Multiple rooms - can we share keys?

ultimate_ed

Mouseketeer
This isn't a killer, just something to account for. I'm booking one of the Alaska one way cruises for next summer with my wife and I taking our teen age kids and my a parents. I was looking to book two balcony rooms and one inside room all on the same deck.

The three rooms are all going to be booked on the account I've created. Would it be possible to have the six room key's we'll get programmed to open any of the three room doors? I'm planning to book myself with one of the kids and my wife with the other and my parents in their own room.

I'm pretty sure they won't (or can't) program the keys to open multiple doors.

however, you can get extra keys for each room. you'd have to carry around 3 key cards, and keep them all straight, so it's not ideal, but it works.

if you book a kid in each of your rooms, but when sailing really want you and your wife in the balcony and your kids together in the inside, you can get the keys programmed that way. when you check in, just tell them which people go with which room. if for some reason they give you hassle, you can also get the keys switched at guest services once onboard.

I'm pretty sure they won't (or can't) program the keys to open multiple doors.

however, you can get extra keys for each room. you'd have to carry around 3 key cards, and keep them all straight, so it's not ideal, but it works.

if you book a kid in each of your rooms, but when sailing really want you and your wife in the balcony and your kids together in the inside, you can get the keys programmed that way. when you check in, just tell them which people go with which room. if for some reason they give you hassle, you can also get the keys switched at guest services once onboard.
That is good to know. I'll probably at least get extra keys for the two rooms that I'll be sharing with our kids.

Thanks!

When our teen sons were across from us on the Allure we had an extra key made for each room. I put the extra keys on a lanyard and hung them just inside the door of the opposing room. If I wanted into my boys room the key was hanging just inside my door. If the boys wanted in my room the key was hanging just inside their door. Worked for us!

When our teen sons were across from us on the Allure we had an extra key made for each room. I put the extra keys on a lanyard and hung them just inside the door of the opposing room. If I wanted into my boys room the key was hanging just inside my door. If the boys wanted in my room the key was hanging just inside their door. Worked for us!

Brilliant! I'm shamelessly going to poach that one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter