My cousin just had stomach bypass surgery and we're taking her to WDW in Feb, 2021

I was wondering how your cousin did on your trip in February. I am planning a trip this November. I had gastric bypass in 2019. I still eat very small portions. In addition, I am a pescatarian (the only meat I eat is seafood), so I am concerned about finding bariatric friendly pescatarian meals at Disney.
I would love to hear a follow up on your cousin's experience.
I was wondering how your cousin did on your trip in February. I am planning a trip this November. I had gastric bypass in 2019. I still eat very small portions. In addition, I am a pescatarian (the only meat I eat is seafood), so I am concerned about finding bariatric friendly pescatarian meals at Disney.
I would love to hear a follow up on your cousin's experience.

Thanks for reaching out! My cousin had a great trip and her eating was EASY PEASY!! She didnt do a whole lot of customizing her meals due to her gastric bypass but more for her egg allergy!

She ended up ordering what she wanted and either ate what she wanted and left the rest or took the rest to go (we had a 2 br vill@ WL so we had a full kitchen with a fridge/oven to keep/re-heat food.....she did eat pizza for breakfast 2 days in a row!

I did notice that on most of the kids meal at a lot of TS sit down restaurants there was a nice option of a seafood or meatless dish available or feel free to ask for options - Disney was VERY flexible with sides and additions/options to her meals!

She went into this trip knowing that she's spend more on food than she normally would, but she wanted the "Disney experience" so she didnt want to skip a restaurant because it would be more expensive and she knew she wouldnt eat enough to justify it - like CRT and BOG....

She also ordered just an appetizer for her meal - like the tuna nachos for lunch @ Yak & Yeti - knowing it was a huge portion but she ate what she wanted and left 100% satisfied!

She did bring in her luggage some protein shakes for breakfast in the room and I ordered a few food items from Dizzy Dolphin that we had in the room for breakfast/snacks!

Let me know if you have any other questions - happy to answer them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter