My Atkins for WDW 2004 Wish! (comments welcomed!)

Shellbe76

Earning My Ears
I've recently split up with my fiance of 5 years :( (5mths ago now) and as an incentive now to loose weight, I've booked to go to WDW with my best friends and their baby and of course my 4 year old son in Oct 2004.

I'm on the Atkins diet, and plan to loose half my body weight by the time I go. Since this is a great WDW forum, I hopped over here via someones sig, and hope that this will give me added incentive to actually do it. I certainly don't want to be uncomfortable when I go next year!

I done the Atkins diet for two months last year and lost 24 pounds, so I know it works for me, so that's what I'm sticking with aswell as an exercise tape that I have and walking - gotta get the miles in for WDW!!!

I'll post in my thread how much I loose - I'll weigh myself each month, as it's a bigger surprise then!

Atkins can get a bit boring, esp that time of the month when I want to carb out, but I try and fight it as best I can.

By the way I'm in the UK, and when we go it'll be the first time I've been on a plane for 10 years - eek, but we're all so excited already, that plans are in action for all the prep we have to do.

Comments are welcomed here, even though I'm a newbie, I hope to make some friends here too :)

Shell

Started back on Atkins officially today, each day I will list here what I had to eat and any exercise done.......

Breakfast
3 Rashers Bacon
2 Eggs
1 Tomato

Lunch
Diddly Squat (it's too hot!)

Dinner
Grill Steak (0 Carbs from Tescos)
Cauliflower & Green Beans

Lots of water

Exercise
Housework, but I'm going to do a 15 min work out tonight.

Hi Shellbe!

I am new to the WISH board as well. I am not in the UK, but lived in England for a bit. My husband is from Birmingham!
Where abouts are you from?

Sorry about the fiancee. One of the reasons why I am doing this is so I can take control of MY life. I have decided I can't depend on my husband to allow me to feel good about myself.
I think it will be good for our marriage if I do this for myself as well.

I have a master plan to lose 85 lbs, I am planning a big big celebration with my son and husband next June at Universal Studios and WDW. My daughter will be turning 1 and I will be turning...........well, let's put it like this, I will feel 16!

I started Atkins on Sunday, and I have already lost 5lbs! 80 more lbs to go.
do you count in lbs, or kg?

No more I can't get into the pool cos I am too big etc.etc.

Good luck with your weight loss. Wish I could go to Tescos with you! Breakfast sounds good. I am going to have breakfast in a minute as well.
Keep me posted!

Connie

I count in stones and pounds. I haven't weighed myself yet - to tell the truth I'm more interested in the way I look than the actual weight loss (although I need to lose a load) It'll only depress me if I see I haven't lost one week, but if my clothes start to feel looser, that's all good.

Been good with Atkins the last couple of days - even did a 30 minute workout! I've not done it today, but will do later on tonight when it cools down a bit.

I live in Essex :) Done a naughty this morning and had a burger king. My ex took me and my son out for the morning. I strive not to pig out now for the rest of the day, just chow down on some water and a bit of protein and that is it!

I pledge to go weigh myself next week, and start from there. I REALLY want to do it this time (story of my life to lose weight!!!!)

Congratulations Shellbe and Connie, I'm there with you! I started Atkins on Monday 8/11 as well. I obsessively weigh in every day. I know that's a bad habit but I found out that I've lost two pounds as of today. Keep up the good work, and if you fall off the wagon don't be discouraged, climb back on and start again! I posted my journal today. If you're interested it's under Lisa's Atkins Journal. I welcome your posts!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter