movies--are they that big a deal?

(Never said it was a primary need!)

Once one decides to "buy" a vacation, the term "good value" does exist. I did not invent the concept: even Tripadvisor has a "good value" option category (at least) when it comes to hotels.

We'll agree to disagree with the "subjective" part at least when it comes to the "good value" criteria. There is a certain base for every "service" offered* and you can compare them, compare prices and then decide which one are representing "good value".

(*service offered: in this case, a cabin with housekeeping on a cruise ship, going to different destinations, providing food and entertainment.)

The other components that lead to a decision regarding a choice of vacation are indeed subjective and very personal.

P.s.: Forgive my french, I did the best I could to explain what I meant.

Probably should have quoted the other person too, whoops on me.

Honestly whether a vacation is considered a splurge in life depends on many things. We live our life budgeting for travel and retirement (with travel figured in). Also a cruise to us that we keep to around 150 per person per night give or take a little is actually a bargain because we couldn’t do land based in the places we go near as cheap. We do write off airfare and hotel night before, don’t get me started on hotel prices, they are insane around cruise ports.

I work with people that make a lot more than us that are worse off financially, we make tough choices and may live a boring life to some, but the travel experiences make up for it, and those mdr nights are our trip to a decent restaurant.

Which back to the movie topic is a good reason to see a movie on board, we don’t pay extra for it:) Did just remember we saw that movie about a horse going to war and finding his previous owner also in the war after they were injured, great movie, man enough to admit may have shed a tear:) Wish I could remember the name.

Last edited:
Speaking of movies seen on DCL, the DVC Member cruise is going to get to see Christopher Robin TOMORROW!!! Now THAT is exciting! Thanks to bobbiwoz for letting us know on her thread about the member cruise! :cutie:

Tangential question - we're cruising in late October. Ant Man and the Wasp is (are?) in theatres now. Would anyone venture to guess the odds that this movie will be showing in the theatre aboard ship by that point?

Mark

Tangential question - we're cruising in late October. Ant Man and the Wasp is (are?) in theatres now. Would anyone venture to guess the odds that this movie will be showing in the theatre aboard ship by that point?

Mark
I think there is 100% chance it'll be on the ship in October. They generally show the most recent 6+ Disney movies. There is only 1 more movie coming out between now and late October--Christopher Robin on 8/3.

So movies to us really depends on the movies that are playing. There have been times where we've been able to see a movie that was newly released and may not have paid to see it at the theatre. Also, there have been movies we liked and chose to see it again in cruise's theatre because the sound is great. There have also been times where there was nothing of interest so no movies which was a bummer. Personally, we really enjoy seeing movies on the boat especially if the weather isn't great or if it's a sea day. We're cruising again this Nov and again in Jan and for the first time, we're going to get the refillable popcorn bucket. Hopefully something good will be playing but honestly I don't know that I'll care as it will beat being able to see it out of convenience and not having to pay out of pocket later. besides this will allow me to see something that I otherwise may not see. I'm hoping a Marvel movie will be playing as we're HUGE marvel fans.

Either way, it's nice the option is there. Regardless, have fun!!

I've been on 22 Disney cruises and one of my favorite cruise moments was watching Ant-Man (the first one, not the Wasp) with my group on the Wonder. 2015 I think. We had a blast, and some of us had already seen Ant-Man. and if Star Wars or Guardians of the Galaxy is playing some of us will always make time for it.

I agree that I think it is almost certain that Ant Man and the Wasp will be playing on the ship in October.

If you don't want to watch movies on the ship, then don't watch movies on the ship...:confused3

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter