My Boardwalk could use a good scrubbing.

DanenRox

Disney Junkies
The common areas looked good, the hallways too but the rooms, at least mine, was starting to look worn and beat up. Some touch up paint is needed, bathroom tiles to be replaced, and I wish Mousekeeping would spend a little more time readying the room. I can overlook a lot but it was hard to miss some of the dinks, bangs, dust, stains.
Which remains me, I have to go clean my house.

I used to complain about these things at BWV or BCV.... but after paying more attention at other hotels, I've come to realize that the DVC properties are still pretty nice.

My recent trip included a JW Marriott, supposedly the high end of Marriott. The room sure cost a lot. There was a white water stain ring on the dark mahogany desk in the room. The marble shower had chips and cracks on the ledge below the glass shower door. The rubber beneath the glass shower door was dirty. And one of the water glasses sitting in the wet bar had part of the lip chipped off. On top of that, the 2 beds were full size, not queens!

I'm in no way trying to argue, just providing perspective.

We are trying a Moderate for the first time in 1 week. My guess is that we will appreciate DVC even more after that ;)

I agree with you about the BWV needing some tender loving care. The bathroom was in terrible shape. There was quite a bit of mold in the shower and the bottom of the bathrrom door plus the toilet was loose from the flour and the grout was very dirty aroung the floor. The main room looked great.

Stayed in BWV 2042 (1 br) last week for 3 nights - then went to a Wyndham time share in Myrtle Beach for 2 nights with DW's family.

We're considering buying DVC (specifically BWV) so this was a "try it before you buy it" stay. Just happens we have another time share in the same week to compare.

BWV room - some small chips in the bath floor tile, good number of nicks/scratches in the paint on the coffeetable, one-half of a tile missing at the bottom of the shower - filled in with white caulk (you could barely see it without getting down on your knees). Carpet in very good condition, bedding in very good condition, all lights/appliances work and in good condition, cleanliness was good compared to hotels I stay in when traveling for business (typically Marriotts). One small spot of mold in the corner by the tub (note to DVD - don't use white/light color grout) and at the bottom of the shower door.

Wyndham room. A tile actually fell off the wall in the shower while we were there. Some small nicks in the tables (better than BWV). Big dent in the refrigerator door, fridge cleanliness not up to BWV standards. The tile grout was a darker shade - MUCH harder to see if there was any mold (good idea - DVD take note).

I've heard that Wyndham is at the top of the time-share pecking order. Based on just these 2 datapoints I can't complain about the condition of the BWV room. And stepping back - I don't INSPECT hotel rooms I use on the road (with the exception of the bed for bed bugs - neither DVC nor Wyndham had that problem), but I can say that on occasion the hotel rooms have looked "tired" around the edges. As long as everything works and is clean I don't complain - I get to work.

As long as the villa I'm in at DVC (we are going to purchase later this fall) is clean and everything works - I'm going to enjoy my vacation and leave the room inspections to others - I'll be out by the pool, thanks!:wave2:

There was a serious mildew issue on our balcony last summer. The wall around the balcony doors and both balcony chairs were covered with mildew. I brought a couple of friends for the first time and was embarrassed by the condition of the balcony. I did contact DVC and sent along pictures so they knew I wasn't exaggerating!

My room was just short of filthy the last time I was there. Crumbs between the cabinets and oven completely covered the floor. Heavy dust in the master (two bedroom) led me to believe it had been shutdown/taken out of service for awhile. Tried not to think about why. I stayed in a "5 star" hotel in Dayton in August and the 1st room they assigned me had a urine stain that went through the blanket and sheets. Matched perfectly, I find it impossible to believe that the bed linen was washed and put back on so the blanket stain and the sheet stain matched up. Idk, it seems like there could be better housekeeping at BWV, but I'm sure it is difficult to keep staff around and motivated. Even though the room was not to my standards I still tip. The maids are doing a job I could never do and they could probably just as easily be claiming unemployment so I try to support their effort to support themselves. My room's maintenance condition was pretty good, a couple of nicks and dents but you aren't going to throw a whole table out because of a dent.

We were in room 4024 (1 bdrm villa) this past September for a couple of weeks and other than a somewhat worn out sofa, the villa was immaculate. No mold, bedding perfect, windows clean, dishes clean, bath clean, etc.

We frequently stay at BWV and I cannot think of one time where we had a villa or studio that was not up to par. I grant that there are always exceptions, and I'm grateful I've not experienced those.

Stay at a ritz carlton, my room was half the price of a Disney deluxe and in 1000x better condition than any Disney resort has ever been in plus more amenities than Disney has ever offered, the opposite effect will happen.

I used to complain about these things at BWV or BCV.... but after paying more attention at other hotels, I've come to realize that the DVC properties are still pretty nice.

My recent trip included a JW Marriott, supposedly the high end of Marriott. The room sure cost a lot. There was a white water stain ring on the dark mahogany desk in the room. The marble shower had chips and cracks on the ledge below the glass shower door. The rubber beneath the glass shower door was dirty. And one of the water glasses sitting in the wet bar had part of the lip chipped off. On top of that, the 2 beds were full size, not queens!

I'm in no way trying to argue, just providing perspective.

We are trying a Moderate for the first time in 1 week. My guess is that we will appreciate DVC even more after that ;)

We bought into DVC and BWV was what was available at the time we wanted to go. We were super excited to hear "welcome home". We walked in and had such a hard time hiding the disappointment in front of each other. I thought we spent $16,000 for THIS? We have gone on to stay at AKV (home resort), BLT, Grand Californian, and HHI. We were super impressed with all the other resorts. We LOVE our DVC and and wouldn't trade it for anything but man were we disappointed at how worn BWV was.

We bought into DVC and BWV was what was available at the time we wanted to go. We were super excited to hear "welcome home". We walked in and had such a hard time hiding the disappointment in front of each other. I thought we spent $16,000 for THIS? We have gone on to stay at AKV (home resort), BLT, Grand Californian, and HHI. We were super impressed with all the other resorts. We LOVE our DVC and and wouldn't trade it for anything but man were we disappointed at how worn BWV was.

did you go before the renovations?
that is the only time we ever noticed the BWV rooms looking "worn" since he resort opened, staying 2-3 vacas a year (excepting the one HA room we had for one night in may - chipped pain, stained carpeting).
side note: we visited my DB at marriot cypress harbour, near seaworld (he owns marriot in aruba). chipped paint, cracked/missing tiles, cheap & tarnished faucets/hardware, dirty screens on porch, filthy/cheap light fixtures (and only a few - very dark & creepy at night) & garbage in outdoor hallways (even at night), etc.
we've never seen any DVC or WDW resort/room in as bad condition, ye MCH is highly rated :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter