• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most ridiculous argument you have ever had?

When I was four Argued with my brother so I could watch Bozo and then the lights in the eastern seaboard went out November 9, 1965 All because I couldn't watch Bozo.

Timely question. My husband and I just had an argument over whether or not marine mammals breastfeed. Duh... Of course they do. There were sources to cite and videos to show him. It was all very dramatic :rotfl:

My kids have really dumb ones. The most recent was whether or not "pap smear" could be considered a bad word if you're using it as an insulting name.

I couldn't decide what was more irritating, the fact that my son knew enough about it use it as an insult? That he used it AS AN INSULT? ...or that my kids were legit screaming at one another over it.

My husband does NOT keep his underwear and socks in the top drawer of his dresser. No matter how many times I insist he's wrong, he won't listen.
:eek: Wait - what?? Nobody doesn't keep their socks and underwear in the top drawer, nobody. You're making this up Red. :sad2:

My stupidest fight? Easy! When DH and I were newlyweds, what started as a light-hearted, hypothetical conversation devolved into a knock-down-drag-out fight about whether or not it would be OK for him to fly a mission on the Space Shuttle. (No, my DH is not an astronaut...:rotfl:)

DH and I once had a ridiculous argument about time travel. It was so asinine that I can't even remember what the exact issue was, but it was something about traveling back and forth in time and how you would age or if someone from the past would know you in present time or something. It was so silly at one point I yelled, "WHY ARE WE EVEN ARGUING ABOUT THIS?????"

Trying to explain that 12 noon is pm and that 12am is midnight.
It was not happening.
They said it was the other way around. I gave up.

When I taught first grade years ago there was a little boy in my class that was pretty head strong. I was teaching the concept of “ borrowing from the tens place” when subtracting. He did not understand right away so I tried several different ways to teach the concept. I drew pictures, used manipulatives, etc.... this went on for some time. Eventually he told me that you could take the top number away from the bottom number instead of borrowing. I tried to explain why that was not correct. He finally told me he did not like to borrow, he did not believe in borrowing and he would never, ever borrow!!!! He completed the sheet for homework and returned it the next day “ borrow free!”:P To this day I wonder if he ever leaned to borrow.

When I was a little girl, I was once argued w/ my Dad over what the state capital of Georgia is. I insisted, to the point of tears, that it was Augusta & not really Atlanta.

W/ DH, I can't even remember what the argument was about, but it ended w/ me throwing a plastic spatula off our deck & into the woods. And I wasn't throwing the spatula in anger - it was to prove some point.

When I was a little girl, I was once argued w/ my Dad over what the state capital of Georgia is. I insisted, to the point of tears, that it was Augusta & not really Atlanta.

W/ DH, I can't even remember what the argument was about, but it ended w/ me throwing a plastic spatula off our deck & into the woods. And I wasn't throwing the spatula in anger - it was to prove some point.
That spatulas can fly with a little bit of pixie dust?:confused3

:eek: Wait - what?? Nobody doesn't keep their socks and underwear in the top drawer, nobody. You're making this up Red. :sad2:
)

I swear it's so!!!

His top drawer has T-shirts, both plain white and colors with logos and designs. Socks and underwear are relegated to the second drawer.

We didn't live together first, so this came as quite a shock. If I had know in advance it might have been a deal breaker!!! ::yes::

I swear it's so!!!

His top drawer has T-shirts, both plain white and colors with logos and designs. Socks and underwear are relegated to the second drawer.

We didn't live together first, so this came as quite a shock. If I had know in advance it might have been a deal breaker!!! ::yes::
We didn't live together first either, but that kind of thing should come up in pre-martial counselling.

I am guilty into piling into all of the threads on Disboards debating which is better, Disneyland or Disneyworld.... I love to fan the flames.... The obvious answer is they are both great.

I swear it's so!!!

My DD6 reorganized her dresser. It is now top drawer "tops", middle drawer "bottoms" and bottom drawer, undies and swimsuits. She said, "Tops go in the top drawer." I said, why don't bottoms go in the bottom. She looked at me and said, "Because underwear goes on your bottom first."

I had no response.

2015 trip, Husband not happy with his color "red" magic band. Complains he is stuck with a red band for the whole trip when he would have preferred a "cooler" color like orange. Why? I guess because he doesn't like red and orange is a more manly color? Why didn't I know this? Well, me, the planner, ASKED him when I placed the order what color he wanted. At the time he said he didn't care. So I said, ok, how about red? He said fine. I reminded him of this conversation. Since husband leaves all the planning to me, of course he didn't really pay attention to the conversation and didn't get that he would have to be wearing his red magic band the whole trip. Fast forward to this year's trip, he will be pleased to see the magic bands arrive in a few weeks and his is indeed orange

I'll be the arbiter of this one: If you are Canadian, you do not (Newfoundlanders notwithstanding).

It’s funny, in all my years of doing CSR work, I’ve been asked if I’m from Newfoundland, and also if I’m American. I also am pegged as Canadian every time I say about (I don’t think I say aboot). I do think I may have a bit of an accent due to the fact my dad has an Australian accent and my mom has a weird hybrid accent from everywhere she’s lived over the years..kinda Australian, South African, British all mixed into one. I still tease her to say water (hers sounds like woota)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter