Most Relaxing Resort?

reking96

Mouseketeer
Hey Guys!!

I have a trip booked in April at CRB. But I've been thinking about adding two more nights onto the end of my trip just to relax at a resort. I'm an adult solo traveler, so I really don't have any restrictions. I have stayed at a Values, Mods and Deluxe during my past stays. I was just wondering in your opinion, of relaxing resort days ... which resort would you pick?

Thanks!! I look forward to your recommendations! =)

POR would be a good choice, as there are so many paths you could wander around. Plus they have bike rentals, a nice themed pool and quiet pools in every area. And if you get bored you can take the boat to Disney Springs, which is always a relaxing ride.

I agree with the POR suggestion. It's lovely, quiet and the boat to DS is nice!

On the deluxe level, I would consider WL or AKL. They are, IMHO, the least chaotic and quietest of the deluxes (and are typically cheaper than the others). I could sit in the WL lobby for hours!

I agree with the POR suggestion. It's lovely, quiet and the boat to DS is nice!

On the deluxe level, I would consider WL or AKL. They are, IMHO, the least chaotic and quietest of the deluxes (and are typically cheaper than the others). I could sit in the WL lobby for hours!

POR / POFQ aren't available! they were my first choice!! I love those resorts.
Just curious ... between the two deluxe, which would you pick? It's probably between those two and OKW. Thanks!!

WL. The geyser and grounds are so relaxing . Don't forget the lobby. My 13yo can just sit there forever.

If you want to relax, I can't think of any place more relaxing at Disney than sitting on a savanna room balcony and watching the animals. Bonus is that Boma and Jiko are great TS and the Mara is a good QS. Lots of interesting CMs from a number of nations to talk to and a stunning lobby to enjoy. I'm one who doesn't understand the desire to sit in a lobby as a rule but at AKL I will confess that I like to spend time looking at the exhibits and just enjoying the ambiance.

Last edited:

Both WL and AKL have great amenities. Would you get a savanna view at AKL? I can spend a long time looking out watching the animals. They do have many public view areas too. The pool is beautiful, I enjoy the food options there and you can walk over to Kidani for further exploration.

WL is also fabulous. They have 2 nice pools. The villa pool has just been redone. You can also walk over to Ft W by the walking path, it takes you near the stables. I enjoy walking thru the stables looking at the beautiful horses. Once they were getting Cinderella’s carriage ready with the white horses. Then outside are the pony pens. They are fun to walk thru too. There’s usually a CM that’s all to happy to talk about the ponies.
Then you can go wander over to Trails End, love their breakfast. They also have a take out window. Across the way is the resort shop to peruse. Heading toward the lake they have a beach if you want to relax a bit and enjoy the views. Then take the boat back to WL. Or if you’re into more exploring take the boat over to CR. Explore away then hop monorail to Poly, enjoy a Dole whip! Have a drink from the excellent bar by Ohana, after checking out Poly either stroll along the lake path or monorail to GF. If you time it right the piano player will be there in the lobby. I can sit in GF lobby for ages people watching. Lots of shops to explore. Stroll around the beautiful grounds.
Then when you’re ready to return to WL take monorail to either MK or CR to boat back to WL.
Can you tell I’ve done this a time or 2? Lol.

Everyone!!! This is great information and feedback. So many things I've never thoughts about!

AKL

My fave part of AKL is wandering around the halls and lobby during early mornings with a cup of coffee before my kids awake. There are several mini-exhibits and it's so beautiful. Plus the animals. I also like the pool area - it feels lush.

AKL was the most relaxing stay I've ever had. You just can't beat watching the savanna view, in the morning, with your cup of coffee.

Just curious if you have ever stayed at WL? We love it for the relaxing atmosphere. We have considered AKL, but the distance is what has always kept us from it.

Just curious if you have ever stayed at WL? We love it for the relaxing atmosphere. We have considered AKL, but the distance is what has always kept us from it.

The only park AKL is "far" from is MK. AKL is the same distance from every other park/destination as WL and the other MK area resorts.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter