my dining plan ideas- what do you think?

mommymonster

Mouseketeer
I am going the first week in September. We do not have park hopper tickets. This is what I thought about doing:

Day 1 (sunday) Disney Animal Kingdom
Counter Service- Tusker House
Table Service-Boatwright's Dining Hall (our hotel)

Day 2 (monday) Epcot
Counter Service-Liberty Inn or Electric Umbrella
Table Service-LeCellier Steakhouse

Day 3 (tuesday) Magic Kingdom
Counter Service- Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
Table Service-Cinderella Royal Table-2 tickets

Day 4 (wednesday)
I need advice here. Since we don't have Park Hopper we need to pick one of the parks to go 2 times to. What park do you suggest would be fun to go twice for a 5 yr old girl?

Day 5 (thursday) Disney Studios
Counter Service-Toy Story Pizza Planet
Table Service-Hollywood and Vine

I picked the parks according to what day they normally have the lowest attendance. Do you think the places I chose to eat are good choices?

Lisa

Last year we took DS 5 and we spent three days in MK and only one in the other parks. Just my opinion but with a girl I think she would really enjoy all the princess stuff in MK. princess:

mommymonster said:
I am going the first week in September. We do not have park hopper tickets. This is what I thought about doing:

Day 1 (sunday) Disney Animal Kingdom
Counter Service- Tusker House
Table Service-Boatwright's Dining Hall (our hotel)

Day 2 (monday) Epcot
Counter Service-Liberty Inn or Electric Umbrella
Table Service-LeCellier Steakhouse

Day 3 (tuesday) Magic Kingdom
Counter Service- Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
Table Service-Cinderella Royal Table-2 tickets

Day 4 (wednesday)
I need advice here. Since we don't have Park Hopper we need to pick one of the parks to go 2 times to. What park do you suggest would be fun to go twice for a 5 yr old girl?

Day 5 (thursday) Disney Studios
Counter Service-Toy Story Pizza Planet
Table Service-Hollywood and Vine

I picked the parks according to what day they normally have the lowest attendance. Do you think the places I chose to eat are good choices?

Lisa

I'd definitely do a second day at MK. One day will be too rushed, and just about everything there will interest her.

For counter service at Epcot, I'd prefer one of the countries, unless your daughter is very picky. Norway's bakery I think is great CS, myself. Great open faced sandwiches. Coral Reef is good TS there too, if you like seafood.

Good CS at MK is Columbia Harbor House.

You could also consider the restaurants at other resorts near the parks - they tend to be less crowded, give you a little break, and a change of scenery.

Just make sure you take breaks! Napping or swimming in the heat of the afteroon can make a day last so much longer and happier!

I agree that MK is probably the best park for most 5-year olds.

Once they get a little older I'd probably pick Epcot (or even MGM) as the two-day park, but the little kids tend to prefer MK to the others.

That is what I figured...Magic Kingdom it is then!

I just called and made reservations for all the dinners. I was able to get all the ones I wanted.

Yes, my dd is very picky so I really worked around that and that is why I chose the places that I did.

When I made reservations at Hollywood and Vine she asked me if I wanted the Fantasmic (sp) package...I asked her how many TS vouchers I would need to give her...she said just the one. She was right, right? I would just give the TS voucher to eat and then she said they would give me a voucher to see the show...so the show is free if I eat at this restaurant?

We should have enough TS vouchers right to eat at the Cinderella's Royal Table right....we are staying 6 nights so we should be getting 6 TS vouchers...I am only eating there 5 days so that means I will have 1 extra for the character meal right?

Lisa

Okay...I decided that Magic Kingdom will be our 4th day adventure. I called and made reservations with Crystal Palace. So all I need to do for this is give 1 TS voucher right?

I am just nervous about this dining plan as I never used it before.

Lisa

Your correct. Fantasmic package at Hollywood & Vine and Mama Melrose is 1 TS, Brown Derby is 2.

Crystal Palace is only 1TS.

Have a great time on your vacation.

mommymonster said:
That is what I figured...Magic Kingdom it is then!

I just called and made reservations for all the dinners. I was able to get all the ones I wanted.

Yes, my dd is very picky so I really worked around that and that is why I chose the places that I did.

When I made reservations at Hollywood and Vine she asked me if I wanted the Fantasmic (sp) package...I asked her how many TS vouchers I would need to give her...she said just the one. She was right, right? I would just give the TS voucher to eat and then she said they would give me a voucher to see the show...so the show is free if I eat at this restaurant?

We should have enough TS vouchers right to eat at the Cinderella's Royal Table right....we are staying 6 nights so we should be getting 6 TS vouchers...I am only eating there 5 days so that means I will have 1 extra for the character meal right?

Lisa

Yes definitely the Magic Kingdom! Also, just to let you know, Fantasmic is free, it's just that if you dine at H&V, Mama Melrose or Brown Derby you get a voucher for all diners to sit in a reserved section (Fantasmic usually fills up and people get there like 90 minutes early!). Those restaurants are 1 TS Credit with the exception of Brown Derby that is 2 (this is each btw).

Great choices on your ADR's btw!

Thanks! I spent most of the afternoon looking through all the menus and trying to find something my picky daughter would like as well...plus it needed to be appealing for us as well.

As always, I love this site!

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter