My friend has started a new group for widows

MistressMerryweather

DIS Veteran
I'm hoping it's alright to post this here.
My friend lost her dh almost 10 weeks ago and has found it hard to connect to people who understand. She has started a new group on facebook for widows.

https://www.facebook.com/WidowsCommunity

Please join and spread the word. If you are a new widow, long time widow, or even remarried, your advice and experience can help so many. It would mean so much to me to have others who could support her in this time and the hard times to come. The "likes" and posts to her new group would be an incredible encouragement to her right now.
From my friend:

Here is a message from her.
"Attention to any of my friends who currently are or have been widows - Since I couldn't find a group on here for widow's I have created one. I'd like to have women on there who have been through it and can give some advice, or a shoulder to lean on to help us newer one's know we can make it though. I'm also looking for new widows, remarried widow's - just any kind. I just want to create a site to help (and yes, to get help for myself) and a place that women can feel free in posting how they feel. If you are a widow or know one it's listed under "widow's community" here on facebook. Get the word out please."

I'm hoping it's alright to post this here.
My friend lost her dh almost 10 weeks ago and has found it hard to connect to people who understand. She has started a new group on facebook for widows.

https://www.facebook.com/WidowsCommunity

Please join and spread the word. If you are a new widow, long time widow, or even remarried, your advice and experience can help so many. It would mean so much to me to have others who could support her in this time and the hard times to come. The "likes" and posts to her new group would be an incredible encouragement to her right now.
From my friend:

Here is a message from her.
"Attention to any of my friends who currently are or have been widows - Since I couldn't find a group on here for widow's I have created one. I'd like to have women on there who have been through it and can give some advice, or a shoulder to lean on to help us newer one's know we can make it though. I'm also looking for new widows, remarried widow's - just any kind. I just want to create a site to help (and yes, to get help for myself) and a place that women can feel free in posting how they feel. If you are a widow or know one it's listed under "widow's community" here on facebook. Get the word out please."

First off, you are a wonderful friend to help spread the word for her new widows group. I was widowed at a young age (remarried) and had visited several widow groups in New Hampshire. I went with my friend (also a young widow) but the groups were not applicable to us for the most part. Our church group lumped into one group divorced, separated and widowed so that did not work, and other groups were mostly older women who had very different issues from us, ie social security retirment benefits, etc.

I will friend the group, and hope others here are able to do the same for you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter