My flight isn't listed anymore....

SuzyQue

Serious Mickey Nut
We fly out of DTW on Spirit Friday. I booked online and I check their site daily, today my flight is gone from the list of 3 flights leaving that day. I called, she asked for my internet res. number and said the flight has been confirmed but she sounded a little hesitant. Do they normally pull flights from the web site when they're full or am I looking at a possible dropped flight??? ~:(~

That's how I found out my flight was cancelled on USAir. Someone told me to pretend I wanted tickets for the flight I had confirmation for. The flight was no longer available. No one from the airlines called me to let me know it was cancelled. This was about a week before I was due to leave. When I called, I was told I needed to rebook. Hardly anything was available, and nothing at the time I originally wanted to leave. I had to ask for the supervisor to get a flight without a stopover. This was Sept. 2001.

Hopefully, your flight is O.K. I would call again and ask for a supervisor.:bounce: :o :D

Two weeks ago I was checking AA on the internet and discovered that our flight was now departed from another state. According to the very nice AA agent since 9/11 many flights have been changed and dropped. We were lucky enough to get put on an acceptable flight

Your flight is probably cancelled. Call the airline and press for an answer. If you already had seat assignments and no longer do, that is usually an indicator of a problem.

Anne

I found out my USAir flight was cancelled by putting in a search via Travelocity for the same travel dates and departure/arrival sites. This was back in Sept. 2001. My first alert that something was amiss was when they first listed the flight as sold out. The following day it was listed as cancelled. I called USAir immediately and was rescheduled. Folks who booked the same flight through AAA were not notified until midweek. (We didn't know they were traveling the same flight until the woman told DH her woes with AAA.) If I didn't check, I don't think anyone would have called me. Travelocity didn't, when in years past, they would. The woman from USAir advised that Travelocity does not pass along the customer phone number for USAir to call. She suggested that I make sure the Air Carrier has my phone number in the future.

Do whatever you need to do to make sure your flight is still a go. Don't wait until you arrive at the airport...you might end up wasting a lot of time.

Good luck!

Sharon

Thanks everyone for the replys. On the Spirit site, "closed" flights have a red background and "available" flights have a dark gray background. Up until yesterday my flight had a dark gray background, but now it's gone completely. I thought if it filled up it would change to a "red" background, not disappear. Well as I said in my last post I called and she "confirmed" my reservation. So I called again this afternoon and told her I noticed my flight wasn't listed anymore on the internet was there a problem? She asked for my number and read my information back to me just as I have it on my e-ticket, same flight numbers same times etc. and said "have a nice flight!". After reading all your posts I am uneasy but don't know how to confirm it any further. ~ :confused:~

When is your flight? The only other suggestion I have is to keep calling up until about 2 days before your flight just to verify. Good luck!:bounce: :bounce:

You can alway try checking your flight number for today or tomorrow and see if its still running. AA only posts flights 48hours in advance on the internet. However my flight was not listed and it is a daily flight, or in our case used to be but was cut thats how i was alerted there was a problem

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter