most rudest, ignorant, disgusting thing at WDW

Originally posted by ZerasPride
I've got a story that would definitely fall into the "disgusting" category.

My son and I were sitting in the Muppets 3D theatre waiting for the show to begin. There was a seat separating us from the next family. I don't know what made my son and I look over at the dad in this family (probably because he was squirming around in his seat). He proceeded to reach down inside his shorts/underwear and pull something out. I kind of got upset because it looked for a minute like he was doing something obscene to himself with my son practically next to him.

The "item" that he pulled out of his shorts/underwear was wrapped in a plastic baggie - he had crunched up crackers in the baggie and proceeded to eat them!!!! We were so grossed out at what he had done! When the dad finished his smuggled in "snack", he put them back where they came from and gave us a "what are you staring at look" as he adjusted the baggie inside his shorts/underwear.

My son and I will never ever forget that!!!! I know Disney charges outrageous prices for food, but if the day ever comes when I feel I have to sneak in food in my underwear, we'll find somewhere else to vacation!

Lisa
DVC HH 2001

:eek: Yuck!!
That is a classic though :D
I have to ask why he would put the empty plastic back and wouldn't it be uncomfortable?

Apart from my previous thread with the Ignorant chap, I remember my first vist to the World about 5 years ago, Me and my Nephew where lined up outside the BTMRR, when i heard the foulest language I have ever heard! Now dont get me wrong i have served in the Miltary and can turn the air blue with the best of em! But there is a time and place for such comments and anywhere in Disney with loads of Kiddies around is not one of the places! When i turned to see who was polluting my airwaves I found it to be two girls who couldnt have been older then 15, Noone said anything until this cute little girl in the line said to her mum really loudly " Those are naughty words mummy" Which her mum replied "Yes they are dear" The little girl then says "But i thought you said only dumb people use them words?" We never heard another peep from our Vocab-Challenged friends :)

We saw a woman offering assistance to her boy, he was maybe three, while he urinated on the castle at Disneyland Paris. They were just to the right of the path where you can enter the castle courtyard from the side. I can understand if a child that small absolutely cannot hold it and there are no bathrooms close enough that you might discreetly find a place somewhere far from the crowd. But to allow him to pee on the castle wall? My husband took a picture then reprimanded the woman.

This past Christmas season, we were parking one morning at one of the parks (I think it may have been MGM, but it doesn't matter) and for some reason there was only one CM directing traffic. This poor CM was trying to tell people to walk towards the tram down the aisle with the ALREADY-PARKED cars, but everyone was just looking at him like he was invisible, and continued walking down the aisle with the cars that were IN THE PROCESS OF PARKING! Just moseying along, holding up traffic as these poor families in their cars were trying to avoid the many people in the aisle, and park their cars without hitting any pedestrians in the process.

My family and I were the only ones walking down the aisle of already-parked cars, and we were trying to help the poor CM by telling people to walk where we were walking, but everyone ignored us, too! We were all shocked at the ignorance of all the other people. And the sad part is, if someone had gotten hit by a car attempting to park, they would have blamed Disney!

I'll never forget the desperation in that poor, frustrated CM's voice as he implored again and again, "Folks, PLEASE, for your OWN SAFETY, walk on the side of the PARKED CARS!"

Originally posted by mrsapalm
He was an older man wearing short red shorts and no underlovelies.

The guy is awful, but I wanted to say I love that term "underlovelies"! I've never heard that before, it's really cute! :)

My #1 complaint is the smoking. :rolleyes: People will smoke anywhere they please, even right in front of a no smoking sign. It really bothers me. :(

On our last trip to WDW we were waiting out in front of Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin and a lady started smoking right next to our double stroller! :mad: She was practically blowing the smoke right on my kids. :( So dh turns to her and says, "Excuse me, this is a no smoking area". She grins a really nasty grin and says, "What are you gonna do about it?". :eek: So dh walks over to the CM who is taking fast passes and tells him. Then the CM walks over to the lady and tells her to put out the cigarette! ;) She was super pi$$ed! LOL :cool:

I wish all of WDW would become smoke free.

We were in line for Buzz last week and there were probalby 10 people in back of us, when a man and lady drove up on the mororized wheelchairs(the ones that they rent there) well they just kept going right past everyone, the were with the two ladies in front of us, well ok so they were all toghether, well they kept trying to get thru the line back and forth and kept rolling over everyone in front and in back of them, the lady behind me was just going to tell them that she thought that they didn't have to go thru the regular line that a CM would take them ahead if they were disables, when the man and lady that were originally in the chairs got up and the other two ladies got in and started to ride on them, it was very obvious than that none of them needed the chairs they were just lazy.

Also at the pool there was a couple with a little girl maybe about 2 or 3, and the lifeguard mentioned to them that the little girl looked like she was getting sun burn, and they got mad at the lifeguard and told him to mind his own business.

Let me first say that DH and I are both smokers. We really appreciate the designated smoking sections because we don't feel so bad smoking there. But when we were there in Dec., we saw people smoking all over the place. I never saw any CMs tell them to butt out either.

Some of these stories are so sad they are funny!

I also hate large groups of people who all have to walk side by side really slowly.

starshine73, that reminds me of another one. The "stroller steamroller". When a group of people, all with strollers, walk side by side. If you don't get out of their way, they'll run you over!!! :eek: Or if they don't move fast enough, they hold everybody up b/c you can't get around them!! :eek:

He wasn't being rude to me, but he was sure rude to his family. He was a typical exec type who felt the need to check in with the office. I got to listen to his conversation for over 30 minutes and most of it was not about business. His family tolerated it, but you could tell it wasn't unusual. The little boys kept telling each other, "Sh! Remember, you have to wait until's Dad's off the phone before you can talk." Poor things.

Speaking of strollers.....I HATE the double strollers! Why can't they make them one seat in front of the other? They take up so much room.
I also can't stand the rude people who push you aside, then have the nerve to say "excuse me" while they're knocking you to the ground. Like I have a choice??

starshine73 - I totally agree with you! I see people smoking all over the place and CM's never say a word. My dh thinks it's because so many people from Europe come to WDW for vacation and Disney doesn't want to pi$$ them off by telling them to put out their cigarettes. :rolleyes: I don't know if I believe that... but I do think something is up!

I really hate it when people with strollers don't pay attention to where they are going and run into my legs. Geez, I'd probably move if they just asked, but no, they have to use the strollers like a battering ram!

Now I know that all of you stroller packing mamas are not like this, but it just takes a few, ya know!

We were staked out on the curb at MGM. My two DS's.... ages 2 and 4 years at the time.... were sitting on the curb with my sister and I standing directly behind them- definitely close enough to tell that the children were with us. Some lady pushes her way between the two of us and the kids and just stood there like that was her reserved place to view the parade.

Never one to be shy, I just blurted out "I don't THINK so!" Like I am going to let a complete stranger stand between me and my two year old at a WDW parade!

She turned around and yelled that I did not need to be so rude and stomped off in a huff. Everyone in our general area got a good laugh out of that one and I heard that line repeated more than once. ;) It made the last few minutes before the parade fly by!

One of the rudest things happened to me while watching the parade at AK. I was sitting on one of the concrete walls waiting for the parade to start. When it did I decided to stand on the wall so I could see over the people in front of me. While I was standing there a woman came over and decided to sit down, right on my feet and also the foot of the lady standing next to me. She sat there until I asked her to leave.

On our way to EE for Disney Studios, the bus from WL had to stop at the Polynesian to pick up guests. An older man in an electric wheel chair needed to board first, but there was a mechanical problem with the chair lift on the bus. After many tries, it finally worked. In all, the process took an extra 15 minutes or so. It didn't seem to bother anyone except for this one rude lady. She was standing in the back of the bus, near the gentleman in the wheelchair and said VERY loudly "Well, so much for early entry. Thank you!" The man heard her. I really wish I had the courage to snap back at her, but I really didn't want to start a brawl on the bus. It gets worse. When we pulled up to the Studios entrance, she pushed her way to the man, stood in front of him, and said "Since you held us up getting her, I would like to leave first to avoid any more holdups!" Some guests put her in her place as she walked out of the bus with some choice phrases. It really ruined my whole day to witness that woman's lack of compassion and sensitivity. The man made a good display of showing it did not upset him, but I'm sure he was devastated inside. I know I was.

:p I'm actually rolling on the floor reading some of these posts! It's a good thing we all have a sense of humor and can laugh about the rude and obnoxious behavior!

The guy with the crackers in the Muppet movie takes the cake!
EEEEWWWWW Yuck!:eek:

I don't want to offend you all (or start a debate) with this but I was surprised by these two acts of "discipline".

One was at the bus stop at ASMu. There was a teen girl and her little brother who were annoying each other. Mom had had enough and grabbed the girl and went behind the wall and we could hear the girl pleading and getting slapped. Did I mention the mom's arm was in a cast? :rolleyes: Then they came back, kid crying, and someone said something to the mom. She responded "No one can ever say New Jersians aren't afraid to spank their kids". The girl wasn't rubbing her behind.

Another was at MGM, we heard a loud smack all the way across the front entrance and looked over. We saw a woman and her two daughters, all red headed and fair, and all very sunburnt, and the teen aged daughter was holding her arm. The mom was saying something in another language and the girl was howling. I couldn't believe she smacked the girl on her burn. As they turned and walked away I noticed the mom was wearing cut offs, and her buns were hanging WELL below. Yuck.

Don't know where this fits.

So me and my family wer on the bus from MK to CSR. These 2 familes walk on, all toger they had 5 kids: 3 small girls and 2 small boys. So the kids take the front, they go to the back. During the ride, the youngest girl (probably around 4, maybe pushing 5), falls asleep. So instead of the mother getting the girl, she yells to her kids "DONT LET HER FALL!". Wouldn't you want to get your kid? Meanwhile, they are talking about drinks and booze, pools, and other adult topics I cannot mention.

Skimpy clothes on those ladies also.

Originally posted by gumdrop
On our way to EE for Disney Studios, the bus from WL had to stop at the Polynesian to pick up guests. An older man in an electric wheel chair needed to board first, but there was a mechanical problem with the chair lift on the bus. After many tries, it finally worked. In all, the process took an extra 15 minutes or so. It didn't seem to bother anyone except for this one rude lady. She was standing in the back of the bus, near the gentleman in the wheelchair and said VERY loudly "Well, so much for early entry. Thank you!" The man heard her. I really wish I had the courage to snap back at her, but I really didn't want to start a brawl on the bus. It gets worse. When we pulled up to the Studios entrance, she pushed her way to the man, stood in front of him, and said "Since you held us up getting her, I would like to leave first to avoid any more holdups!" Some guests put her in her place as she walked out of the bus with some choice phrases. It really ruined my whole day to witness that woman's lack of compassion and sensitivity. The man made a good display of showing it did not upset him, but I'm sure he was devastated inside. I know I was.

Geez, Don't they know that while wheelchairs are the first on they are also the last off. And waht a rude person. Poor guy couldn't help the lift wasn't working. Being deaf has it's advantages. If I don't want to know what they are saying I can just ignore them. I just won't lipread them and sign "sorry, I'm deaf."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter