• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most unmagical thing that has happened to you at WDW

AxlRose330

Helping Twilight Sparkle win the crown since 2013
We were in DTD one day at Goofy's Candy Co. We had just left once upon a toy and when we were there me my brother and our friend bought some of the powder sticks. Well we were standing by the entrance of the candy shop while someone in a party was paying for jelly beans. And then the manager came up and told us that we could go pay for our Candy Sticks whenever we were ready. I realize that he was just trying to do his job but we felt kinda like we had been profiled. I have long hair and was wearing an Iron Maiden shirt. My brother has long hair and was wearing a band t shirt and our friend has kinda long black hair and was wearing a *********** shirt. Its not too bad because Im kinda used to it but I was just wondering what the most UN-Magical thing that has ever happened to people while in the most magical place on earth.

Probaly the most un-magical things are the rude/disrepecting people who always plan on being there when we are at WDW!! It is not always the kids with long hair...(haha), it is the so called adults who are the pushy ones!!! I can understand the kids (with long hair) having fun and being goofy :joker: , but the parents who think they are intitled to be in front of you, that there is no one else waiting in line but them, or the one who use the foreigner card to get away with whatever they want! That to me is unmagical! Now don't get me wrong, not all people are like this, just a select few that plan their trip when we are there!!:mic: OK, off my soap box!!

Probaly the most un-magical things are the rude/disrepecting people who always plan on being there when we are at WDW!! It is not always the kids with long hair...(haha), it is the so called adults who are the pushy ones!!! I can understand the kids (with long hair) having fun and being goofy :joker: , but the parents who think they are intitled to be in front of you, that there is no one else waiting in line but them, or the one who use the foreigner card to get away with whatever they want! That to me is unmagical! Now don't get me wrong, not all people are like this, just a select few that plan their trip when we are there!!:mic: OK, off my soap box!!

I couldn't agree with you more. We went do the Magic Kingdom when my daughter was 4 months old and I have never encountered such rudeness from the ADULTS as I did then. It made our entire day miserable. We got cut in front of, pushed out of the way and basically told tough, I'm next, many times that day. Amazingly enough, I held my tongue the entire day. This year when we go, I may not be so lucky though. I'm back to working with the general public and my patience level is not so high anymore. So, I'll probably end up telling someone off during our vacation....lol!!

Another one that happened to us didnt really involve me but it happened to a friend of mine. We were going into Mickey's Philarmagic and we were going into the row of seats that we were going to sit in and right before we got in the row some guy ebows my friend in the face to get in front of her. Then like 4-6 other people hurried in behind him. My brother was like "really? you are just gonna elbow people?" Then the guys wife turned around and said in a rather hostile manner "Well we have kids". Its not like the theater was absolutley packed, its a 3-d movie so you will see it the same way no matter where you sit. And it kinda bothered us because we always catered to people with kids when we were there. We gave up our seats on the monorail at night when there were familys with young sleepy children so the could sit. So that was pretty lame.

Another one that happened to us didnt really involve me but it happened to a friend of mine. We were going into Mickey's Philarmagic and we were going into the row of seats that we were going to sit in and right before we got in the row some guy ebows my friend in the face to get in front of her. Then like 4-6 other people hurried in behind him. My brother was like "really? you are just gonna elbow people?" Then the guys wife turned around and said in a rather hostile manner "Well we have kids". Its not like the theater was absolutley packed, its a 3-d movie so you will see it the same way no matter where you sit. And it kinda bothered us because we always catered to people with kids when we were there. We gave up our seats on the monorail at night when there were familys with young sleepy children so the could sit. So that was pretty lame.

Seriously, that is not a valid thing to say at DISNEY WORLD!! Most everyone there has kids, you think that makes you special??? NOOO!!! Common courtesy as well as common sense does not exsist in this world anymore and that is the sad part.

This couldn't be better timed! With the generous support of the disboards webmaster, Pete, I'm working on a piece for my own website (linked in my signature) that is all about rudeness at Walt Disney World. If it can be said that one is "looking forward to" hearing more such tales, I guess I am... as wrong as that sounds!

In all of our trips we have only had two things to happen that really stands out to me as people being nothing but rude.

The first one was at Test Track, while exiting the preshow. A group of teen girls rushed the crowd trying to be the first ones out and they were actually pushing people out of their way, including my youngest child and it didn't sit well with me. They were also laughing about it while in line. I was so mad, but what do you do? I was not about to let it ruin my day.

The second was one night just before Wishes started. Main street was packed and we were coming from Adventure land, around by Casey's Corner when a tourist from another country rushed into the back of my little girl hitting her with his stroller. The people were bottle necked, you could hardly move yet he forced his way around us, making my DH livid. He continued to rush people with my DH hot on his trail. He got all of the way down Mainstreet, mind you that his poor wife was trying to keep up with him this whole time, and turned around just in time to watch Wishes. It was insane that he did all of that to then stop and watch the show. We couldn't believe it, but I was happy about one thing, and that is the fact that he did not know English, because my DH fussed at him for hurting our child. :blush:

Once I had a small mouse/mickey mouse run through my legs by Downtown Disney. Very freaky.

My husband is invisibly disabled. One thing he cannot do is stand up while in motion, such as stand on the bus. Too many times I have had to listen to people make comments -- loudly -- because he hasn't given up his seat for them. I'm sorry, but if you don't want to have to stand on a bus, then wait for the next bus to come -- which is what we do.

The thing which gets me the most is when people are told to move down to the end of the rows and just don't, they stop half way along because it's got the 'best viewing area', despite the majority of the shows being 3D so viewable from anywhere. What makes it ten times worse is half of them pushed through to get into the theatre first in the first place and then glare at you when you try and tell them to move up or try and get round them to fill up the empty seats!

Another major annoyance are tour groups, I don't mind the groups so much, I find it's the tour group leaders which are the worst. We were once in the Muppets 3D pre-show area when all of a sudden I was literally knocked to my feet by the umbrella of a leader of was literally clearing a gap with it, whilst at the same time he pushed his hoard of about 50 through into a gap which fitted a maximum of 10, all because it was near the front. I didn't even get an apology either, just a small smirk and something in Spanish.

Our most memorable WDW moment was when we were at AK and my DS (8 at the time) wanted to go on Rock n Roller coaster. End of a very long day, and it was magic hrs. Well the line was over a 2 hr wait. DM and DH said no way! To me nothing is worth waiting for over an hour. There is always next trip! Well DS was upset but understood because he was even getting tired. So he asked if he could go to the shop next to the ride to buy a tee shirt. We said sure. Here comes the magic part!!!!!! As he was checking out the cashier asked him if he liked the ride. OK, still with me? My DS with a small tear said that he wasn't able to ride because the line was way too long and his little sister was tired. DD was 6 at the time. Well the Disney worker said this is your lucky day come with me dad and son. He took them to the back of the store and came out at the beginning of the line. He told them to wait there. He got one of the workers at the ride who put them on the next train in the first car.
Totally amazing!!!! That was our magical moment!!!! He was the happiest little guy in the "World" that night.
This is one of our many stories and memories we have made at Disney. One my DS will NEVER forget!

My DH a true southern gentleman and will always give up his seat on the bus for women or children or the elderly. One day we had gotten on the bus first and had secured seats well as you know the busses get very full with many people standing. A lady and her child came on the bus and of course my DH offered his seat to her and the child. She was of hispanic origin and maybe she did not speak English but he got no thank you and then when it was time to get off the bus she basically pushed him to get off sooner. Even if you don't speak English a nod of acknowlegement is enough. I saw alot of that on our trip. I guess people from the south have much better manners than others. :sad:

My 6 year old daughter is a beautiful outgoing little girl, she does professional modeling & I am a seamstress so I make her tons of disney themed outfits and hairbows to wear on our trips.....oh and she is Autistic. She has Asperger's syndrome, so she is verbal & highly friendly...to a fault. She does not understand boundaries or social cues/appropriateness. She also has many sensory issues and can become overstimulated very easily, which can result in her crying, flapping, spinning and just melting down.

Thankfully we are able to get her a Guest assistance card, so that when the lines become too long we are able to use the handicapped/fastpass entrance to limit her waiting in a crowded and overstimulated space. The RUDE comments and DIRTY looks that we have received over the past few trips is unbelievable. Because her disability is "invisible" and she is such a friendly and pretty girl people think we are liars and cheaters just in order to get on a ride faster. Believe me I would trade standing in 60 min+ lines for the rest of my life rather than have my daughter struggle through the years of therapies that she has had.

So next week when you see a pretty little 6 year old using a GAC give her a smile and say a little prayer for our family. :-)
(Sorry for my long rant, but I feel better now! LOL)
-Krysta

Ugh, this one was just last week. Slight back story first... I have had numerous surgeries on my right knee to correct a deformity. For the most part I have no problem with it, however, if it's cold out the multiple pins holding it together give me a lot of trouble.

Hubby and I stopped by MK for dinner on one of Florida's surprising cold snaps. We had only been in the park for about 2 hours when we decided to head home because the cold was really getting to my knee. I used a wheelchair to get to the front of the park, but for convenience sake, didn't bother at the monorail. I waited in line with the rest of the going home crowd and just missed a monorail, leaving me right next to the gate for the next one.

When it pulled up I stepped in and gratefully sat down. Because it was fairly crowded Hubby stood, but I still had to endure a barrage of "stage whispers" from one mom to her child telling him that some people where rude and wouldn't let a child sit down, and there was just nothing she could do about it. She kept giving me dirty looks and trying to get the other passengers in on it. This continued from the park to the TTC.

I was so furious getting off the monorail that I wanted to tell her off, but settled with her having to follow me down the ramp at my slow, pained pace to the courtesy chair that Hubby had fetched. When she passed me, I told her I hope she had a lovely night too! :mad:

My husband is invisibly disabled. One thing he cannot do is stand up while in motion, such as stand on the bus. Too many times I have had to listen to people make comments -- loudly -- because he hasn't given up his seat for them. I'm sorry, but if you don't want to have to stand on a bus, then wait for the next bus to come -- which is what we do.

This topic is being discussed on the podcast board recently. It is so horrid that ANYONE should have to go through that. Why can't people mind their own business?

My 6 year old daughter is a beautiful outgoing little girl, she does professional modeling & I am a seamstress so I make her tons of disney themed outfits and hairbows to wear on our trips.....oh and she is Autistic. She has Asperger's syndrome, so she is verbal & highly friendly...to a fault. She does not understand boundaries or social cues/appropriateness. She also has many sensory issues and can become overstimulated very easily, which can result in her crying, flapping, spinning and just melting down.

Thankfully we are able to get her a Guest assistance card, so that when the lines become too long we are able to use the handicapped/fastpass entrance to limit her waiting in a crowded and overstimulated space. The RUDE comments and DIRTY looks that we have received over the past few trips is unbelievable. Because her disability is "invisible" and she is such a friendly and pretty girl people think we are liars and cheaters just in order to get on a ride faster. Believe me I would trade standing in 60 min+ lines for the rest of my life rather than have my daughter struggle through the years of therapies that she has had.

So next week when you see a pretty little 6 year old using a GAC give her a smile and say a little prayer for our family. :-)
(Sorry for my long rant, but I feel better now! LOL)
-Krysta

She sounds like an amazing little girl! Why do people have to judge each other? I was taught from a very young age not to stare and not to make those kind of assumptions, however working with kids with special needs really made me see how horrid people can be! All my love!

Last summer we were waiting for a bus to Typhoon Lagoon from the Contemporary. It was about 3 in the afternoon and we were taking advantage of the evening extra magic hours.

Well our bus got to down town disney and the driver told us that it was the last stop as the bus was going out of service.

We were like "The sign on the bus says typhoon lagoon, why can't you just take us there and then go out of service?"

The bus driver very rudely told us to get off the bus and wait for another one.

We ended up waiting almost an hour for another bus.

The other thing is the people who have one person wait in line and then their entire family pushes their way through to the front of the line. For some reason this happens a lot on the Toy Story Mania ride.

However last month when we were there and this family pushed their way through. After a couple of minutes we could here screaming.

This lady toward the front of the line, was blocking the aisle with both arms screaming she did not care where the rest of their family was, she waited in line with her family and they should go to the back of the line because nobody else was going to push their way past her. The family finally gave up and left the line.

We all clapped for the lady that would not let them pass.

Fly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter