Most Outrageous Complaint Overheard

triplejen said:
Not to quibble, but the part of that poster's story that you actually C&P'd refers to the shoes that were damaged as Nikes, not as Crocs. (I did not see the original post, so am just making the distinction between what you were paraphrasing and what you said you were actually quoting directly)
No, it's FINE to 'quibble'. That's not a quibble at ALL, it's a major and necessary correction to my retelling of the incident, and I appreciate it!!!! I confused the Nikes with all the reports of the dangers of Crocs on escalators.

Again, THANK YOU for the correction!!!!!

The shoes were damaged by Disney, and it is appropriate for her to have received some kind of restitution.
Well, here's where I disagree. The shoes were damaged by the escalatore manufacturer and the Guest's daughter. Yes, I do understand the escalator is on Disney property, but I'm willing to bet they don't maintain it. Also, there's no component of an escalator's tread that naturally attracts footwear; the wearer would have to have some part of the foot too close to an edge - either a side of the tread where it meets the wall, or nudge the toe in where the tread flattens out and goes under the floor, or at least have a loose lace.

"Why do I have to stand in line? Don't you know how much I spent on this vacation?"

"

:lmao: Every time I go I overhear some variation of this, and it always amazes me- do these people think that their money is more valuable than everyone elses? :confused3

(Please feel free to proceed with the Euro vs Dollar jokes :rotfl:)

The shoes were damaged by Disney, and it is appropriate for her to have received some kind of restitution.

The shoes were not damaged by Disney. Just because it happens on Disney property doesn't mean that Disney is in any way responsible.

When I was 5 or 6 years old, we were on an escalator at Sears. Somehow, I tripped at the bottom, and the hen of my dress got caught. My dad reached down, pulled the hem of the dress out of the escalator, and we went on with our day. It never would have occurred to them to ask Sears for a replacement dress. It was just one of those things that happens.

Hard as it is to believe nowadays, It wasn't a particularly traumatic event. I think the only reason I remember it at all is because it was my favorite dress. I was pretty irritated that it was ruined.

I think the big problem and the reason Disney is so eager to compensate people quickly, is because we live in a society of sue happy people. There are so many people in the world looking to sue for every little thing that happens. They spill hot coffee on themselves and sue because who would have thought coffee would be hot?? :confused3 This was semi off topic, but it definitely came to mind with this thread. It really is sad, imo.

I think the big problem and the reason Disney is so eager to compensate people quickly, is because we live in a society of sue happy people. There are so many people in the world looking to sue for every little thing that happens. They spill hot coffee on themselves and sue because who would have thought coffee would be hot?? :confused3 This was semi off topic, but it definitely came to mind with this thread. It really is sad, imo.

and if the coffee were cold, they would complain about that too!

My DH works in security. He hears complaints all day about stupid things. Everyone seems to have their hands out waiting for something.

I was in the supermarket one day and I slid on a grape that was on the floor and I feel on my knee. The manager saw this and quickly got me a chair to sit in and asked if I wanted medical attention. I told him no thank you. He said but your knee is bruising. I told him I would be ok. On my way out, some lady stopped me and said "if I were you I would sue them, they have money to burn" I just kept walking. Some customer probably dropped the grape, why should I blame the store?

OK...haven't read everything yet, but getting there. Thought I would share a good moment about those of us that don't scam Disney.

On our first trip with our kids, in April 2006, we had rented a double stroller for Epcot because it's hard for little ones (then almost 5 and 6) to walk around that park all day. Well, we had seen the cool piggy banks in the Mexican pavillion and on one of our last days we bought one and had my son's name put on it (my daughter decided she wanted something else - lest you think I'm a bad mom that gets something for one and not the other :)). Anyhow...we were walking around WS and I placed the bag with the piggy bank on top of the stroller. It must not have been centered because it promptly fell and broke into a million pieces (we heard the dull thud because it was wrapped in tissue paper). My son and I broke into hysterics....me because I was upset with myself (I was the one who put the bag on top of the stroller) and him because he thought he lost a piggy bank. Well, my wonderful DH ran back to Mexico to get another one. DS was happy, but I was still feeling bad.....I couldn't believe I had been that careless! But we just purchased another one. I would never be one of the people of demanded Disney "make it right" when the mistake was my own! Geesh!

Anyway....thought I would share a story of a person/family who actually didn't bilk Disney but owned up to the problem themselves.

Everyone have a great day!

and if the coffee were cold, they would complain about that too!

My DH works in security. He hears complaints all day about stupid things. Everyone seems to have their hands out waiting for something.

I was in the supermarket one day and I slid on a grape that was on the floor and I feel on my knee. The manager saw this and quickly got me a chair to sit in and asked if I wanted medical attention. I told him no thank you. He said but your knee is bruising. I told him I would be ok. On my way out, some lady stopped me and said "if I were you I would sue them, they have money to burn" I just kept walking. Some customer probably dropped the grape, why should I blame the store?

I commend you on that. It is a shame people are that way, them they complain about the price of the gifts,food, lodging ect. they want. These people effect everyone... from having to be exposed to they greed alway down to the cost of OUR gifts, food , and lodging. They need to be told NO!

Hi , whilst you are talking about suing culture, the last time we were in Florida 2 years ago with friends we had went to Friendlys on I drive, one of the waitresses dropped a glass which broke and some of the glass landed on my friends' teenage daughter which cut her leg, not badly but enought to need a wipe etc, the manager was over like a shot , furious at the waitress etc, apologising profusely saying he would take care of everything , their meal was free and when they left he gave them his home telephone number and mobile number and to call him immediately if there was a problem etc and she needed to go to hospital. my friend kept saying it was ok and not to worry it wouldnt be necessary and that he wanted to pay for the meal, manager wouldnt let him. Its such a shame that is the type of world we live in that people are afraid of being sued.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter