My 10 days....(Long...)

tfc3rid

DIS Veteran
Hi all. Here is my restaurant reviews for this year's trip. Note that we had only 1 meal per day, for the most part dinner.

We stayed at BoardWalk Villas in a 1 Bedroom. We had 3 originally but then my girlfriend flew down to meet us.

I will grade on a cale of 1 (bad) to 10 (Excellent!!)

OK, enough...on to the Report.

July 22: ESPN Club - Quick Dinner - Not the greatest place in the world but do-able. We got there around 5:45...not long of a wait, although by 6:00, there was quite a line to get in. Service was good, food was all right. I had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich...it was a bit dry.

Grade: 6

July 23: My girlfriend flew down so now we were a party of 4.
1900 Park Fare - Character Dinner - We found the dinner buffet here on last year's trip and loved it. This time it was much more crowded than we remember. The food was all right, nothing really knocked our socks off. The desserts were ok as well...still, nothing all too special.

Grade: 7

July 24: One of my mom's co-workers was stopping by for the afternoon. We had a party of 5.
Whispering Canyon Cafe - Lunch - We returned for lunch to the Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. 2:15, it was kinda empty at that time. 4 of us had the BBQ Skillet. Love the ribs here and the sausage. My dad had the BBQ Pork Sandwich and he enjoyed it. I especially love the All-You-Can-Drink Shakes.

Grade: 8

July 25: ESPN Club - Dinner - 3 for dinner. Had the BBQ Chicken Entree. It was all right.

Grade: 6

July 26: Cape May Cafe - Dinner - Party of 5.
We always love our trip to the Beach Club to the Cape May, even though we are not seafood lovers, per se. Love the Salad offerings, the turf offerings and the desserts...so good. We celebrated my girlfriend's birthday as well. Tony was our server and could not have been better. Many thanks!

Grade: 9

July 27: Chef Mickey's - Dinner - Party of 4
Always a stop on our trip as well. Had 5 PM P.S. so the crowds were not too bad. Food is all right here. Love the desserts. Love the Parmesan Mashed Potatoes, want the recipe...

July 28: Cinderella's - Dinner - Party of 2.
Wanted to take my GF here. I hadn't eaten here in 15 years. We both had Prime Rib, it was very good...tender. Dessert was also really really good. Atmosphere was wonderful.

July 29: 'Ohana - Dinner - Party of 3. GF went home today.
First time here, trying it on the advice of so many of you DIS'ers. WOW. What a place. The food was incredible. You really do have to love meat and not eat all day for this. I loved the Turkey and Beef. Not a seafood fan, so no shrimp for me. I loved the peanut dipping sauce. It was sooo good. And the pineapple and caramel....divine!!!

Grade: 10

July 30: Cape May Cafe- Dinner - Party of 3.
Same as Friday. Great meal!

July 31: ESPN Club - Lunch - Party of 3.
Had the Burger...awesome burger...lots of fries... Best meal I had here.

Grade: 7

So, there you go. I found it tough to get early PS for larger groups at Cape May and Chef Mickey's.

Any additional questions, please feel free to ask!!

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to review the restaurants. I enjoyed reading them.

DH and I are considering Cape May for our trip in November. We don't eat clams or mussels. I noticed that you mentioned not being all that fond of seafood, but that you really enjoyed your meals there. What main dishes were offered other than the clams and mussels? What about the desserts?

Thanks in advance for your help!

We just might try Ohana's after your review. We always try to do new places and this might be the one we hop over to from MK one day. Anything else there at Ohana's we should look at for food?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter