My first time to Seaworld AND Busch Gardens

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
...will be the first week of January.

What days of the week are the best to visit? Are their any days to avoid?

My son is tall enough for the rides and a thrill ride fiend. Any suggestions for a plan of attack?

Thanks in advance!
:D

Mondays-Thursdays prefered, avoid weekend.

Sea World is obious if you like thrill rides. Kraken/JTA first thing. They have manageable lines throughout the day and the lines generally move fast. So, there really is no gameplan here. Just watch show times you want to see and plan around them.

BGT: Gwazi can build a line, Montu and Scorpion can build small ones, and Kumba and Python have reletively no line. So, Gwazi first. Get your fill of this! The line may reach undesireable amounts during the day. Then over to Montu. If Rhino Rally is over 30 min. continue on. Ride Scorpion and anything in that plaza you are interested in. Then go to Kumba, followed by Python. By then, if not sooner, it should be time to eat. I suggest the BBQ in Stanleyville. We eat it everytime we go. Now, if you wish, ride Tidal Wave, flume, and CRRapids. At this point you pick throughout the remainder of the day a mixture of animals and coasters. The Nursery, Myombe Reserve, bird area, and Edge of Africa should be seen.

Kraken is fantastic. Make sure you see Cirque De La Mer (spelling?). It's a great show. You will laugh yourself silly!

I would hit Kraken and JTA first. Wild Arctic can have long lines, so try this early or ride it at anytime except after a Shamu show. Nearly everyone who watched the Shamu show will head towards the closest attraction, which is Wild Arctic. Otherwise, just wander around leisurely and enjoy the shows and attractions.

As for BGT, I would hit Gwazi first and ride both sides. Then head to Montu, ride the skyride (if open) to Kumba, do Scorpion and the Python. If you must, ride Rhino Rally. Do the single rider line (if open) or grab a Quick Queue pass. I wouldn't wait a long time for this one. Then you can wander around and take in some of the other rides and attractions.

SW and BGT both have shows. I think SW has a better show. The dolphin show at SW is much better than the one at BGT.

I'm reading this and realizing that I may upgrade our SW gold passports to include BGT during the school holiday vacation coming up (they're off until Tues. Jan 8th!!! :D) so now I'm curious...does anyone have the height requirements for the various attractions and coasters? I have one child who is very very close to 54, sometimes he is, sometimes not...it's THAT close and my other son is 52 inches. So I want to get an idea what we'll be doing...I haven't been to BGT since I was about twelve...and that was quite awhile ago.... :rolleyes:

Thanks!
Karen

Kumba and Montu require 54'' I believe, but the rest are all rideable for those heights.

My son's off until the 8th also. The LONGEST winter break in history I think!

I waited it seemed like FOREVER for my son to FINALLY hit the covetted 54 inches! We had been down to IOA TEN times before he FINALLY got to ride the Hulk! It was worth the wait!

Now that he's about my height, he can go on everything, that's why I included BG this time. Your's will be there in no time. I told mine you'll spend MOST of your life taller than 54" so be patient! :D

Thanks Rocketman!

I hear ya, Robin...it's SO frustrating for them (and for me when I had to pass on everything before!:D) but they DO grow fast...my younger one just went from 51 inches to 52 in just over a month! It was amazing...!!!

I like this vacation schedule, we came from Boston, so up there, they go back right after the first...but we have almost an extra week than them...but of course, they get a vacation in Feb. and we don't...but I like this schedule better...especially in May when we're out, and they have all of June to go! :D

It sounds like BGT would be a good take for us then too! Something a little different too, which is always good!

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter