My Favorites! August 2023 Exercise Challenge

+36 minutes on the treadmill on Thursday, and 47 minutes this morning.

I don't really have a favorite festival but the best meet and greet I've ever done was Rapunzel, oddly enough. I'm not a huge fan but she was exactly like you see her in the movie. I was in costume as Ursala, wearing a necklace I'd made from an actual shell with a recording chip that played Aerial's voice. Rapunzel was completed amazed by it and we had a long conversation. I always cry when I meet Tiana, because she's my princess, and I was speechless when Dr. Facilier knew that I had friends on the other side. With Rapunzel we actually talked...like people. Wow.

Favorite Disney Parks "Scenery" or Location? is the concrete in front of Friar's nook by the entrance to the Princess Meet and Greet, across from the carasel. That's the piece of ground where we always sit and watch the fireworks. It's amazing. You've got plenty of space, a great view that feels like you're inside the fireworks, and you can even smell the explosives. Once we were lucky enough to get dusted with ash! If you go, remember to stay an arm's length back from the ropes and bring something to sit on in case the ground is wet. <3

Raya: 317/440 - 72%
week 1: 121/110 ⭐
week 2: 77/110
week 3: 119/110⭐
week 4: #/110

+130

755/1200

My favorite character meet 'n greet was Emperor Palpatine during Star Wars Weekends at DHS. My DH had fashioned a Darth Vader necklace from a giant Darth Vader Pez, and the Emperor really liked it!

View attachment 786300View attachment 786301

Favorite land - Galaxy's Edge

Favorite festival - Flower & Garden at Epcot (though we sorely miss Star Wars Weekends)

Favorite holiday party - Oogie Boogie Bash (with honorable mention to Mickey's No So Scary) and Disney After Dark: Star Wars Night at DLR. Apparently we just like dressing up!

View attachment 786303View attachment 786304

View attachment 786307View attachment 786308
You guys are so cute!

+20 minutes of Chloe Ting and exercise bike.

Next category will be another big one! What is your favorite Disney Live Action movie? I have so many that I love, so I'll mention a few:

The Parent Trap (both the 1961 and the 1998 versions)

The Princess Diaries

But my favorite is probably Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl!

Favorite Disney Parks "Scenery" or Location? is the concrete in front of Friar's nook by the entrance to the Princess Meet and Greet, across from the carasel. That's the piece of ground where we always sit and watch the fireworks. It's amazing. You've got plenty of space, a great view that feels like you're inside the fireworks, and you can even smell the explosives. Once we were lucky enough to get dusted with ash! If you go, remember to stay an arm's length back from the ropes and bring something to sit on in case the ground is wet. <3

Hah! My DH loves to watch fireworks back there and still fondly remembers getting a cinder in his eye!

Wow, somehow I got way behind...
+135 minutes
845/1395... 61%

Favorite meet-and-greet: I don't do many meet-and-greets, but will do one character meal each trip. But way back in 2016 I was feeling pretty good about my weight and more comfortable getting my picture taken so I did several. Tink and I talked at length about how pirates stink but we like them anyway, so that was a lot of fun.

1692547905873.png
I'm 20 pounds lighter now, so I'm planning on getting a photo or two taken, but haven't really thought about which characters it will be with.
Favorite location: I have several, but the rocking chairs in the Liberty Square area are a fav.
1692548122953.png

Favorite Disney movie: I liked Brave quite a bit and also Up.
Favorite live action Disney movie: Cinderella.. I'm a fan of Lily James and thought she was wonderful.

Favorite festival: Flower and Garden. I used to do my annual trip in Spring so would naturally be there at that time, and was quite surprised the first time I visited EPCOT and it wasn't all dolled up.

Dragged myself through 30 minutes on the treadmill. I have a rule that no matter how you feel, you go for 30 minutes. This morning was the first time in a long time that I thought I should revise that to be 15 minutes. :P

Raya: 347/440 - 78%
week 1: 121/110 ⭐
week 2: 77/110
week 3: 119/110⭐
week 4: 30/110

+25 minutes of marching in place while my husband had me watch reviews of a Honda Odyssey... Oy vey.

Congrats to Raya for being the first to reach Princess Pink!

So, my favorite princess is actually Tiana! Even though I prefer the movie of Tangled, I like the character of Tiana a little more than Rapunzel. And mostly because I had a really great experience meeting her in the park! But Punzie is definitely my number 2!
Tiana by Elizabeth Smith, on Flickr
Rapunzel by Elizabeth Smith, on Flickr
(And in case you really want to know, my third favorite is Cinderella.)
Cinderella by Elizabeth Smith, on Flickr

+80 minutes for yesterday... a good long walk and arms

985/1395... 71%

Favorite princess... I don't really have one but have a couple favorite princess encounters. One trip we had breakfast at CRT and Cinderella totally got to me during the downstairs meet-and-greet. We had a lovely chat about shoes (naturally) and afterwards I found myself grinning like the Cheshire Cat. Then upstairs there was a toddler at the table next to us, totally oblivious to what was going on until Snow White planted a big red kiss on his forehead (don't imagine they do this any longer post covid), then he had his eye on every princess that went by. Oh and one trip I did the backstage tour of Future World where they take you thru the laundry/costuming area and the tour guide warned us that we might see princess putting their faces on and to not make eye contact with them... and we did pass by a dressing room with a bevy of them in there getting all dolled up.

+45 mins for yesterday... had my reflexology appt yesterday and don't like to do long walks after it so not quite as many minutes.

1030/1395... 74%

Princes, gee, I don't think I pay much attention to them. It seems like in most stories they are just the prize (trophy princes?) and don't have a story line or personality. I haven't watched Rapunzel but have seen enough clips of it that show Flynn Rider has some spunk, so I'll also go with him.

270 minutes since last check in - horses and running

1635/2000

Favorites continued:

animated Disney movie - Encanto
1692812486697.png;

shout out to my favorite animated Pixar film - Elemental, which is my current favorite film in the whole of Disney companies - very much recommend if you haven't seen it yet
1692812777710.png

parks festival - Cannot choose between Festival of the Holidays and Festival of the Arts because they are both fantastic in their own ways

Live action Disney movie - Tomorrowland - because dreamers
1692812975861.png
and Live Action The Little Mermaid because Halle Bailey is incredible, the movie is visually gorgeous, and this version fixes things I didn't like about the animated one
1692813010884.png

Disney Princess - Tiana
1692813341481.png
Rapunzel is a close second, and if Esmerelda from Hunchback of Notre Dame was still considered a Disney Princess, she'd be up there, too. I'm also a big fan of Frozen II Anna, though she's technically a queen now, so I don't think she counts. Also, Princess Leia needs to be made an official Disney Princess.

Disney Prince - Eric from Live Action The Little Mermaid
1692813599512.png

I think that catches me up.

+15 minutes on the exercise bike tonight.

Yay for Twilight Sparkle reaching Princess Pink!

So, what's your favorite Disney+ or TV series?
What comes to mind for me is Kim Possible!
1692845399999.png
(I also want to mention Boy Meets World, which was kind of a Disney show, but not really. It aired on ABC and was produced by Touchstone Television BUT it was filmed at Walt Disney Studios for the first two seasons, was syndicated on Disney Channel, and is available for streaming on Disney+).

Kim had a great sidekick, Ron Stoppable, and Ron had a great sidekick, Rufus! So follow-up, who is your favorite Disney sidekick? While I love Ron and Rufus, I have to say that my favorite Disney sidekick is probably Pooh Bear. I mean, he's Christopher Robin's sidekick, right?
1692845709668.png

But if you don't want to count Pooh Bear, fair enough. Then it definitely goes to Timothy Q. Mouse.
1692845855920.png

What about your favorite Disney Animal? I'm going to say Timothy fits that category well, too. But I also love Gus Gus from Cinderella. I guess I just like mice!
1692845965078.png

+45 mins for yesterday.
1075/1395... 77%

Favorite Disney TV show... Wonderful World of Color. We didn't watch much TV when I was a kid (I'm old, it just wasn't much of a thing back then) but that show stuck with me... that and the original Batman, not Disney tho.

1692893685893.png
1692893391810.png
Favorite Disney Animal... again reaching thru the way-back machine, I'll say Thomasina even tho that movie scarred me for life.
1692893528793.png

Favorite sidekick...yah, I could also go for Pooh.

105 minutes - horses

1740/2000

Favorite Disney series - Wanda Vision
1692900596100.png
and Tangled the Series
1692900670462.png

honorable mentions to The Mandalorian, Andor, Andi Mack, Bluey, Owl House, Girl Meets World, and Good Luck Charlie

Favorite Sidekick - Ray from The Princess and the Frog
1692900720966.png

ETA: Favorite Disney Animal -Maximus from Tangled
1692901127654.png

Definitely me with all the horses.

Last edited:
Adding 30 minutes tonight of Growwithjo! Broke in some of my new workout clothes with a good sweat! Yay!
And with that Oneanne and I have reached Princess Pink! Yippee!

Do you have a favorite Disney Souvenir?

I enjoy casual pin collecting. I got a really cool, glow-in-the-dark Madam Leota pin by trading with a Cast Member at a DVC booth back in 2017. (Not my picture, I found it on ebay).
1692932201880.png
I also love my Disney sweatshirts. I bought several over the years. Most recently, my Disneyland hoodie!
20220617_000020 by Jacob Smith, on Flickr

And the best souvenirs are free! I still have my celebration buttons.
Contemporary Resort by Elizabeth Smith, on Flickr
Trivia Queen from 2017, won at the gift shop in the contemporary resort.
20220617_103718 by Jacob Smith, on Flickr
And my first timer pin from Disneyland!

I think the sweatshirts are my favorite, though, because I wear them often in the colder months and they're a very practical way to remember the fun times we had!

I seriously need to post more often! :rotfl:
Catching up:

What is your favorite Disney Animated Movie?
Inside Out

What's your favorite festival?
The only one I've been to - Flower & Garden
(But I'd also like to go to Festival of the Arts someday)

What is your favorite Disney Live Action movie?
Escape to Witch Mountain (the original one)

favorite princess
Belle - because I love reading and so does she

who's your favorite prince?
Don't have one

So, what's your favorite Disney+ or TV series?
Probably Wonderful World of Disney (the particular iteration of that series when I was a small child0

who is your favorite Disney sidekick?
Mushu

What about your favorite Disney Animal?
The ones in The Incredible Journey

Do you have a favorite Disney Souvenir?
Either my coffee mugs - because I use them most often, or Christmas ornaments, because we buy one every trip and love talking about the memories when we decorate the tree

And as for minutes:

Tue-8/15 - 25
Wed-8/16 - 20
Thu-8/17 - 25
Fri-8/18 - 15
Sat-8/19 - 25
Sun-8/20 - 20
Mon-8/21 - 25
Tue-8/22 - 15
Wed-8/23 (none)
Thu-8/24 - 15
---------------------
185 new minutes = 405/600

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter