• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mother/Daughter trip

colaz

Earning My Ears
I just thought I'd say hello!

I wasn't certain if this would be more family or adult trip? I looked through the family threads and I saw more things for smaller kids. I am 21 years old and my mother is mid-40s, and we are both super excited :Pinkbounc We are going mid-December!

This will be my 4th trip to Disney world, but only the second that I can remember...somewhat clearly (the first one was when I was very little and the second one was when I was in middle school, the last one was in 2000...and that trip is already fading away lol). My mom and dad have gone to Disneyworld twice in the past two years! They are so cute! They went for their 25th anniversary, and ended up getting an annual pass and went the next winter also!

My mother loves Disney, and my dad more or less humors her... lol He enjoys it too, but not as much as my mom. I also have an older brother and sister, who are both married. My sister is going to have a baby in April. :love:

So, my mom is more or less a Disney expert by now lol. She has lived on the Disney site and bulletin boards for the past two years planning for trips, so I have a lot to learn to catch up!

I think we are going from December 17th through the 22nd, and we are staying at the Sports All Starts hotel! I think we are getting the meal plan Disney package (I can't remember what it is called...the middle one). As of right now it is just the two of us, but we will probably be leaving it up to anyone else in the family also.

I'm not sure how it started that we were going on this trip. I think this is kind of an end of my college experience celebration...even though next year is not exactly my last year. It will be my 4th though, but I'm going to college for another semester (for student teaching though, and I would have a harder time getting away). I'm going into elementary education, special education.

Ug, I am so excited and I still have so long to wait! :Pinkbounc

I see most people on here seem to be going this summer...

Hi! My 21 yr old DD and I are thinking about going to WDW in mid-May. She worked at WDW last year in their College Program, so I did go see her for a week during my spring break(I am a teacher of the visually impaired). I have also gone with my DH, and our family(including our 1 DS). My DD and I enjoy going to WDW together and are able to take on the parks at a leisurely rate. I would suggest that your mother and you would enjoy the afternoon tea held at GF. My sister and I took our mother this past Dec when the 3 of us went to WDW. It is a lovely time together and I think you would both enjoy it. You will need a PS for this. We usually get the Buckingham tea which costs around 17.50 per person.
Right now, I also plan on being at WDW Dec. 16-22. It all depends on what my school calendar is. The Tx Legislature is messing around in school calendars again and no telling what our Christmas vacation will be.

slimpaw,

Thank you so much for the information! I am not quite certain what you mean by a PA though...sorry still learning here.

The tea ideas sounds like a lot of fun. Ummmmmm could you tell me a bit more? $17 per person sounds kind of pricey...and I know everything is pretty pricey but what else does this entail?

That is really interesting that we are going to be there around the same time... cool!

My DD21 and I went on two trips this year and they were fabulous. The January trip, we rented DVC points and stayed at VWL. DS loves Cinderella so I got CRT PS's one morning and that was really fun. She got a picture with all the princesses. We love to spend one day at TL.

I know you'll have a wonderful time.

:cloud9:

nearlychildless...I'm guessing you aren't speaking to me? LOL...just wanted to make sure. I'm not from Texas (unless I misstated something in my post)...I'm from Iowa

newcomer...I'm sorry what does DVC...VWL... TL...actually all of the abrevations mean? Sorry!

:earsgirl: :earsgirl: hi my dm and I are complete Disney freaks! I'm 13 and my mother is in her mid 40's and when we go we're like 5-year-olds again! well, hope you have fun!
May all your trips be magical! :flower:

newcomer...I'm sorry what does DVC...VWL... TL...actually all of the abrevations mean? Sorry![/QUOTE]

DVC is Disney Vacation Club, VWL is Villas at Wilderness Lodge and TL is Typhoon Lagoon. I remember what is was like to be new here and know what a lot of the abbreviations mean. Here is a link to the page that gives most of them.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm

:earsgirl:

I'm in my late 40's and my 14year old DD and I are going together in early Dec. My husband will meet us there at the end of the week and we will leave on a cruise. I figure this is our chance to do lots of character meals and things he doesn't like to do. I hope she has as much fun with just the two of us as I will. I can't wait. Debby

A PS is priority seating. It is Disney language for reservation. For the sit down restaurants call ahead and book your PS, show up about 10 minutes ahead of this time and you will be given the first available table after those who checked in ahead of you.
The tea I usually buy includes a pot of tea(they will refill if needed), 4 or 5 tea sandwiches, scones with Devonshire cream, and a choice of pastries or a large bowl of strawberries with whipped cream. There are other choices on the tea menu as well. Prices start around $6 for ala carte choices.

Nearlychildless-The Tx legislature is trying to move the start date to after Labor Day. The house has voted on it and it now goes to the senate. They did this years ago late in the session after schools had set their calendars for the next year and all districts had to change their calendars during the summer. The next time they met they rescinded their original decision to start after Labor Day. If we go with after Labor Day next year, schools will have to cut length of holidays to still finish before June. Some Dallas area schools will not get out for Christmas until Dec. 22 already on the calendars they have published. I think schools will be able to apply to start before Labor Day but will pay a "fee/fine" to do so.

you will have a blast!

I would suggest renting points from a DVC member.

but in reality you just can't beat the Value resorts for price.

I just took my mother - she is 82 and I am 54....

if we had a good time - you know you will!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter