My First Solo Trip And All the Pre-Trip Drama...

Ok... so today I'm going to my parents' to do my laundry, then if I'm done early start some packing. Tomorrow I'm packing and cleaning for sure... and finishing up whatever on Saturday that I don't get done tomorrow.

So the count is on... 7 days left! And since I work every day from tomorrow on it will go by really fast... actually prolly too fast.

So today I was going to pack, but that has to be put on hold until later tonight. My ex-boyfriend's mom is giving me luggage. I told him to just get me a piece but I have to go up there and "choose" what I want. How much luggage do they have? Actually that is a really stupid question because they have so much junk. They own a couple of stores and I know that when they order X amount of stuff they get free stuff. They furnished 1/2 of my apartment. They have a 50" LCD tv in their bedroom that they got for free once.

Oh well, so basically today I will go find my place of voting. Then come back here and clean. Since I can't pack I'm going to Swiffer the kitchen and bathroom, vacuum the living/dining/my bedroom. Hang all my clothes... and get all my travel docs ready. I don't want to leave home without them.

Then tonight at 5 I'm going to my ex's house for him to change my oil. And while he does that I'll go to his parents' to pick out my luggage (they have their own road so their entire family lives on it).

I just found out my rechargeable batteries have died. They only take about 20 pics now, so I have to pick up some more. One of my closest friends works at OMax so I think I'm going to have him get them for me.

Anyways... I know there was a lot of drama earlier with this trip and work. Well the original manager has since concluded her two weeks and the new manager has taken place. She was originally the co-manager. I can already see things evolving and changing so much for the better. The communication is was better and everyone is so much more willing to work along. I'm not saying its all peaches and cream because our company has just issued all sorts of new customer assistance programs, new register programs, etc. So there is a lot of stress of not knowing what is going on or understanding it. But we are definately keeping the communications up so that everyone is hopefully understanding it to the best of our knowledge. I am a bit sad because they eliminated the co-manager position, but I'm definately glad I'm getting more involved in things that are going on. I don't plan on being in retail my whole life, but I definately think the management experience will help me out in the long run!

So I didn't get packed or clean on Tuesday. I actually slept until 2:30 pm! Its ok I suppose! I definately needed it (and then I was fast asleep by 11 pm).

Anyways... so I get out of work at 5:30 today, so I'm coming straight home and putting my clothes away and finishing picking out what I want to bring. Then I'll start the packing process. I just hope I have everything on my list and I can find everything (I moved and am not completely sure what boxes I put everything in).

I'm debating on bringing my Crocs or not. They take up so much space. I just don't know. I only wear em to the Animal Kingdom, so I'm not sure if its really worth it...

Whatever I don't get packed tonight, I'll pack Saturday (since I get out of work at 1).

Alright time to get ready for work!

You are leaving so soon! Getting excited? Don't worry about going solo - once you are there, you will love seeing the world on your own terms!

I'm passed the excited stage and into nervousness now. I have panic attacks on airplanes. I'm not afraid of flying (I actually love it more than most things - I'd even fly to work and I only live a mile away!). They started in 2001 when I went to Louisiana to look at a college. On the flight home I had a panic attack that lasted the entire flight (6 hours from Houston to Laguardia). After that I had panic attacks on almost a daily basis. They subsided, I think, in 2002. I got one on the flight down to MCO in 2006 and have had em on planes ever since (well I have them other places now too).

I am totally excited though to say I have only 8 hours of work left til I am officially on vacation! I'm trying to get everything done and taken care of before I go to work at 1 pm! That way I can come home and fall asleep so I can wake up in a daze at 3:30 to get ready...

I try to rest assure that I have this really amazing book that I'm reading, cards, and I am flying JetBlue so they have DirectTV!

For the most part I'm packed. I have a few things that need to be taken care of (such as my small bottles of liquid in my carry-on and my makeup and stuff).

The nail polish I picked out is a very muted pink. It's so muted that it's not glossy at all! But at least it won't clash with anything.

I'm not really that worried about being alone anymore! I've really started to picture how things will turn out! I am kinda nervous about leaving a specific friend. I've been hanging out with him 4 + days a week for a few months now and to not be able to have him there for me... it might be pretty interesting.

And just to say... I thought things were going so smoothly these past few days... I really thought I'd get away with no drama... but alas that could not happen. I won't get into details but I spent a great amount of the night crying... I even asked if this info coulda been delivered to me post-WDW vacation but it could not be so. But I'm ok now... my friend was here with me and he's really good at cheering me up.

I am so ready for this vacation... so ready for my bed at Pop... So ready for the sights, sounds... and my favorite smells!

I'm passed the excited stage and into nervousness now. I have panic attacks on airplanes. I'm not afraid of flying (I actually love it more than most things - I'd even fly to work and I only live a mile away!). They started in 2001 when I went to Louisiana to look at a college. On the flight home I had a panic attack that lasted the entire flight (6 hours from Houston to Laguardia). After that I had panic attacks on almost a daily basis. They subsided, I think, in 2002. I got one on the flight down to MCO in 2006 and have had em on planes ever since (well I have them other places now too).

I am totally excited though to say I have only 8 hours of work left til I am officially on vacation! I'm trying to get everything done and taken care of before I go to work at 1 pm! That way I can come home and fall asleep so I can wake up in a daze at 3:30 to get ready...

I try to rest assure that I have this really amazing book that I'm reading, cards, and I am flying JetBlue so they have DirectTV!

For the most part I'm packed. I have a few things that need to be taken care of (such as my small bottles of liquid in my carry-on and my makeup and stuff).

The nail polish I picked out is a very muted pink. It's so muted that it's not glossy at all! But at least it won't clash with anything.

I'm not really that worried about being alone anymore! I've really started to picture how things will turn out! I am kinda nervous about leaving a specific friend. I've been hanging out with him 4 + days a week for a few months now and to not be able to have him there for me... it might be pretty interesting.

And just to say... I thought things were going so smoothly these past few days... I really thought I'd get away with no drama... but alas that could not happen. I won't get into details but I spent a great amount of the night crying... I even asked if this info coulda been delivered to me post-WDW vacation but it could not be so. But I'm ok now... my friend was here with me and he's really good at cheering me up.

I am so ready for this vacation... so ready for my bed at Pop... So ready for the sights, sounds... and my favorite smells!

Hmmm, panic attacks on planes but you're not afraid of flying? What do you think brings it on? Is it maybe an overwhelming sense of excitement, anxiousness and nervousness for the upcoming trip all in one and it comes out in a panic attack? I say have lots to keep yourself busy, have a cocktail if you think that would help, and I'm sure they even have over the counter "natural remedies" to help calm you. Get some lavendar oil - that is supposed to be calming. My dog trainer rubs it on her wrists and she totally believes the smell relaxes the dog (and herself).

Muted pink is always a good go-to shade. I usually get something darker on my toes and a french or light pink on my hands. My nail polish always chips within the first few days and light colors are obviously way less noticeable than bright red!

Sorry you are still having so much drama, especially so close to your vacation. Which sounds like it is much needed at this point. Enjoy your last few hours in the real world before heading to the happiest place on earth! I can't wait to hear how your trip goes :goodvibes

They never figured out what may have been the underlying reason for my attacks. But I had them so severely and often that they (doctors) told me just to expect to have them for the rest of my life. So I just "deal" with them when they come. A lot of people tell me its because of the 9/11 attacks, but my panic attacks started months before that... unless I have some sort of ESP then it is not the case.

My friend wanted me to get a french manicure, except because I'll be baking away in the hot Florida sun, they tend to turn yellow. Something about the top coat reacting with the UV rays.

Well I'm off to try to finish some last minute things before I have to get ready for work. Then its off for the trip!

Ok, so I know my trip was like 3 months ago.. but I promise I will work on my trip report here shortly. After coming home from the trip I went right into the holiday season at work. After that came my birthday which takes about a month to plan so... As soon as I get my pics uploaded to Photobucket then I can do my trip report from my parents' house on my days off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter