended up 5 cents short because we had cars honking at us. Finally get to resort. We go out to DTD west end and are walking around. A bird poops on DD's head. :eek: She was really embarrassed, but got over it. Get back to resort and find out I didn't pack any pj's. Had to go to the store to get some.

If DD's friend didn't already know us that well, I am sure she would have never gone with us again.

All good stories! :lmao:

If you would like to read more Embarassing moments, here is an already established thread on the subject

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1418509

As well as Funniest comments heard thread #1 (now closed)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=693927

and the continuation of it here (soon to be closed)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=693927

And for those with a little bit darker humour tendancies, The Fart thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=932946

All have quite a few good chuckles in them

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

My most embarrasing WDW moment was when I was doing the 2005 Disney 1/2 Marathon in January. I was going under the bridge that goes under Bay Lake after you go from the Parking lots that go into MK and you can go towards the Contemporary Hotel.

I decided to take a picture of the sign for the Marathon and got my camera out. As I jumped from the street to the sidewalk to get out of the mass of people in front of me, I tripped on the uneven sidewalk while looking up with the camera at the sign. I fell foward and scraped my arm and face.

Luckily I jumped up composed myself and started running again. Everyone was so nice asking if I needed help and was given bandaids by a really nice runner.

It was super embarrasing!

This summer at WDW we were walking past Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and I was stepping over a leaf... or what I thought was a leaf. All of a sudden it started to move, it was some kind of BIG bug and I started jumping all around and screaming. People we starring at me, my kids were laughing and my husband thought I lost my mind. My kids still joke about it with me.:rotfl:

A day and a half before my graduation trip in 2006, I fell down a flight of stairs on a dinner cruise, totally messing up my legs. It was so bad I was limping all around. While getting ready to board the flight to Orlando, we heard a large crack on the escalator - part of my friend's suitcase broke! Only..we didn't know this until we arrived in Orlando and she dropped it on my foot. Okay, I thought, it stings but I'll be alright. Ooooh, it's really stinging and my foot feels cold and wet, I think in the line for ME. My best friend Caitlin glances down and looks back up - "Natalie, do not look down!" So naturally I look down, around with half the people near us in the ME line - my white flipflop and right foot is literally covered in blood! Thankfully Caitlin whips out lime green (coincidentally!) Band-Aids, and we try with the help of some moms to clean up. All the families are now staring at me as I drag along, and finally, after lots of effort, ready to board the bus. But - ouch! My left leg has a bone dent in the shin from two days before (and it's still there..) and now my right foot is bleeding profusely! I take a limp up, and bam! Onto my butt I go!! I finally crawl into the ME bus, completely wrecked. Another guest who was already seated with crutches even offered them to me, saying I need them more than he did, and he was casted! All in all, it was just a mess and quite embarassing as all these people must have thought I was a bumbling mess, which is what I definitely looked like!

A close runner-up is the time I went to pose on the edge of the fountain in front of Spaceship Earth and barely avoided falling in! The two little old ladies next to me couldn't stop laughing at me the whole five minutes I was there!!

Or..the time, all on the same trip, when my friends were getting FPs for Little Mermaid. I'd been up since the day before (different story!) and hadn't eaten much at 1900 Park Fare. We'd done RnR twice in a row, and suddenly I wasn't so stable anymore. I clutched the metal rail and tried to warn my friends I needed help - I was already banged up, I didn't need a cracked skull! They never heard me, and I slumped over the railing. I came to with parents surrounding me, kids looking horrified, and a father who must have made sure I didn't crack open my head! My friends still had no idea until they turned around and there I was, splayed all over the floor. In a dress. Facing the public. :scared:

Oh..Did I mention this was all with a terrible eye allergy? Yes, the trip of 2006 was one for the embarassing memory books. :sick:

I want pictures!!! ;)

As I started to go up the steps to one of the park buses I somehow tripped and fell down sprawled inclined up the bus steps. My friend is helping me to get up and the bus driver looks down at me and in a very calm voice asks if "I had a nice trip and if they would see me next fall?" Of course the people in the front of the bus start snickering.

Worse than that however, I was at EPCOT with my ex and we are in the holding area before you walk into the theater for Honey I Shrunk the Audience. The crowd is pushing in and I wanted to make sure that we didn't get separated, so I reached behind me to grab his hand without looking back. Well I guess we had already gotten slightly separated because next thing I knew I was holding the hand of a total stranger. He was very nice about it, but I was turning red and finally spot ex over to the side and behind him. :rolleyes:

My most embarrasing moment was stealing from San Angel in Mexico...

My DF and I had a meal at San Angel and at the end I went to the bathroom. I came back and then he went. When he came back we picked up our bags and left.

We got to the middle of the marketplace and I thanked him for dinner. He looked at me and said 'No, thank you.' I thought he had paid and he thought I'd paid and neither of us had. We turned back towards the restaurant and a very annoyed looking waiter was pointing us out to the front of house lady.

We explained what had happened and everything was ok, but I'm not sure the waiter believed us.

Funny thing was, the following year we got the same waiter and I'm sure he remembered!

A day and a half before my graduation trip in 2006, I fell down a flight of stairs on a dinner cruise, totally messing up my legs. It was so bad I was limping all around. While getting ready to board the flight to Orlando, we heard a large crack on the escalator - part of my friend's suitcase broke! Only..we didn't know this until we arrived in Orlando and she dropped it on my foot. Okay, I thought, it stings but I'll be alright. Ooooh, it's really stinging and my foot feels cold and wet, I think in the line for ME. My best friend Caitlin glances down and looks back up - "Natalie, do not look down!" So naturally I look down, around with half the people near us in the ME line - my white flipflop and right foot is literally covered in blood! Thankfully Caitlin whips out lime green (coincidentally!) Band-Aids, and we try with the help of some moms to clean up. All the families are now staring at me as I drag along, and finally, after lots of effort, ready to board the bus. But - ouch! My left leg has a bone dent in the shin from two days before (and it's still there..) and now my right foot is bleeding profusely! I take a limp up, and bam! Onto my butt I go!! I finally crawl into the ME bus, completely wrecked. Another guest who was already seated with crutches even offered them to me, saying I need them more than he did, and he was casted! All in all, it was just a mess and quite embarassing as all these people must have thought I was a bumbling mess, which is what I definitely looked like!

A close runner-up is the time I went to pose on the edge of the fountain in front of Spaceship Earth and barely avoided falling in! The two little old ladies next to me couldn't stop laughing at me the whole five minutes I was there!!

Or..the time, all on the same trip, when my friends were getting FPs for Little Mermaid. I'd been up since the day before (different story!) and hadn't eaten much at 1900 Park Fare. We'd done RnR twice in a row, and suddenly I wasn't so stable anymore. I clutched the metal rail and tried to warn my friends I needed help - I was already banged up, I didn't need a cracked skull! They never heard me, and I slumped over the railing. I came to with parents surrounding me, kids looking horrified, and a father who must have made sure I didn't crack open my head! My friends still had no idea until they turned around and there I was, splayed all over the floor. In a dress. Facing the public. :scared:

Oh..Did I mention this was all with a terrible eye allergy? Yes, the trip of 2006 was one for the embarassing memory books. :sick:

I feel so bad for you! That must have been the worst day of your life! At least it's all over now. :)

This type of thread is a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it over there now.

I was getting the boys out of the pool at POFQ, one down-one to go. I was helping the 2nd son out when I heard laughing behind me. I turned around to see son #1 peeing in the bushes at the side of the pool. I was horrified and went over and pulled his trunks up mid stream. I apologized to the people sitting in the area and one guys says, "hey, at least he didn't go in the pool, like everyone else does..":rolleyes1

We scooted out of there ASAP!

We had been to WDW several times but it was our first time to DL that created an embarrassing moment for my mom and the rest of our family. My DH, DS (then 13), my parents and I took a trip to DL. Mom was in her mid-sixties at that point and had never been one to ride any sort of ride at an amusement park. Dad was much more daring much to mom's chagrin. We told her that she had to go on some rides while were at the park so she consented to go on the water ride and survived that. Feeling very proud of herself, she agreed to go on Mullholland's Madness (a very small rollarcoaster with little cars for those of you who haven't seen it.) Nothing to worry about. Since there were 5 of us and only 4 people fit into one car, DS volunteered to go by himself. He rides and comes off. Mom is freaking out in the line by this time and asks him if he was ok and tells him that she was so glad that he survived the ride. We all think she is just kidding and being funny. She asks DS how the ride was. He said it was fine, not bad at all. She says she's not so sure. We still think she is just kidding around. It's finally our turn to get on the ride and we load into the car. Mom and Dad are in the front seat and DH and I are in the back. We get to the first little hill and mom starts to scream.....while we are going UP the hill. She screams and screams. DH and I are laughing hysterically in the back seat. We go down the first hill and mom stops screaming. She says nothing. I lean over and say, "See this isn't so bad is it?" Nothing....no response at all. DH and I just look at each other. We get to the end of the ride and go to get off and mom is just sitting in the car. She can't move...she can't speak and tears are running down her face. It was then that we realize that she was terrified. She finally is able to get out of the car and starts screaming at us that she almost died on that ride. We looked at her trying not to laugh but she was dead serious. Then she found my DS and yelled at him for lying to her that the ride was ok when it clearly wasn't and she almost died. People were just staring at us! For the next two days she wouldn't speak to us, wouldn't go on anything and still to this day refers to that day as the day we almost killed her at Disney! DH, DS and I still laugh everytime we think of that ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter