My Aulani experience.

TheDalys

Mouseketeer
September 18 - 26th 2013, Poolside Garden View (5th floor).

Aulani was great, the atmosphere is definetly family oriented.

Pros:
-check in was quick (online checked in before hand)
-the room was great (Deluxe Studio, just the wife and I), bath tub, regular shower and also a over head "rain" shower, balcony had a great view (could see the pools and ocean)
-the services were easy, each day you would hand your room key to the "towel cabana" worker and they would give you a colored wrist band for that days use of the pools plus however many towels you need. the were towel return boxes all over and new towels were always available.
-very relaxing- the beach, the pool, our balcony wherever we found a chair we soaked up the sun and layed back.
-the characters come out everyday, mickey minnie goofy for sure, we seen donald chip and dale a couple times but only seen stitch once. so Disney is not thrown in your face 24/7. finding the hidden mickey's was fun though.

Cons:
The only con we had (resort wise) was one we found at most restaurants but we noticed it more at Aulani (just because we were there more). The menu was time specific (things only served between this time and that time) and small menus. plus not a good vegetarian option when the menus is already small. Ya we could order with no chicken and such, but we get charged for that meat in the end. And with the set times for menus, the first couple days it was hard because our bodies were still on our home time zone clocks and our meal times were all off.

That was our only Con during the trip that Aulani had control of.
The others were:
-people laying on the beach on their cell phones having loud conversations.
-Inconsiderate picture takers (mostly of asian background, i am not racist, it was just an observation i noticed, they always ran full tilt places).
-Side walk / Hallway hoggers, i donno but when walking in a group and passing people we get in single file so that everyone is on the side walk not being pushed off by the clowns that stay in the group formation.

We had a blast though and plan on coming back when the kids are older and can handle a 13 hour travel day through 3 airports, haha.

I am going to be writting another Aulani post on things we found to make the stay cheaper in another forum on a later date.

We leave in less than 3 weeks and I cannot STAND IT!!! I am ready to go NOW!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

I think that no matter where you go there are going ot be the sidewalk/hallway hogs. We do the same - over to the side in single file when passsing others. Weird, I thought that was just us. :confused3 Glad to hear others do it too. :yay:

Thanks for sharing!!
We love to look for hidden Mickeys. My kids think hidden Mickeys exist everywhere. They find them in parking lots and random places. I never say it's a coincidence. LOL!

AKMOUSE too funny, I just flew out of anchorage yesterday morning. Back in FL now and headed to Aulani in November.

I'd love to hear your take on it.

We are staying Nov 6-13 then flying to the big Island for 2 days. There is so much to do and see.

Hope you have a great time.

The Dalys did you stay on property the whole time? If not what did you do?

We too were there at the same time. Loved it. The grills there are fabulous so to save some money we cooked in a few times. I have a few more cons. Chair hogs are awful. Families take a whole row and never come sit. As long as on person messes up the towel the stuff is not removed. People are not watching their kids. Lazy river is for floating, not how fast can we run in a tube around in circles. Other than that is is amazing. Go to the o'leo bar. Great staff and good reasonable food.

There is so much to do off property also. Sunday We hiked Diamond head then are at the rainbow grill. Went to the swap meet. Monday was Pearl Harbor and commissary shopping. Tuesday was a resort day. Wednesday was north shore and wiamea falls. Thursday we snorkels huanama bay, drove up the east coast and across the mountains! Beautiful.friday Honolulu, Saturday resort day. Sunday Waikiki and dinner at dukes!,

Beautiful resort, but take some time to see the beautiful island.

Hi Joannel,
Did you rent a car or use bus transportation?
If you drove, did you find navigating easy?
If you relied on the bus, how did you find that?
Thanks!
We are actually contemplating staying at Waikiki Beach for a few days taking in the sites and nightlife, then staying at Aulani for the last few days of the trip to enjoy a more relaxed atmosphere (when we go in a couple years). We'll be 3 - 6 adults with 2 preteen children. Do you think this is doable/wise?

gretchenohar@hotmail said:
Hi Joannel,
Thanks!
We are actually contemplating staying at Waikiki Beach for a few days taking in the sites and nightlife, then staying at Aulani for the last few days of the trip to enjoy a more relaxed atmosphere (when we go in a couple years). We'll be 3 - 6 adults with 2 preteen children. Do you think this is doable/wise?

We rented a car,, real cheap. $200 for the week (Chevy Cruze). beats the bus and taxi services that would have been needed...

Driving was super easy, we had our GPS (it was wrong sometimes though but we figured it out). Lots of speed bumps around the resort roads though, the first one comes up quick after the highway (with little warning in the dark), we nailed it pretty hard.

About a 30 min. drive to Waikiki

Hi Joannel,
Thanks!

We rented a car, took the garmin with us. We had no trouble driving. The traffic is very heavy at rush hour. You will want more days at Aulani, it is beautiful. The beach at Waikiki is much more active for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter