Moving between resorts?

cmwilson523

Mouseketeer
We have been DVC members for 13 years, and I have never encountered this situation. ???

Looks like we will probably have to move between resorts for our next trip, since it seems impossible to get one place, of the three where we really want to stay, for the whole time. (I know that we can wait-list, but am trying to make sure that we have somewhere to stay for our whole planned trip. Plus wait-listing is looking like a losing proposition since the difficult nights are all around the Wine & Dine Marathon time, so I doubt there will be too many cancellations.)

What is the process for moving between resorts? I have to admit that it sounds like a huge pain to repack the luggage and the Owner's Locker, move it, and unpack for a few more days. But I am also on the curmudgeonly side today and have not yet reached the "hey, we will still be at Disney World and this will just be a new adventure!" stage yet. I will get there, I promise! I will not become one of those cranky Disney-ers. ;-)

Does Disney deliver all your stuff to your next resort, or do you have to haul it all over? We have been hoping to not need a rental car since the last few trips it has been a waste of good Disney spending money :-) sitting in the parking lot the whole time.

Thanks for any insight you might have!
Catherine

They will move it for you to your next resort, usually by 3 pm. We have done split stays but we stay for 2 weeks, wouldnt want to do the move if only a week. We were lucky to call back every day and get AK Kidani for 13 nights on our upcoming Nov. trip. Good luck and have Fun!

We did our first split stay during our last trip. We stayed at BLT for 3 nights, then surprised the kids with another 3 nights at BWV.

Disney makes it really easy. Call bell services and they will pick up your luggage and just let them know you'll be moving resorts that day. Then we all went to HS while my Dad went to check in to BWV, he then met us at HS.

Around 3 we got a text for our room #, and once over there we called bell services to bring up our bags. Very easy.

Good to know that (despite what I am still feeling will be a hassle having to repack everything to move it) we won't be stuck figuring out how to get the luggage to AKL.

At least we were able to get a savanna view for the AKL portion of the stay, so I feel like it will be something very fun for the little guy.

But we are wait listed for BLT for the remainder of the trip, and I suppose you never know if it might work out to get a room there. We waitlisted until 7 days prior - we know we will be there, and the points are more at BLT than AKL so I don't have to worry about having any go into holding, etc.

Back to being excited about 15 days til we are at the Villas at Grand Californian, and our son's first trip to California!!! (We have stayed at GC before, but it was prior to the building of the villas. Not sure how we let 6 years pass since our last trip to Disneyland.)

Good to know that (despite what I am still feeling will be a hassle having to repack everything to move it) we won't be stuck figuring out how to get the luggage to AKL.

At least we were able to get a savanna view for the AKL portion of the stay, so I feel like it will be something very fun for the little guy.

But we are wait listed for BLT for the remainder of the trip, and I suppose you never know if it might work out to get a room there. We waitlisted until 7 days prior - we know we will be there, and the points are more at BLT than AKL so I don't have to worry about having any go into holding, etc.

Back to being excited about 15 days til we are at the Villas at Grand Californian, and our son's first trip to California!!! (We have stayed at GC before, but it was prior to the building of the villas. Not sure how we let 6 years pass since our last trip to Disneyland.)

I agree that it is very easy and really nothing to worry about. And repacking is a lot easier than packing. Everything gets thrown in the luggage. No choices on what to pack. Hope that helps.

Hope you get your BLT wait list.

We move from BLT to bcv often 1/2 way and it's easy IMO.

Our kids are older so that helps. But as said, we bring our bags to bell (or they will come to our room) around check out time. They show up at bcv mid day. So we just take a backpack of a few things and hit Epcot by monorail. Grab lunch and a tt Fp and meander to SAB.

I guess I would walk to MK and spend some time there, then bus to ak. Or just bus to ak from MK. Have fun.

If you can, minimize the repacking by packing for "two" trips. Then do not unpack the bags that contain the things you will only use for the second portion of your trip/

Hope your waitlist works so that you don't need to move. :)

We do a two-week trip most summers, and always do a split stay. It makes it seem like two vacations.

Yes, it is a pain to pack and un-pack twice, but when moving resorts we pretty much just throw things in the bags. It's nothing like when we pack to fly home. We call bell services to pick up the bags from the room, and they've always done a great job with it. If you're in a villa with a kitchen, be sure to save your shopping bags to make it easy to pack up the food. Point out to bell services what needs to be refrigerated and they'll take care of it.

I usually head straight to the next resort to get the check-in out of the way.

hi there, moving from a 1 bedder @ BWV to studio at BWV...how do you suggest we do this without wasting too much park/pool time...and has anyone heard of them keeping you in the same room or offering paid upgrade to stay in the 1 bedder.
We normally stay at BLT but thought we'd give BWV a go.:thumbsup2
Thanks

hi there, moving from a 1 bedder @ BWV to studio at BWV...how do you suggest we do this without wasting too much park/pool time...and has anyone heard of them keeping you in the same room or offering paid upgrade to stay in the 1 bedder.
We normally stay at BLT but thought we'd give BWV a go.:thumbsup2
Thanks

Zero chance of staying in same room on points. Easiest way is to have bell services grab your bags and store. Just have them deliver when you return. You will want to check-in in AM for new room so you have keys when room is ready. Should have minimal impact on day. I would recommend not waiting until end of long day after EMH or fireworks etc to have bags brought up.

We have switched resorts many times and Disney expertly simplifies the whole procedure! They transfer luggage and make the whole transition issue free! let them do the work and enjoy your vacation :-) after all you are "on vacation"! They do offer the most fabulous service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter