My Experience with DCL Check-In at Hyatt MCO

I just got off of the Disney Wish and stayed at the Hyatt MCO prior to the cruise. I just wanted to report my experiences to those who will be staying at the Hyatt or the resorts.

We got the e-mail prior to the day of sailing listing the times to check-in by Castaway Cay status. When we arrived, we were directed to a long line. Apparently, DCL will now start to do the check-in process (showing passports/Oceaneer Club bands/MagicBand activation) at either MCO Hyatt with Disney resorts starting next week per a DCL worker. After we got checked in , we got assigned our bus. Because we were a smaller party, we were able to sit with the Concierge/Pearl/Platinum group. However, we had a delayed departure time because some parties were not told when their bus was to leave.

Interesting. I remember when they used to do this down in the "Magical Express" area of the airport. I thought that was great being completely checked in, having your KTTW card and lanyards etc., before you got on the bus and was disappointed when they discontinued it. Glad to see they are bringing it back.

Getting on the Wish today, after staying one night at the Hyatt. Below is the info we received on when to check in.

Guests are invited to meet with the Disney Cruise Line Representative at the Hospitality Desk located in the lobby at the following times:

• Concierge Guests at 8:45 AM (EST)
  • Pearl Castaway Club Guests at 8:45 AM (EST)
  • Platinum Castaway Club Guests at 9:00 AM (EST)
  • Gold Castaway Club Guests at 9:15 AM (EST)
  • Silver Castaway Club Guests at 9:30 AM (EST)
  • All other Guests from 9:45 AM (EST) – 10:15 AM (EST)

We just checked in for the cruise. Although the priority has changed you can still go and sit in the ballroom (they have crayons and printed pages for kids) and line up before the 9:45 am call (recommend 9 am; glad I asked a CM and didn’t just wait around till 9:45 am as that line wrapped around the entire ballroom). You (or one person from the group) can stand in the line for silver guests (our status). We went in at around 9 am. Silver could stand in line but the process didn’t start until 9:45 am. Check in takes a while (5+ mins for each party) to verify identity and get the boarding stickers. Recommend using restrooms right after. No room keys are given here. It’s 10:10 am and the bus has yet to call Minnie boarding groups. Mickey has just finished loading. Donald is next. Concierge guests boarded with Mickey but the line was not clear.

Positive note: breakfast was a walk in situation at 8 am at Mccoys (no wait vs 45 mins last year).

We are the ones people probably loathe because we keep our luggage the last night on the cruise and take it off ourself
As long as each person can handle theirs and there isn't one person wrangling 5 huge bags, no reason for you to be hated. The self-debark people who drive me nuts are the ones like I described. One person trying to wrangle all the hugs luggage pieces while the rest of the group carries nothing or maybe one tiny bag. The rule for self-disembark is that each person is supposed to be able to handle their own luggage.

Bus is starting 10:45 am and takes an hour, so still an efficient process.
we are staying at Hyatt MCO FIRST TIME DCL TRAVELERS on may 3rd before our cruise, question do you leave luggage in the room or can you take it down yourself? And when is a good time to go to McCoys is 8 to late. if needing to be downstairs at 9? And When do you check in for your cruise? is it by character name? I assume you check in at the DCL desk in the lobby correct? thanks

Last edited:
we are staying at Hyatt MCO FIRST TIME DCL TRAVELERS on may 3rd before our cruise, question do you leave luggage in the room or can you take it down yourself? And when is a good time to go to McCoys is 8 to late. if needing to be downstairs at 9? And When do you check in for your cruise? is it by character name? I assume you check in at the DCL desk in the lobby correct? thanks
Post #24 above gives the check-in times from a cruise last fall. I expect it is similar, though maybe not exactly the same, each cruise. You may leave your luggage in your Hyatt room and it will be picked up from there to take directly to the port. I suppose if you prefer to lug it, you can take it down to meet the bus. I don't know if you want to take it before breakfast but maybe go back to get it after (so you don't have to keep an eye on it while you eat).

Getting on the Wish today, after staying one night at the Hyatt. Below is the info we received on when to check in.

Guests are invited to meet with the Disney Cruise Line Representative at the Hospitality Desk located in the lobby at the following times:

Is it recommended to get there early or wait till the specific time We are first timers I dont want to crowd up the lobby but want to be there at a good time also. Does the hotel take your luggage from your room or should we bring it down with us when we check in at the DCL desk?

. (Of course check out of the hotel first)
Post #24 above gives the check-in times from a cruise last fall. I expect it is similar, though maybe not exactly the same, each cruise. You may leave your luggage in your Hyatt room and it will be picked up from there to take directly to the port. I suppose if you prefer to lug it, you can take it down to meet the bus. I don't know if you want to take it before breakfast but maybe go back to get it after (so you don't have to keep an eye on it while you eat).
i was wondering if just take luggage to lobby of hyatt at DCL desk if thats possible?

Just got off of the Fantasy Western Caribbean. I would recommend eating at Mccoys around 8 am. We walked right into the restaurant (at 8:30 am there was a little bit of a wait). Leaving luggage in the room is perfectly fine as long as you put the luggage tags on the bags. Both times we used Hyatt (last year and this year) there were no issues with our bags. You can verify that Hyatt has you on the DCL bus and luggage pickup at check in.

I have family that lives close to MCO. I'm thinking of taking Disney transportation from the airport even though I won't be flying in that morning or staying at the Hyatt. Is there any reason I couldn't just get dropped off at the Hyatt and still join the bus there as opposed to the general MCO transportation from Terminal B? From what I've read, it doesn't seem like the Hyatt checks you into Disney Transportation and I assume that I can just check-in with Disney Transportation somewhere in the Hyatt lobby (at embarkation morning), but I might have missed something.

I have family that lives close to MCO. I'm thinking of taking Disney transportation from the airport even though I won't be flying in that morning or staying at the Hyatt. Is there any reason I couldn't just get dropped off at the Hyatt and still join the bus there as opposed to the general MCO transportation from Terminal B? From what I've read, it doesn't seem like the Hyatt checks you into Disney Transportation and I assume that I can just check-in with Disney Transportation somewhere in the Hyatt lobby (at embarkation morning), but I might have missed something.
I’m not 100% but Hyatt check in is for Hyatt guests and they forward the list to DCL and coordinate. They had us listed at check in as using DCL and knew we had bags (not number of bags).

Plandisney May be wrong but it seems like you do need to be staying at the Hyatt Orlando airport hotel but why not use the less crowded airport shuttle instead

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...tle-line-disney-world-hotel-even-dont-565962/

Just got off of the Fantasy Western Caribbean. I would recommend eating at Mccoys around 8 am. We walked right into the restaurant (at 8:30 am there was a little bit of a wait). Leaving luggage in the room is perfectly fine as long as you put the luggage tags on the bags. Both times we used Hyatt (last year and this year) there were no issues with our bags. You can verify that Hyatt has you on the DCL bus and luggage pickup at check in.
Question: Did they actually check you in for the cruise and distribute cabin keys at the hotel? Then going directly to security screening of bags at the cruise port?

I am also of the impression that one needs to be a guest of the Hyatt to take transfers from there. You have to either book the Hyatt through DCL or inform DCL of your reservation to get included on the Hyatt manifest. Guests who booked the Hyatt independently and did not inform DCL of the reservation must go to the airport location for transfers.

Question: Did they actually check you in for the cruise and distribute cabin keys at the hotel? Then going directly to security screening of bags at the cruise port?
The Disney check in is around the corner from the check in desk in a conference room at the hotel. DCL already had a list of guests staying at the hotel. I’m not sure how you can skip this as it is a pre printed list given by the hotel. The PAT is 11:45 am for Hyatt guests and that is approx when we arrived.

The airport shuttle will need to have a PAT.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/helpful-info-when-using-dcl-transportation-to-port.3907978/

We stayed at Hyatt MCO before boarding the Wish in March. They checked us in at the Hyatt, meaning they verified passports and activated Magic Bands. We did not get room keys; those were at our cabin. When we arrived at the port, we went directly to security to enter the terminal.

There is no longer any cabin key distribution at check in, wherever it occurs, since the KTTW cards are in sealed envelopes on the fish extenders outside the staterooms.

We stayed at Hyatt MCO before boarding the Wish in March. They checked us in at the Hyatt, meaning they verified passports and activated Magic Bands. We did not get room keys; those were at our cabin. When we arrived at the port, we went directly to security to enter the terminal.
Thanks for understanding and answering my question! It had been mentioned one time that you didn’t do cruise check-in at the port (Big change) if using DCL/Hyatt bus.
Your confirmation is a reassuring verification.

There is no longer any cabin key distribution at check in, wherever it occurs, since the KTTW cards are in sealed envelopes on the fish extenders outside the staterooms.

(Forehead slap) have sailed several times since 2021, but have way more experience with getting the cabin card at the desk. I have a vague memory of being handed lanyards at check-in, too (but that is an old memory - and could just be my imagination).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter