Moving a DLR Trip to Walt Disney World- Let’s Talk!

EE is amazing! I’m going to do more ride comparisons later today and will put that down for AK. My friend who was nervous for slinky survived it lol. I’m sure she wanted to kill me though for making her ride it 😂😂😂 It’s fast, but fun! The only drop that is semi-scary is the one with the camera and they snap a pic of you.

Awesome, I think I'll be good- I've watched the videos of slinky and it looks like a blast. My son wants to do Tower of Terror and the Aerosmith one and I was like 'yeah buddy, you riding those alone' lol! Luckily, he has like no fear- he rode Incredicoaster for the first time by himself when he was eight and didn't even bat an eye. He got off and was like 'yeah, that was cool I guess' and I was like ?!?! haha. Too bad there's no single rider, but I can just wait in those lines with him and get him on and just wait by the exit. I wish I could handle the Tower of Terror but that giant drop gives me a major headache. Getting old I guess!

But what about breakfast? Second breakfast? Elevensies? 😅 I actually went on the app and made sure to make a note of every darn place I can find churros and yeah, unless it’s a covid thing... not nearly the same amount of churro spots!

There are definitely less churro spots, but check out Sleepy hollow at MK for a fun treat! The nutella/fruit waffle is to die for.

From what I recall, at least from the first reopening announcements, you can't walk the hotel properties without a dining reservation because of the COVID precautions. Is that enforced? I'm not sure. I'm wondering how this works too because I'm trying to plan strategy for our Hollywood Studios days and everything I'm reading says to avoid the WDW transportation and just Uber. You can get dropped off at Boardwalk and walk over I think? So much walking.... lol! But that Rise of the Resistance ride is TOP priority for us. Like above everything else, I'm feeling a bit manic about it haha.

I found that buses in general got you to the parks the earliest IF you were on the first bus of the day for the most part. If you do decide to Uber to walk over from a resort to a park, your best bet it get dropped off without having the ADR is to tell the gate you have a mobile order at one of the QS there.

If you stay onsite you can use park transport, but we've found it more efficient to drive to the parks. We tow a trailer so have a vehicle with us. But DH said that if we were ever to fly, he'd want to rent a car simply for the convenience. Free parking for onsite guests too.

Free parking at the parks for onsite guests. But you're paying for parking at the resort.

Have been to WDW many times (usually head there twice a year despite living 20 minutes from DL). Some of our favorite things include Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog, Mickey and Minnie Railway, Kilimanjaro Safari (just love the animals and could ride all day), Test Track, Frozen Ever After, Figment, Seven Dwarves Mine Train, People Mover. We do skip some rides though - Space (cannot stand this version and don't ride because of the seats - similar to Matterhorn that we also skip), Pirates (we ride sometimes but it is a shell of the DL version), ToT (I will go on with friends if they really want me to, but it is rare), Buzz (if short line we will ride, but hate the shooting gun here), Mission Space (just no), and maybe a few others.

Our absolute favorite park is the Animal Kingdom. People often say it is a half day park and has nothing, but we cannot get enough. We spend more days there than MK most of the time. MK is low on my list as I consider the DL Magic Kingdom to be a far superior park. I also love Epcot, but it has a lot of construction right now and that was confusing in March. Hollywood Studios has always been my lowest ranked park, but with Rise of the Resistance, Millenium Falcon, Slinky, and Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway, it is has improved quite a bit for me.

Our favorite restaurants are Teppan Edo (Japanese hibachi in Epcot), Le Cellier (Canada in Epcot), Chefs de France (France in Epcot), 50s Prime Time Cafe (Hollywood Studios), Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo, but not yet open), Beaches and Cream (Beach Club). We used to really like Kona Cafe, but a menu change a few years ago has us meh on it. Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table are both great meals, but were very expensive.

That was my favorite too! I wish we could’ve done 2 days there! The themeing is incredible.

It seems us Disneyland people like it much better as I know there is someone else on the boards who is a DL regular who also loves AK. I bought DVC at AKV as I love the animals so much and we love staying there regularly. I was actually reading your trip report yesterday and was enjoying your thoughts. I can't wait to get back there! It has been way too long (7 months).

Awesome, I think I'll be good- I've watched the videos of slinky and it looks like a blast. My son wants to do Tower of Terror and the Aerosmith one and I was like 'yeah buddy, you riding those alone' lol! Luckily, he has like no fear- he rode Incredicoaster for the first time by himself when he was eight and didn't even bat an eye. He got off and was like 'yeah, that was cool I guess' and I was like ?!?! haha. Too bad there's no single rider, but I can just wait in those lines with him and get him on and just wait by the exit. I wish I could handle the Tower of Terror but that giant drop gives me a major headache. Getting old I guess!

I think EE is more intense than Slinky- though I LOVED both. I'd put EE between BTMRR and Incredicoaster except for the one drop previously mentioned. My only rides on EE were at night though so that may have made it feel a little more intense. RnRC is definitely another level past EE or IC. EE is probably my all time favorite Disney coaster (at least in US parks...haven't been to any international parks). I went to an AK afterhours event a few years ago (the only time I've ever been to AK) and rode EE three times in a row because I loved it so much (and it was walk on. One ride it was just me and one other pair of riders on the whole train!).

EE also goes backwards for part of the ride- FYI-if that is a concern for you.

I just switched my park days - Weds to AK and Fri to Epcot, so if we love AK we can go again on Friday. It seems like there's generally always park pass availability for resort guests. Epcot seems the least fun for the kids and Frozen will be down the week we are there too.

I am really looking forward to 7DMT, SDD, and EE. I generally prefer less-intense roller coasters (RnRC is too much for me) but I looooove EE. Before I moved away from Orlando I went to AK by myself and did it 8 times in a row through the single-rider line, haha.

I am also looking forward to seeing Country Bear Jamboree again. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I was bummed when they took it out of DL.

Ride Comparisons for Epcot:
Epcot reminded us of DCA. World Showcase is pretty neat! It's a fun park, but once you do everything, you can get bored pretty fast. We got there a little after opening and finished everything we wanted by 2pm. Looking back, if we could re-do our Epcot day, we would've booked our fastpasses for afternoon and evenings, and arrived to the park around noon.

Spaceship Earth: This is a must do! This is the one where you ride inside the big golf ball lol. It's slow and relaxing.

Soarin' around the World: The same as DCA's, but there are 3 theaters, so the line isn't as slow. Whenever the DCA Soarin says 20 minutes, that's really a 50 minute wait. At Epcot, 20 minutes, actually meant 20 minutes. The ending is different for this one too!

Nemo: I liked this one better than DL's because you aren't crammed in a submarine. You sit in a shell like the Ariel ride.

Figment Ride: We didn't like this ride, at ALL! Everyone seems to love it. But the noises and scents made me so sick, I had to go to First Aid :sad2: But I am sensitive when it comes to certain sounds and smells, so that is probably why.

Test Track: This was down for refurb, but it's designed the same as RSR. Some people say they prefer Test Track over RSR because it's faster.

Frozen Ever After: Another must do! So cute! It goes backwards down a slope, but nothing scary. The ride is similar to a typical slow water ride (small world, pirates)

Gran Fiesta Tour: We found this ride by accident while hiding out from the rain. It's located in Mexico. It is similar to Pirates where you pass a restaurant while on the ride.

Ride we didn't do: Living with the Land and Mission Space. I'm not sure why we skipped the Living with the Land, but we skipped Mission Space because everyone we talked to before going on the trip said they got sick on it.

Test Track: This was down for refurb, but it's designed the same as RSR. Some people say they prefer Test Track over RSR because it's faster.

I personally much prefer RSR to TT. My husband enjoys designing the car, but the ride is much too lurchy inside for me. And then the fumes outside make me a bit nauseous. 🤢

Definitely hit up Living with the Land! It’s one of our favorite Epcot rides! 😍

I personally much prefer RSR to TT. My husband enjoys designing the car, but the ride is much too lurchy inside for me. And then the fumes outside make me a bit nauseous. 🤢

I prefer RSR as well. But my Mom and I have way too much fun designing the cars. We just giggle and giggle trying to come up with crazy cars. I can't even tell you why, but we do. We also like the ride too. Just a different sort of fun compared to RSR.

does anyone know if you have to have an ADR at a resort hotel to be able to get dropped off there? Want to check out a couple places if we can.

From everything I’ve heard, a Lyft drop off can be hit or miss depending on the resort. Your best bet would be to take park transportation. Grab the resort-specific bus from one of the parks, and you shouldn’t have any problems. Or monorail/skyliner depending on which resort you’re wanting to end up at!

I prefer RSR as well. But my Mom and I have way too much fun designing the cars. We just giggle and giggle trying to come up with crazy cars. I can't even tell you why, but we do. We also like the ride too. Just a different sort of fun compared to RSR.

I'm an oddball and don’t have patience for that sort of thing! 🤦🏼‍♀️😆 My husband and youngest could spend the entire time designing!

From what I recall, at least from the first reopening announcements, you can't walk the hotel properties without a dining reservation because of the COVID precautions. Is that enforced? I'm not sure. I'm wondering how this works too because I'm trying to plan strategy for our Hollywood Studios days and everything I'm reading says to avoid the WDW transportation and just Uber. You can get dropped off at Boardwalk and walk over I think? So much walking.... lol! But that Rise of the Resistance ride is TOP priority for us. Like above everything else, I'm feeling a bit manic about it haha.

The transportation piece stresses me out, that's one thing that Disneyland definitely has over WDW. I think I might just budget for Ubers in the mornings so we know we're there right on time for rope drop and then take the skyliner/buses at the end of the day. Hard to say 'risk wise' when it comes to comparing an uber to a bus- you're in a smaller space but with only one other person... vs. a bus with bigger space but more people?
We were thinking doing exactly that too. Uber in the mornings and busses at night. ROTR is totally stressing me out too and i mainly want to get to HS early.

🤫🤫🤫 Don’t spoil the surprise for the newbies! 😉

Oops- sorry! ;) (but I did want to let the person who was asking know since they mentioned not liking all coasters just in case that would make it a hard "no" for them)

I LOVED Living with the Land- much more than I expected to. I also agree on RSR over TT though I really enjoyed the pre-ride stuff where you design the car. The ride part was OK but RSR is definitely better- hard to beat the theming!

Hey Tiki, I'm just curious (and apologies if this is already covered in here), but in your research, have you looked into whether Savi's is open at WDW?

Hey Tiki, I'm just curious (and apologies if this is already covered in here), but in your research, have you looked into whether Savi's is open at WDW?

Savi's was not open originally at WDW but it is now (I believe with reduced capacity).

Reactions: EmJ

Yea! I booked a reservation (even though we’ve done it before..) because they don’t make you prepay anymore which is awesome. Gives me more time to decide- might let my son do it as a surprise. Last time mom got the lightsaber and he got the droid. 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter